main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Your first

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by ForceSynaesthesia, Mar 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MarcusP2

MarcusP2 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 10, 2004
    Paperback of Heir to the Empire.

2. DarthLucanas

DarthLucanas Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 22, 2003
    My first Star Wars items were a Death Star Playset and a Stormtrooper action figure when I was 6 back about 28 years ago or so. :oops:

Then I got some money for Christmas and went and got Darth Vader, C-3PO, and a Han Solo with the large head. :)

3. Dal--Intrepid

Dal--Intrepid Jedi Master star 5

Mar 13, 2002
    Vintage R2 and C3PO after seeing the movie in '77. My mom took me and my sister to a Rose's and said we could each pick one figure. I was torn between the droids and after much negotiating (or at that age, probably whining), I was able to get both. My sister of course picked Princess Leia which I took de facto possession of very quickly. They're beat all to pieces, but playable, and my kids enjoy them now.

4. Darth-Blix

Darth-Blix Jedi Youngling star 1

May 26, 2005
    I was a very young kid...around 7 or 8. (I'm 15 now and I already gave my parents a warning, that if they sell my starwars stuff or give it away I will go on a Murderous Rampage)
    my dad got me a luke skywalker in Jedi outfit from POTF and Darth Vader from POTF and I still have them both.
    I lost their lightsabers but I still have them. *nods*

5. Darth_Cephus

Darth_Cephus Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 6, 2002
    I think mine was the first Star Wars movie novelization and it's somewhere in my basement.

6. pretender

pretender Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 8, 2001
    The first action figure I ever got, my parents bought while I was still in utero (or shortlly after I was born) It was the mail in Boba Fett. My brother and my sister wanted one as they were huge Star Wars fans and since it was an exclusive my parents wondered if they shouldn't just get three incase their next child was as into Star Wars as the first two.

Now it depends on when the mail-in came out as to when I got it. I was born in May of 79 and i'm not sure when the mail-in was.

And interestingly enough, Fett is my favorite character and I still have a vintage Fett (although I can't be certain it's mine from way-back and not my siblings'- I claim it now).

My parents ended up having a fourth child- whom they didn't get a Fett for and she ended up not being into Star Wars. I guess their's some sort of lesson. :p

7. DarthCynthia72

DarthCynthia72 Jedi Youngling star 2

May 2, 2005
    [face_thinking] Oh my gosh, that was so long ago. I don't remember my first SW toy. I had the 12" figures from '77. Luke, Han, Vader, Kenobi, Leia, C-3PO, R2-D2, I still have Luke, Han, & Vader. I don't know what happened to the others.

8. loki41872

loki41872 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 13, 2002
    My first SW items were the Vintage Stormtrooper, Luke, Vader, Ben and R2. Those were the first figures I saw in stores in '79, it was several months before I saw any of the others. I still have the Stormtrooper and R2.

9. Beautiful_Skywalker

Beautiful_Skywalker Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 11, 2004
    I don't remember the first SW toy I ever got although it could be the Dagobah playset from ESB. My first SW item since I started collecting is the 9" Applause Padme in velvet battle gown from TPM.

10. The_Mask

The_Mask Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 2, 2005
    Right here!
    http://www.rebelscum.com/photo.asp?image=/toys/potflukedagoshortshort.jpg

11. Obi-Dawn Kenobi

Obi-Dawn Kenobi Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 27, 2000
    Vintage Luke and Leia figures from 1977. I used to make them kiss each other romantically. :oops:

12. JediRacer

JediRacer Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 5, 2000
    I think the first thing I got was the first R2-D2 figure. I was only 7 years old in 1977, or did those figures come out in 1978? Anyway, if that's not the first Star Wars item, it has to be the Program booklet for Star Wars. My Mom bought it for me, and I used to look at that thing over and over. It's all worn out, but I still have it. I used to carry the R2-D2 figure around with me everywhere. The sticker that goes around the body is all worn out as well as the blue paint on the head. It's my good luck charm.

13. JediStarKiller2

JediStarKiller2 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 5, 2006
    I just remember picking up some of the older action figures from 77 at a garage sale and those were my first.
    I had luke, obi-wan, greedo, darth, the works...about 15 all together.

But you have to remember I was born in 85'...so I had no choice on second hand merch at the time. I think I got them when I was about 3.

Some were broke and what not but they still worked fine for my imagination.

14. jedikitty19

jedikitty19 Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 23, 2006
    well the movies! my first action figure was Shaak Ti. my first shirt was an Anakin one

15. MidnightRain

MidnightRain Jedi Master star 4

Jul 16, 2003
    The first piece of Star Wars merchandise I had was a small robotic R2-D2 that my Uncle Jon bought for me when I was a toddler. (I still have it, somewhere...) The first thing I ever bought for myself was an Episode II Obi-Wan Kenobi action figure.

16. R4P17DC

R4P17DC Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 9, 2005
    A Star Wars Epic Force Darth Vader.

17. darthviper107

darthviper107 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 26, 2003
    The first Star Wars thing I got was the Episode I Lego Set 7101 Lightsaber Duel, got it at Wal-Mart one day, in fact, I've got a second one of those MIB sitting next to my monitor right now.

My collection has grown considerably since then (not just Lego either).

18. Leo73

Leo73 Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 25, 2003
    I first thing that I got was the Death Star Playset. My parents even got me the x-wing and tie fighter plus the figures that were out. Boy, was that a long time ago. I wish I still had the playset though. Would be a great collectible now.

19. wise-bi-wan

wise-bi-wan Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 8, 2006
    Anybody remember "underoos"? Yeah baby! I believe I had C3PO and Vader! Oh, and of course every single fig they had on the 12 card back. DOB 1973.

My daughter now plays with my vintage Falcon. It's so wonderful to watch her play. "It brings warm feelings to my heart."[face_love]

20. Abhors Elder

Abhors Elder Guest

Bend'ems Obi-Wan and Leia :)

21. GrandAdmiralSchmiggy

GrandAdmiralSchmiggy Jedi Master star 2

Oct 26, 2002
    The first star wars item I ever remember owning was when I was like 4 after I had my tonsils taken out, my uncle brought me a X-wing luke, from the first vintage series.

After that I was hooked. =]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.