main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Your Top 5 Songs of 2004

Discussion in 'Archive: The Amphitheatre' started by Captain_Typho, Mar 28, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Captain_Typho

Captain_Typho Jedi Master star 5

Jul 30, 2003
    Ok, so 3 months have passed since 2004 ended and you've had a little time to dwell on what songs were the best songs out that year. So lets hear what everyone's top 5 songs of 2004 are.

For me:

#1 Live Like You Were Dying: Tim Mcgraw

One of the most beautiful songs ever written. You don't have to be a big time country fan to appreciate this song, the lyrics, and McGraw's delivery.

#2 World Inside my Head: Sister Hazel

This new release off of their Lift album didn't get any attention at all in 2004 due to bad management decisions by the record label. However, it is my #2 song of the year because I can relate to the song so well and because Sister Hazel performs it so well.

#3 Old Habits Die Hard: Mick Jagger

From the Alfie soundtrack (terrible movie) this song is a great song to just listen to. It's hard to describe it, but it's addictive and has the largest play count in my itunes music library. Mick proves in this song that he can still rock.

#4 **** it: Eamon

This one hit wonder song has to be my 4th favorite song of 2004. This song is so original in that it starts out as being a slow R&B song about a breakup that by the chorus turns into a scathing song of harsh words directed at his former girlfriend. For me, the song was laughably entertaining and fun to listen to.

#5 Lets Get it Started: Black Eyed Peas

Much better recording of the song than the "Lets get retarded" version that appears on their album. This song has a lot of jive and is great to listen/dance to. It makes my list in the #5 slot.

Other notable tracks that were great in 2004 that did not make my top 5 list:

Jesus Walks: Kanye West
    Oceano: Josh Groban
    Heaven: Los Lonely Boys
    Boulevard of Broken Dreams: Green Day
    I don't wanna be: Gavin Degraw

* out cursing entirely.

2. Drew_Atreides

Drew_Atreides Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 30, 2002
    ..I went on strike for 2004. The first time ever that i did NOT buy a cd....well, that's not true.. I bought the soundtrack to KILL BILL Vol. 2.

When GREEN DAY is being considered one of the better songs of 2004, then you know we're in trouble..

Thank GOD we've got some new NIN and Garbage on the way in 2005...

3. Darth_Banal

Darth_Banal Jedi Knight star 6

Jul 22, 2002
    I pay absolutely no attention to singles, but here's my list, cobbled from my favorite CDs of the year:

1. Sufjan Stevens, "Sister" from Seven Swans.

It's a beautiful, soaring melody. It just slowly unwinds. I can't believe Volkswagen hasn't snapped it up for a commercial.

2. Aqualung "Brighter Than Sunshine" from Still Life.

A terrificly crafted, sweet alterna-pop love song.

3. Medeski, Martin & Wood "End of The World Party" from End of The World Party (Just In Case).

A serious groove concocted only the way MMW can.

4. U2 "Vertigo" from How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb.

An all-out, party-size rock jam.

5. UNKLE "Panic Attack" from Never Never Land.

Out-chemicals the Chemical Brothers.

4. Captain_Typho

Captain_Typho Jedi Master star 5

Jul 30, 2003
    "Thank GOD we've got some new NIN and Garbage on the way in 2005..."

I will agree with you. 2004 was not a hot year for heavy metal or goth rock. I never liked Garbage in the first place (their name implies the quality of their music) :p but I am extremely looking forward to the new NIN. :)

5. Child_of_the_Sith

Child_of_the_Sith Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 27, 2005
    1. Into the West by Annie Lennox: Featured on the ROTK soundtrack, this song is so cool! Amazing lyrics with Lennox's gorgeous voics, put this song on my top 5 list.
    2. May it Be by Enya: So what if it is an older song? It roxers!
    3. Beheaded by Demon Hunter: I love metal!!! Case closed :D
    4. Any Linkin Park song :D
    5. Hm, waht to put for last song? OH! I have one! This is actually my #1 song: Houses of Healing sung by Liv Tyler. It is one of those indescribable (sp)songs. You have to hear it someday...
    There are so many more that I don't have room to list :(

6. Shadow_of_Durron

Shadow_of_Durron Jedi Knight star 6

May 2, 2003
    I'm having a really difficult time coming up with any songs that stood out for me in 2004. I think that it was by far the worst year for music that I've ever seen... for my tastes, at least.

Like Drew pointed out, this year looks to be much more promising. NIN is at the top of my list, of course. Also, that Garbage album should be pretty good, along with the new Mudvayne. Plus, rumors persist that Tool will have a new CD out before the year ends. :cool: One can only hope.

7. Darth-Seldon

Darth-Seldon Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 17, 2003
    In no particular order, ones that I liked.

Holiday by Green Day
    Lets Get it Started by Black Eyed Peas
    Somebody Told Me by The Killers
    All These Things That I've Done by The Killers
    BLVD. Of Broken Dreams by Green Day (but it is over used.)

-Seldon

8. darthnick11

darthnick11 Guest

^ all of those songs rock. i think i'll just stick with your top 5 list.

9. Armenian_Jedi

Armenian_Jedi Force Ghost star 7

Mar 14, 2003
    Lets Get it Started by Black Eyed Peas

Seldon, if you don't know the real name of the song, then you can't have it in your top 5. :p

10. Arwen-Jade_Kenobi

Arwen-Jade_Kenobi Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 9, 2002
    1) Vertigo - U2
    2) This Fire - Franz Ferdinand
    3) Into the West - Annie Lennox
    4) All the things that I've done - The Killers
    5) American Idiot - Green Day

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.