main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Planet Hoppers

Discussion in 'Literature' started by JoinTheSchwarz , Jun 3, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthNoctambulus

DarthNoctambulus Jedi Master star 4

Feb 24, 2003
    Excellent news, Corey! :D

2. Kwenn

Kwenn Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 30, 2001
    Not entirely on topic, but is the Wizards site still continuing with the Expanded Universe Features? And if so, will each entry also appear in the OS Databank (as earlier entries did)?

3. Cory_Herndon

Cory_Herndon - SWRPG Editor - Planet Hoppers Writer VIP

Mar 28, 2004
    "Not entirely on topic, but is the Wizards site still continuing with the Expanded Universe Features? And if so, will each entry also appear in the OS Databank (as earlier entries did)?"

I can't speak for anyone but myself, but I have not been contracted to write any further EU features (you mean characters, vehicles, etc., right? Like the HK-47 stat block?).

Again, speaking only for independent contractor Cory, I *am* writing some character profile pieces related to the TCG (no RPG stats, but hopefully they're fun to read), and I'm contracted for one more Planet Hopper after Bespin, topic still top-secret. : )

Beyond that, I can't say, though it is my fervent hope PH will continue next year.

CJH

4. Tam_Elgrin

Tam_Elgrin Jedi Master star 4

May 1, 2004
    Might be nice to Hop about some Episode III worlds closer to the release date. And if you ever do Commenor, I'm going to stand up and applaud you.

5. DarthNoctambulus

Feb 24, 2003
  6. Leto II

Leto II Jedi Padawan star 6

Jan 23, 2000
    Had it been delineated beforehand precisely how many Ugnaughts were present when Ecclessis Figg originally founded the colony? I'm racking my memory, and I ain't coming up with anything in particular, from Galaxy Guide 2 or otherwise.

7. Senator_Cilghal

Senator_Cilghal Jedi Master star 5

Jul 19, 2003
  8. DarthNoctambulus

Feb 24, 2003
    Bespin (2)

Includes maps of the Ugnaught Surface and the city of Ugnorgrad, and some more Ugnaught hilarity.

9. DarthNoctambulus

Feb 24, 2003
    Parts three and four are up. Part four includes Captain Treece's stats, and the text is just too damn funny.

10. Senator_Cilghal

Jul 19, 2003
    Pordimer?!?!?!?!

Loving it, loving it.

"Don't you wish it go on forever?" [Oklahoma quote]

11. Cory_Herndon

Mar 28, 2004
    I can't tell you how happy I am that this week's installment made it through approvals with all of the dialog intact.

Next week is the Bespin finale (co-written, sort of, by David Michelinie). After that, expect a short break and then the final Hopper of 2004, Kashyyyk.

Thanks for reading PH, y'all!

CJH

12. AdmiralNick22

AdmiralNick22 Retired Fleet Admiral star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2003
    Yeah! Kashyyyk. :D

Any hints on when the story will be set. ;)

--Adm. Nick

13. Tam_Elgrin

Tam_Elgrin Jedi Master star 4

May 1, 2004
    >>"Thanks for reading PH, y'all!"<<

And thanks for writing them. They're on a par with the HNN we got around Episode II's release date, if not better.

14. Leto II

Jan 23, 2000
    David Michelinie? No horse****?

Nice.

Was recently rereading his Marvel SW stuff, and his "Coffin in the Clouds" and Arbra arcs have long been a perennial favorite since around 1981-82, or whenever the hell it was I first bought them off the newsstand. Good to see that much of the Bespin planetary stuff that got established way back then is getting carried over, with his help, no less.

15. Cory_Herndon

Mar 28, 2004
    Whoa, back up, reverse.

I wrote "sort of" because the piece will use dialog taken directly from one of the SW comics he wrote, and I credit him in the sidebar about the original story. Sorry, I got too teaser-y there. I honestly didn't mean to give the impression that he's writing Planet Hoppers now (I mean, if I was, you sure wouldn't need *me* mucking around with it, you know?:)) I've never had the honor of meeting or communicating with Michelinie, I've just been reading and re-reading his Marvel stuff for 20-odd years and jumped, as usual, at an opening to use some of it.

The Kashyyyk hopper (a 4-parter) covers a roughly four-century period from Old to New Republic. There's bound to be a Life Day in there somewhere, too. It saves on the PH costume budget if we can put all the Wookiees in robes for at least one segment.

I *loved* the HNN stuff, it's definitely an influence (i.e., a style I rip off whenever I can get away with it.)

CJH

16. Leto II

Jan 23, 2000
    Ah, damn. Still, great that there's another old-skool Marvel aficionado doing this stuff, influenced from the Elder Times.

(Gimme me that Old Time Religion...)

17. Senator_Cilghal

Jul 19, 2003
    I hope Fivvle doesn't drop dead!

18. Senator_Cilghal

Jul 19, 2003
    the next one is on Dagobah, not Kashyyyk.

?????

19. Cory_Herndon

Mar 28, 2004
    Nope, it's Kashyyyk. I opened my mouth too soon when I said Dagobah. : )

I gotta watch that.

CJH

20. Senator_Cilghal

Jul 19, 2003
    Still, I look forward to the Dagobah entry. Hopefully stats for the scrange and some other neat critters.

21. Eyrezer

Eyrezer Jedi Master star 3

Aug 4, 2002
    Cory, any word or progress on that next PH? There seems to have been a real shift to the Minis, rather than the RPG...

22. TalonCard

TalonCard •Author: Slave Pits of Lorrd •TFN EU Staff star 5 VIP

Jan 31, 2001
    Kashyyyk *and* Dagobah? Sweet! Any chance you'll explain away the Dark Side cave inconsistencies?

TC

23. Matthew Trias

Matthew Trias Force Ghost star 6

Sep 8, 1999
    There are dark side cave inconsistencies?

24. TalonCard

TalonCard •Author: Slave Pits of Lorrd •TFN EU Staff star 5 VIP

Jan 31, 2001
    It was drained of Dark Side energy in Jedi Academy, yet it still has a dark presense granting visions in The Final Prophesy.

TC

25. Rogue_Follower

Rogue_Follower Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 12, 2003
    ITS BACK! :D

Planet Hoppers on Byss and the Deep Core.

Edit: It looks like Planet Hoppers is now in the style of Coruscant and the Core Worlds and Geonosis and the Outer Rim worlds. Maybe we'll get a "Csilla and the Unknown Regions" some time...

:cool:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.