main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Daily Hyperspace SW Comic Strip Adventures Discussion-"Rookies" & "Evasive Action: End Game"

Discussion in 'Literature' started by The2ndQuest , Jul 16, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pabawan

Pabawan LFL Story Group star 1 VIP

Apr 2, 2002
    ...Inquisitor Ameesa Darys?

... has anyone ever taken a really close look at that name?

ph

2. Rogue_Follower

Rogue_Follower Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 12, 2003
    [face_worried]

Should we have...?

3. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Ameesa...meesa- she's a Gungan!

[image=http://www.rpgplanet.com/starwars/pics/species_gungan_female.jpg]

4. TalonCard

TalonCard •Author: Slave Pits of Lorrd •TFN EU Staff star 5 VIP

Jan 31, 2001
    >Grr. To read it I have to change my resolution settings, because the window doesn't open large enough to see the whole comic. <

How does one do that? I can't read all of Prey either...

TC

5. Tam_Elgrin

Tam_Elgrin Jedi Master star 4

May 1, 2004
    Try hitting F11 with the pop-up open, that might work.

6. arf_maul

arf_maul Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 25, 2002
    From the Start menu, go to "Settings" > "Control Panel"
    Doubl-click the "Display" icon
    Click the "Settings" tag
    Move the "Screen Area" slider to "1024x768", or any larger setting
    Should do the trick.

7. TDHArtist

TDHArtist LFL Webstrip Artis star 4 VIP

Dec 31, 2000
    I never thought bringing a larger format would cause so many issues. ;)

8. Cynical

Cynical Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 5, 2004
    Darth Vader remembering the name of the dead Jedi Knight was a nice touch. Gives the feeling that he has a personal investment in every jedi hunt while it is just another day on the job for the inquizzies...

9. Zebra3

Zebra3 Jedi Master star 5

Aug 28, 2004
    I particularly liked the mention of the Zeltron Jedi. Nice Marvel reference :)

10. TDHArtist

TDHArtist LFL Webstrip Artis star 4 VIP

Dec 31, 2000
    Cynical: Yea, I liked that about this script. I doubt it will end there...

Zebra3
    : Another nice touch Paul put in there, I agree!

I'm curious to get folks thoughts on the larger format.

11. Zebra3

Zebra3 Jedi Master star 5

Aug 28, 2004
    The larger format is fine for me. It does sort of take away from the "newspaper strip" feel that I liked but I always like to be able to see more of the artwork.

12. Pabawan

Apr 2, 2002
  13. Rogue_Follower

Rogue_Follower Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 12, 2003
    You're right, the similarity is uncanny. [face_thinking]

I might have to ask Abel about that, since it was either him or Juan Schwartz that put her into the Emperor's Pawns article. Perhaps he secretly has a crush on her... 8-} :p

(Unless, of course, she comes from an earlier source that I can't think of right now.)

14. Tam_Elgrin

May 1, 2004
    Tom - I'm loving the new larger size. It works really well in the format, everythings a lot clearer and crisper. It looks really great.

15. arf_maul

arf_maul Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 25, 2002
    I LOVE it, the graphics are just stunning now! It's definitely increased the value of the Hyperspace membership in my opinion.

But I'd still like to see webstrips in the old format continue as well. While Prey looks like it's going to be a story of epic proportion, I still want to keep seeing new strips such as Pablo's Rookiees, so we can still have great new "local" stories in the classic style too.

Let's have the best of both worlds :)

16. Pabawan

Apr 2, 2002
    But I'd still like to see webstrips in the old format continue as well. While Prey looks like it's going to be a story of epic proportion, I still want to keep seeing new strips such as Pablo's Rookiees, so we can still have great new "local" stories in the classic style too.

I would never finish on time if I had to produce that much art each week. I'm already falling behind! I'm glad Tom went with this approach. It looks fantastic!

Besides, "Rookies" is about the little guys. :)

ph

17. Mavrick889

Mavrick889 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 27, 1999
    I'm loving Rookies.

18. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    I just discovered EA today--and what a tremendous find.

Byss!
    Vader!
    Tremayne!
    SAGroup!
    And all those future baddies on panel 56...

Not to mention the little things, like Onnely Praji--which refers to the Emperor's attempts to get scions of the Imperial nobility to live carefree lives of pleasure on that siren world while he could feed off of them. What a brilliant little touch!

I'm loving it. It's a bit odd that I was considering how neat a story featuring Byss and the advertisements for it would have been--and then I find one. "Emerald Splendour" is a wonderful name for it.

The obscure continuity references are really doing it for me. I'm loving this glimpse into the early Empire, and I think I'll continue my Hyperspace subscription just for these webstrips. I was thinking that content might have been drying out, but I'm not worried anymore--this stuff is a lot better than silly movie previews.

Why hit yourself in the head at the disturbing direction of post-NJO EU when there's some exquisite intertrilogy stuff to be gobbled up? :D

19. TalonCard

TalonCard •Author: Slave Pits of Lorrd •TFN EU Staff star 5 VIP

Jan 31, 2001
    The only thing that bothers me about the Evasive Action series (now that I've got the window to open up all the way; thanks guys) is the way each new story jumps way ahead of the cliffhanger ending of the last story. ROF ended with the padawans trapped in a bunker on Felucia; EAR picked up with them on Corucscant months later, EAR ended with Drake jumping out of the transport, and Tremayne vowing to find the Jedi before Vader got back, EAP began with Vader returning, apparently quite a while after the first strip ended, since Tremayne is pursuing other Jedi! When are we going to find out what happened between the stories?

Cool new format though. ;) And I love the humor in Rookies.

TC

20. Jedi_Master_DR

Jedi_Master_DR Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 17, 2004
    Sorry if this seems like a stupid question, but is anyone else missing the previous and next buttons on the bottom of the window? I ask only because when I load the new strip, it shows panel 3, but I can't access 1 or 2.

21. Tam_Elgrin

May 1, 2004
    Just tap F11.

22. Jedi_Master_DR

Jedi_Master_DR Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 17, 2004
    Thanks. So far Prey is looking as good as the two strips that preceded it. Not to mention with the promise of Prince Xizor showing up and seeing more of Black Sun, that's just cool.

23. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    I'm hoping to see more obscure Imperials. Ars Dangor, anyone? :D

24. QuinineVos

QuinineVos Jedi Master star 3

Jun 16, 2005

Yeah, and her brother, Moff Daaveedsa Darys.

25. Cynical

Cynical Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 5, 2004
    I couldn't quite make it out from today's EA strip, but did Vader just stab an already dead Jedi? I'm suspecting this is more of Vader's personal beliefs about how Jedi should treated.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.