main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Republic #83: The Hidden Enemy, part 3 (of 3)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Ph0enix, Aug 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ph0enix

Ph0enix Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 22, 2002
    [image=http://images.darkhorse.com/covers/10/10455.jpg]

From Dark Horse-

Star Wars: Republic #83
    The Hidden Enemy part 3 (of 3)

Palpatine's Order 66 has changed everything. As Jedi are slaughtered across the galaxy, one has managed to cheat fate-but for how long? Badly wounded by the same troops he just led to victory, Master Quinlan Vos retreats into the jungle wilderness of the Wookiee homeworld Kashyyyk. As the clones close in, Vos must choose-stay and fight, or run and put those he loves in danger of the newborn Empire's wrath?

Writer: John Ostrander
    Cover Artist: Jan Duursema
    Penciller: Jan Duursema
    Inker: Dan Parsons
    Colorist: Brad Anderson

Pub. Date: Nov 30, 2005
    Format: Full color, 32 pages
    Price: $2.99

-----------

Methinks this is more than "Badly wounded" ;)

[image=http://img132.imageshack.us/img132/34/poorquin5tx.gif]

2. ThrawnRocks

ThrawnRocks Jedi Master star 6

Apr 10, 2004
    YES!

THERE IS A GOD!!!!!!!!

[face_dancing] [face_dancing] [face_dancing] [face_dancing] [face_dancing] [face_dancing] [face_dancing] [face_dancing] [face_dancing] [face_dancing] [face_dancing] [face_dancing] [face_dancing] [face_dancing] [face_dancing] [face_dancing] [face_dancing] [face_dancing] [face_dancing] [face_dancing] [face_dancing] [face_dancing] [face_dancing] [face_dancing] [face_dancing] [face_dancing] [face_dancing] [face_dancing] [face_dancing] [face_dancing] [face_dancing] [face_dancing] [face_dancing] [face_dancing] [face_dancing] [face_dancing] [face_dancing] [face_dancing] [face_dancing] [face_dancing] [face_dancing] [face_dancing] [face_dancing] [face_dancing] [face_dancing] [face_dancing] [face_dancing] [face_dancing] [face_dancing] [face_dancing] [face_dancing] [face_dancing] [face_dancing] [face_dancing] [face_dancing] [face_dancing] [face_dancing] [face_dancing] [face_dancing] [face_dancing] [face_dancing] [face_dancing] [face_dancing] [face_dancing] [face_dancing] [face_dancing] [face_dancing] [face_dancing] [face_dancing] [face_dancing] [face_dancing] [face_dancing] [face_dancing] [face_dancing] [face_dancing] [face_dancing] [face_dancing] [face_dancing] [face_dancing] [face_dancing] [face_dancing] [face_dancing] [face_dancing] [face_dancing] [face_dancing] [face_dancing] [face_dancing] [face_dancing] [face_dancing] [face_dancing] [face_dancing] [face_dancing] [face_dancing] [face_dancing] [face_dancing] [face_dancing] [face_dancing] [face_dancing] [face_dancing] [face_dancing] [face_dancing] [face_dancing] [face_dancing] [face_dancing] [face_dancing] [face_dancing] [face_dancing] [face_dancing] [face_dancing] [face_dancing] [face_dancing] [face_dancing] [face_dancing] [face_dancing] [face_dancing] [face_dancing] [face_dancing] [face_dancing] [face_dancing] [face_dancing] [face_dancing] [face_dancing] [face_dancing] [face_dancing] [face_dancing] [face_dancing] [face_dancing] [face_dancing]

This has got to be some of the best Star Wars news I've ever heard! I knew they couldn't just let his story be cut short like that, especialy when Aayla's also was. This news is on par with LOTF and the Darth Bane book, as well as the KOTOR comics.

If Quin survives this, they have to have a followup series in the Purge.

3. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Quin's riding the blastwave it seems- you'll notice the fire/shrapnel is going around him, not through him as it might seem upon first glance.

4. TIEPilot051999

TIEPilot051999 Jedi Master star 7

Mar 27, 2002
    Hmmm...Methinks a Tales story is about to become canon...

5. Kudzu

Kudzu Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 18, 2005
    Methinks you are right...

Glad Quin isn't going out like a punk anymore. Him dying because of the Juggernaut exploding was...definitely...going out like a punk.

And Quinlan Vos, whatever he might be, is certainly not a punk.

6. Tam_Elgrin

Tam_Elgrin Jedi Master star 4

May 1, 2004
    >>"Glad Quin isn't going out like a punk anymore. Him dying because of the Juggernaut exploding was...definitely...going out like a punk."<<

That's Quin's Doppelganger atop that turbo tank. [:D]

>>"Hmmm...Methinks a Tales story is about to become canon..."<<

It's only canon if it's explicitly referenced somewhere, and then only the details.

7. QuentinGeorge

QuentinGeorge Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 12, 2003
    Brace yourself for... "OMIGODS!!! TEH PLO KNOON/AALYA SECURAA/MACE WINDOO LIVEZ!!!!!"

8. dizfactor

dizfactor Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 12, 2002
    oh, and everyone called me delusional for thinking he could have survived.

go Quinlan! go Quinlan! it's your birthday!

i mean, come on, people. if there's any character who's ideal for a Jedi Purge storyline, it's Quin. going underground is his specialty, and if he decides to hide, he's going to be darn hard to find.

9. Durnar

Durnar Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 10, 2004
    Well, Id say if any character is set for surviving the Purge it would be A'Sharad, but Im glad Quin isnt just punked.

10. Mustafar_66

Mustafar_66 Force Ghost star 6

May 20, 2005
    I agree with this statement. I can't wait to see the front cover.

11. Super_Battle_Droid

Super_Battle_Droid Jedi Master star 5

May 8, 2002
    Leland said he died in the ROTS comic in his starwars.com blog, what gives?

Last minute thing by Dark Horse, and Leland didn't get the memo?

http://blogs.starwars.com/holocron/9

12. Cynical

Cynical Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 5, 2004
    It's because he was canonically dead until someone later decided that he survived after all.

13. Excellence

Excellence Jedi Knight star 7

Jul 28, 2002

My apologies to all, but this isn't news. I suspected no less a couple months back, remember? It's inconceivable his character, built up over several years of material, just ends without an actual story. And he generates popularity and good money to boot.

So we'll get to see Tremmie's cause of disfigurement: Vos's cupid arrow!

14. Durnar

Apr 10, 2004
    Its nice to have a conformation. I think a lot of us were still expecting him to die in that blast but at the end of the Kashyyyk 3 parter.

15. Super_Battle_Droid

Super_Battle_Droid Jedi Master star 5

May 8, 2002
    Jedi Scum, I wanted him dead. :p

16. RevantheJediMaster

RevantheJediMaster Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 12, 2005
    Well if he does survive Quinlan Vos could be in the upcoming Star Wars Live Action TV Series.

17. james_hewlett

james_hewlett Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 19, 2004
    As much as we'd all LOVE to see that, I can't picture it personally, though, he was intented to be seen in ROTS so, who knows. I'm not even convinced he'll live. He might make a heroic last stand to save Kahleen and kid. Or maybe he intends to make a heroic last stand but Villie does it for him :D

18. Kwenn

Kwenn Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 30, 2001
    Actually, I hope he doesn't appear in that, because knowing Lucas, it'll no doubt conflict with whatever Dark Times material Quin appears in. And you know Lucas would like nothing more than to blow Quin up in the TV series, as revenge for his narrow escape in RotS....

And although I suspected Dark Horse couldn't keep Quin down, it's great to get confirmation of his survival. The Dark Times are looking better and better.... :D

19. Nightprowler

Nightprowler Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 24, 2005
    I hope Vos dies, he's been used enough. He should go out in a blaze of glory though, fighting a bunch of AT-RT's or something like that, or saving Yoda, Chewbacca, and Tarrful from the clones and killing himself in the process, thus redeeming himself to Yoda.

20. RevantheJediMaster

Jun 12, 2005
    Well if Quinlan Vos survives I would rather see him in the upcoming Star Wars Live Action TV Series than in more comics.

21. Durnar

Apr 10, 2004
    Quin belongs in the comics. Nothing else short of a novel would do him justice.
    putting him in the TV series is fairly unfeasible, unless they want to spend a lot fo time telling his whole backstory. Or theyll just steamroller it and destroy his character.

22. RevantheJediMaster

Jun 12, 2005
    Maybe you're right then again maybe you're not.

23. skawookiee

skawookiee Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 12, 2000
    Sweet crap! That's amazing! I certanily hope that they won't kill off Quin now and 'Ghost' will be canon. Quin intends to go underground, anyway, so it's entirely feasible that he would escape the Purge.

24. Lord_NoONE

Lord_NoONE Jedi Master star 5

Dec 17, 2001
    It truly is amazing that he survived this considering he was on Boz Pity when Order 66 went down. What is the EU continuity explanation for how this occured?

25. Mavrick889

Mavrick889 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 27, 1999
    Actually, according to the ROTS screenplay, he's on Kashyyyk when Order 66 goes down. Presumably (with evidence based on what Quin says in Republic # 77), Boz Pity is one of many staging areas for Outer Rim Siege campaigns.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.