main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Your Favorite TCW Episode - First Half of Season Three

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Barriss_Coffee, Dec 20, 2010.

?

Your Favorite TCW Episode - First Half of Season Three

Poll closed Dec 25, 2010.
  1. Clone Cadets

9.3%
  2. ARC Troopers

28.0%
  3. Supply Lines

9.3%
  4. Sphere of Influence

2.7%
  5. Corruption & The Academy

2.7%
  6. Assassin

1.3%
  7. Evil Plans

2.7%
  8. Hunt for Ziro

34.7%
  9. Heroes on Both Sides

9.3%
  10. Pursuit of Peace

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Humble_Jedi

Humble_Jedi Jedi Master star 4

Oct 14, 2004
    koonfan for prez!

I mean: agreed. :p

2. Swashbucklingjedi

Swashbucklingjedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2010
    we agree about something then but rookies is not only good episode..... let's say Landing at Point Rain, Deserter, Grievous Intrigue, Clone Cadets, Hunt for Ziro, Heroes on Both Sides (yeah believe it or not), Hidden Enemy, Cat and Mouse and Voyage of Temptation there is my top ten:p

3. DarthVengeant

DarthVengeant Jedi Master star 3

Oct 14, 2004
    I personally have enjoyed every single episode and really do not have a favorite since they are all good. All the political episodes are great and give background and story to the events happening elsewhere. It is needed, weather people like it or not. Politics are part of Star Wars, that is a fact. People who get bored with the political episodes obviously do not have a lengthy attention span. Most likely people who couldn't watch 2001 or The Conversation without falling asleep. Too each their own of course, but politics are needed in a show like this. There can only be so much fighting and explosions. Its already getting old how many times they fight and capture Grevious and Dooku. How many times Padme gets her life threatened or someone trying to assassinate her. Id rather dwell deep into the characters and the reason for things happening, politics help with that.

4. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    Just Rookies, The Deserter, and Clone Cadets for me.

5. Mond

Mond Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 21, 2009
    So your love affair with Cargo of Doom has come to an end?

6. GGrievous

Nov 6, 2005
    That's not the way I put it before. It was a decent episode, but it's not my favorite. The only episode I liked from start to finish is Rookies.

7. Mond

Mond Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 21, 2009
    I was just kidding with you dude. :D

I did somehow get the idea that you really liked that one though.

8. GGrievous

Nov 6, 2005
    No. :p
    Some parts bothered me. There were big discussions about that last year in the CoD thread.

9. Darth_Nihl

Darth_Nihl Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 24, 2008
    For me, I judge an episode based on only one thing: "Was it better than having nothing at all?" And so far, every single episode prior to season three was. Even episodes like The Gunguan General and Senate Spy had a few redeeming qualities that made them worthwhile. Season three, however, gave us two episodes that, in my opinion, were completely horrid and worthless.

1. Hunt For Ziro
    2. ARC Troopers
    3. Clone Cadets

All these episodes were awesome and have tons of rewatchable value.

4. Pursuit Of Peace
    5. Supply Lines
    6. Corruption
    7. Sphere Of Influence
    8. Heroes On Both Sides

I enjoyed all these episodes, even if none of them were standouts (yes, even Corruption, if only for its comedic value).

9. Assassin

I would have liked this episode if not for the massive plot hole it created. I was so excited to see Aurra Sing again, and having her put in prison at the end, causing major problems for Hostage Crisis really made me annoyed.

10. The Academy
    11. Evil Plans

The two worst episodes of all time for me, and the only two that I will never watch again. I hated those British brats in the Academy, and having Almec being the villain at the end was completely predictible and boring.
    Evil Plans, howevever, trumps even that. I mean, who cares about Droid spas and bargaining over fruit. Wow, just wow. Definetely the most pointless episode of all time. And then at the end, they even tried to make it suspenseful, like, OMG, will they get back with the fruit in time!? Who cares!!

10. Swashbucklingjedi

Swashbucklingjedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2010
    i wouldn't judge evil plans so harshly it was definitely pointless but if it would've been in some other place between some massive action episodes it would have been breath of fresh air with cute droidstory:p but now in the middle of boring politics marathon it was really annoying.... getting the fruit is big thing for droid like threepio but yeah it was very pointless filler....

there is need for prequel that tells how aurra escaped from the priosn

11. Asharak

Asharak Jedi Master star 4

Apr 23, 2003
    "Either way you cut it, there's really no excuse. Making good episodes in no more expensive or taxing than making bad ones. Sure, epic scale episodes like Landing on Point Rain consume more resources, but you can make pretty small episodes that don't suck. I mean, Rookies, one of the best episodes of the show (if not THE best) must have been one of the easiest to create. The same character model reused several times, just that small outpost for scenery and that's it. A few shootouts, nothing too fancy. Just write a good script and you're settled! There's really no excuse for a string of boring episodes. It doesn't matter if the rest of season 3 is mindboggling awesome, it still won't change the fact that this first half was a BIG mistake."

This. Someone in the production team said that it takes half a year to make each episode. Why on earth would anyone be willing to spend that much time on something so boring? It just boggles the mind that someone thought the plot of Corruption, Pursuit of peace, Evil Plans etc.. were interesting enough to spend resources on for such a huge amount of time.

They could have had an episode on Korriban, they could have given us an all out battle between "Death Watch" and clones, or any number of more interesting tales, and it probably wouldn?t have taken more of their time or money. Why would they commit themselves to a bunch of episodes that was as mediocre as this?

Why?

:oops:

:_|

12. koonfan

koonfan Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 15, 2008
    Well, at least they're getting the bad ideas out of the way first. It would have been really weird to me if we got all the epic adventures in the first three seasons and then the show started to sputter and die in the last ones. Sure, it would have been better if they hadn't been made at all, but the fact is that they exist, they were aired, there's nothing we can do about it.

Besides which OH LOOK SPILLED MILK LET'S CRY OVER IT. What's that, Lucasfilm? You don't want to join us as we weep over ruined dairy products? You'd rather work on the rest of the show? Your loss!