main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Gaming Zelda Fans Come Hither...

Discussion in 'Community' started by alpha_red, May 11, 2004.

1. Valyn

Valyn Jedi Master star 8

Mar 2, 2002
    Just finished the forest temple and the first boss. It was kind of fun, but the fight would have been so much better if the wii's motion controls were sharper.

It's a bit disappointing that a game like this should have been around earlier for the wii. That mightve given developers time to make a truly polished wii sword fighting game by now.

2. Corellian_Outrider

Corellian_Outrider Former FanForce Admin star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 9, 2002
    I don't know how accurate this news is but it sure has me excited to see what Nintendo is cooking up with the new Zelda for the Wii U.
    Here are the highlights:
    -Wii U Zelda coming out 2014
    -The largest team Nintendo has ever assembled
    -Nintendo has been working on it since late 2010
    -It will make the most of the features in the Wii U's gamepad
    -There will be online functions, most likely Miiverse, though still in the planning phase

3. Rew

Rew Chosen One star 5

Dec 22, 2008
    I'm pretty sure Nintendo debunked that rumor yesterday. I'll have to find the link...

4. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    Well, if it's debunked, we at least know Nintendo is working on a new Zelda title and it should be something worth looking forward to :p
    We probably won't find out official information till next year.

5. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    Rew likes this.
  6. Zeta1127

Zeta1127 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 2, 2012
    I still want to play more LoZ games, and I am still seriously considering getting 3DS for LoZ: OoT 3D and Super Mario 3D Land.

7. Nobody145

Nobody145 Force Ghost star 5

Feb 9, 2007
    Don't forget that there are at least several Zelda games on the 3DS' virtual console. I don't remember how many off-hand, but at least one (Zelda II?).

That sounds like a rumor to me. It'd be nice if a Wii U Zelda was out by 2014, but at the rate Nintendo is going, I'm not expecting quite that "soon". Twilight Princess took years (although Wind Waker had been on Gamecube at least, so that was two Zelda games on that console), and then Skyward Sword, which actually really took advantage of the Wii's controls, didn't come out until just about the end of the Wii's lifetime. I'm hoping a high definition Zelda game won't take that long, but... I'm not being too hopeful yet.

And still really happy about the Hyrule Historia being translated.

8. Zeta1127

Sep 2, 2012
    I am a little out of touch with Nintendo, my family hasn't owned a Nintendo console since the SNES, and the lack of a conventional controller for the Wii bugs the heck out of me. We've had LoZ and Zelda II for a long time, and I took it upon myself to get ALttP during the temp forums.

9. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    The Wii doesn't have a lack of a conventional controller- it's been able to use GCN Controllers, Wavebirds and even the Classic Controller since day one. However, many games have had alack of support of conventional controllers, but many major games, like Smash Bros, did,

10. Zeta1127

Sep 2, 2012
    I don't like that flat thing built for it, because the cable comes out of the bottom, not the top, even if the controller is rather similar to the NES and SNES controllers. Maybe I am just not used to it, seeing as I am now quite used to PlayStation and Xbox controllers.

11. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    Flat thing? You were referring to the old model of the Classic Controller? There is the Classic Controller Pro that was launched when Monster Hunter Tri came out... that feels great to use (though I am very fond of the GCN Wave Bird controller)... Nintendo had Capcom provide feedback regarding the design for it which is another reason why it was bundled with the game.

EDIT: The flat thing with the cable that comes out of the bottom of it? I'm not sure now but are you referring to the Wii U GamePad? If so then that is for the brand new console launching towards the end of the year and it is wireless with touch screen functions, etc. That console too will have a classic controller too for those that want to play in the more 'traditional' sense.

12. Zeta1127

Sep 2, 2012
    I believe its the old model of the Classic Controller.

13. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    The difference we're talking about was the addition of the hand grips to make it look like a 2-pronged SNES/N64 hybrid?

14. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    The cord on the CCP (Classic Controller Pro) comes from the top and is longer, the hand grips feel a cross between the N64/GCN... the shoulder buttons ("L" "ZL" and "R","ZR") have more room to be one under the other and is easier to access.

15. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Does the longer cord really affect anything, considering it only has to plug into the wiimote in your lap?

16. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    I haven't tried the original controller but I assume it does give a bit more room... especially when laying down. There are times in Monster Hunter Tri when you can pick up the Wii-mote to pointer aim over an animal to see their name. You can then drag that to gather information of the beasts and other things into your hunter's journal but that stuff is optional.

17. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    GT is launching a new series called Timeline, which they've put a brief teaser video up for. The first installment will be on Zelda. Should be interesting. I didn't fully agree with their timeline episode for the LOZ Retrospective, but I'm curious to see if they'll go with the new "official" one or try to render a new one incorporating some of that concept.

Although, actually, I'm rather curious how they'll pull off the Metroid one down the road, as it'll be hard to top their Metroid Retrospective (other than by including some of the newer content in the series). I still want that on DVD, heh.

18. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
  19. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    I'm trying to secure tickets for it and it's selling out fast.

20. Jedi_Dajuan

Jedi_Dajuan Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 30, 2002
    Wish I could go to the symphony. They aren't close enough to me yet.

21. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    Tickets have been secured! I cannot wait to go!

Jedi_Dajuan likes this.
  22. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    The Twilight Symphony launches this month, brought to you by the ZREO team. A preview of the full album has been uploaded to YouTube.

I can't wait to hear the complete album, they really have done a great job.

23. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    Very tempting. $50 is a lot though, need to think about that.

24. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    I wonder if the $50 is just for the physical copy and the iTunes while you can get the digital copy for free like their previous albums from their site. If not, I don't mind getting it through iTunes if it does be available in Australia. I guess we will have to wait to find out...

I am loving the new album artwork though.

25. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    I want the physical discs for the artwork and because I always manage to delete songs off my computer. Physical copies are harder to delete :p