main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Zabraks: suggestions....

Discussion in 'Costuming and Props' started by Dallas_Valla, Nov 3, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dallas_Valla

Dallas_Valla Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 8, 2003
    Hello there.

I am going to be doing a Zabrak for a costume. In case you're not sure which species that is, think Eeth Koth or Darth Maul. For those of you who have played Jedi Academy, it's one of the races you can choose from the females.

I am having a difficult time trying to figure out one might do the horns. Suggestions anyone?

2. Karma

Karma Jedi Master star 3

Aug 16, 2000
    I guess my first question would be is if you are going bald or bald cap?

3. Jaareth

Jaareth Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 23, 2004
    in answer to your question..yes darth maul and eeth koth are both zabraks.

i play star wars galaxies..and with the zabraks in there..the horns grow all different shapes and formations...but not all zabraks are bald.

some have a full head of hair with horns pointing thru it...while others have the half head look of eeth koth.

The differences were the distinctions between families and so on, so if you wanted, you could just buy some horns...ring the hair line with a few...put a couple in your hair and not have to shave your head...or go with a cap thing.

4. Dallas_Valla

Jul 8, 2003
    Hey thanks.

Now comes the next question: What kind of horns? And how would I put them on and keep them there?

5. DARTHLARS

DARTHLARS Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 12, 2002
    I have dressed up as Zabrak once.
    I have a high hairline like Eeth Koth/Agen Kolar so I put my horns in a pattern on my forehead and wore a wig that was pulled a bit back on my head.
    I made the horns individually from slush latex and glued them on individually using Mastix.

First I sculpted a horn in an oil-based clay. Then I put it inside a bucket and poured plaster on it. When it had cured, I washed it with dishwashing fluid to get rid of remaining oil. After it had dried I poured slush latex mixed with a little bit of acrylic paint into it. I made more than one horn from the same mold.

I remembed reading the actual Eeth Koth/Agen Kolar horns were made in a single piece of foam latex. The same horns (molds) were used for both characters.

6. Magellan_the_Cat

Magellan_the_Cat Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 21, 2003
    Yep. Either sculp your own, or buy a bunch now while they're on sale from a halloween store.
    Also get some Spirit gum--the short-term make-up artitst's adhesive. Will eventually wash off/sweat off, but usually works for a day.

Practice, practice, Practice!

7. Ellbobin

Ellbobin Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 30, 2004
    if you wanna go bald heres the 'cheaper option'
    1: get 2 bald caps (or a blad cap and a swimming hat)
    2: put some holes in the bald cap
    3: cut up some egg boxs and get the 'inside spokes'
    4: paint the spokes
    5: poke them through the hole
    6: gule the other hat in for comfort.

You should ask the guys that did contract of evil (TF.N fan films) everyone in the film is a Zabrak.

8. jabba974

jabba974 Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 17, 2004
    I think you should use self-tapping screws to mount the horns :)

9. Dallas_Valla

Jul 8, 2003
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.