main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Your Favorite TCW Episode - Second Half of Season Two

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Gry Sarth, May 17, 2010.

?

Your Favorite TCW Episode - Second Half of Season Two

Poll closed May 17, 2010.
  1. The Mandalore Plot

1.8%
  2. Voyage of Temptation

32.1%
  3. Duchess of Mandalore

12.5%
  4. Senate Murders

1.8%
  5. Cat and Mouse

5.4%
  6. Bounty Hunters

5.4%
  7. The Zillo Beast / The Zillo Beast Strikes Back

5.4%
  8. Death Trap

3.6%
  9. R2 Come Home

1.8%
  10. Lethal Trackdown

30.4%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gry Sarth

Gry Sarth Ex 2x Banhammer Wielding Besalisk Mod star 5

Jun 24, 1999
    Please vote for your favorite episode of the second half of Season Two of The Clone Wars!

Remember you MUST BE CAREFUL WHEN VOTING! The selection button is not exactly in line with each choice and you may end up voting for the wrong character!
    The selection button is actually ABOVE the name of the character!

2. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    Tough choice, since there is no episode in this second half that stands out for me. I think I'll vote for Duchess of Mandalore. That Coruscant Park is beautiful.

3. Gry Sarth

Jun 24, 1999
    Looking at that selection really makes you feel how ho-hum the second half of this season was. There are nice episodes, sure, but most of them really don't stand out much. Went with Lethal Trackdown as it felt the strongest all-around.

4. Slowburn

Slowburn Jedi Youngling star 4

Apr 22, 2010
    The preliminary results seem to be the most accurate in my mind. I'd say that "Duchess of Mandalore" is my favorite of the second half because of what it reveals of Obi-Wan as well the buildup of it in general. "Lethal Trackdown" was decent too. I did enjoy this season, don't get me wrong, but it doesn't seem that epic in hindsight.

5. Game3525

Game3525 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 25, 2008
    Voyage of Temptation was one of the best episodes of the season IMO.

6. Gry Sarth

Jun 24, 1999
    Then why not vote for it?

7. koonfan

koonfan Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 15, 2008
    Voted for Voyage of Temptation. Awesome Obi-Wan episode as well as a fantastic villain.

Alas, poor latter half. Guess 'dark' isn't always better, huh? Not unless you can back it up with some substance. XD

Voyage of Temptation and Lethal Trackdown stand out for me as episodes you could call critical successes. The Zillo Beast arc, while light and filler, was good nonsensical fun, and Bounty Hunters felt like Jedi Crash crossed with 7 Samurai. The rest were entertaining, buuuuut...yeah, nothing much to stand out.

8. Game3525

Game3525 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 25, 2008
    I clicked the wrong episode by accident.[face_blush]

9. Gry Sarth

Jun 24, 1999
    ...figured as much. Don't be ashamed, though, greater men than you have fallen prey to the poor poll layout.

10. mighty_mouse_droid

mighty_mouse_droid Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 11, 2010

Voted for Voyage of Temptation. In all honesty, most of the episodes on the list had their moments (Senate Murders and Cat and Mouse the least of which), but Voyage had the best overall package

11. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    Voted for Voyage. Great dialogue, very OT-reminiscent. Tal Merrick was fun and Obi-Wan & Satine were great.

12. Humble_Jedi

Humble_Jedi Jedi Master star 4

Oct 14, 2004
    Voyage of Temptation... was really excited watching it, and I still like it the best. The climax was fantastic, with the confession moment and Anakin's dark solution.

Agreed about the second half of the season looking weak.

I loved the Mandalore trilogy as a whole though... the sum is somehow better than its parts or some such.

13. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    Let's hope they get rid of this layout when the forum' server is changed.

14. rumblewagon

rumblewagon Force Ghost star 4

Sep 24, 2004
    Cast my vote for Lethal Trackdown. Great action scenes, excellent character development.

15. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    Meh, they all were bad/okay/something was wrong with them in my opinion. But, I voted for Zillo Beast #1

16. Garth Maul

May 18, 2002
    The first 5 minutes of Zillo Beast #1 was pretty incredible and showed how awesome the show could be when it wants to focus on the Clone Wars.

Animation was great, Mace was great, little things like the EMP shorting out Anakin's hand...

17. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    It's been a while since we've seen a battle that had something to do with the Clone Wars. But, those droids didn't do anything.

18. Gry Sarth

Jun 24, 1999
    Who would have ever imagined a few years ago that the episode featuring prominently Mandalorian warriors would have gotten no votes by now?

19. Garth Maul

May 18, 2002
    I'd probably put Mandalore Plot 3rd after Voyage of Temptation and Lethal Trackdown.

20. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    Irony that for a season so full of bounty hunters, the only one who behaved like one was the Mandalorian on "Duchess of Mandalore".

21. darth-amedda

darth-amedda Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 8, 2003
    :( I clicked the wrong episode :_|
    Well, it's changing, but at the moment my ranking would be more/less:

1.Lethal Trackdown
    2.Cat and Mouse
    3.Voyage of Temptation
    4.Bounty Hunters
    5.The Zillo Beast / The Zillo Beast Strikes Back
    6.Duchess of Mandalore
    7.R2 Come Home
    8.The Mandalore Plot
    9.Senate Murders
    10.Death Trap

22. dewback_rancher

dewback_rancher Jedi Master star 4

Aug 23, 2009
    Gotta go with the Zillo Beast episodes. As a major fan of giant monster movies, and seeing all the Godzilla references, those just took the cake.

Besides, I always wanted to see what it'd be like if you pitted Godzilla against the GFFA, and now I have an inkling. Turns out I was pretty much right: giant monster trashes all over SW tech. [face_laugh]

Seriously, though, the characterization of the Zillo Beast was just amazing. They really made it seem like an intelligent, living creature, and the unique roar and design compared to other giant monsters just made me fall in love with the thing.

The Zillo Beast is currently tenth on my Top Ten Favorite Giant Monsters of All Time list, beating out Manda (from Atragon/Destroy All Monsters/Godzilla: Final Wars). The eps kind of reap the benefit of having it in them. ;)

23. TheMacUnleashed

TheMacUnleashed Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 2, 2009
    I've only seen four of the choices, but "Voyage of Temptation" was by far my favorite.

24. Veloz

Veloz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 30, 2004
    Duchess of Mandalore gets my vote. I loved the Zillo Beast episodes too though, so those arent too far behind :D

25. Boom_Pow

Boom_Pow Jedi Youngling

Jul 2, 2009
    Cat and Mouse for me simply because I just can't get enough of the space action in Star Wars and this episode was pretty much the only one with it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.