main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Rebellion #5: My Brother, My Enemy, part 5 (of 5)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Vengance1003, May 7, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vengance1003

Vengance1003 Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 4, 2006
    From Galactic Hunter:
    STAR WARS: REBELLION #5
    ROB WILLIAMS (W), BRANDON BADEAUX (P), and WIL GLASS (C)

On sale August 9, FC, 32pg, $2.99

The reunion of Luke Skywalker and his boyhood friend Janek â??Tankâ?? Sunber comes to its shocking conclusion, as one of these two men is forced to make a decision that will change both of their lives forever! With the entire Rebel fleet under siege by a massive Imperial force, Wedge Antilles and Red Squadron launch a valiant defense, but even they know if the fleet doesnâ??t figure out an escape plan soon, there wonâ??t be anything left to defend. Meanwhile, chaos reigns on the Rebel command ship as a threat from inside continues to have devastating consequences for the Alliance. White-knuckled action in an era when Darth Vader was unstoppable and Luke Skywalker was little more than a brave farm boyâ??donâ??t miss it!

â?¢ A compelling new story set between the events of A New Hope and The Empire Strikes Back exploring the Rebel Allianceâ??s desperate struggle against the Galactic Empire, delivered in high-octane, widescreen style by writer Rob Williams (Cla$war, SW Tales) and artist Brandon Badeaux (Superman: Man of Steel, SW Empire)

[image=http://www.galactichunter.com/absolutenm/articlefiles/5370-006.jpg]
    Looks like Sunber and Luke are going to have to work together with this one. I hope everyone makes it out alive.

2. razzy1319

razzy1319 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 27, 2004
    and the perfect sleeper agent is born. Whether its for the Empire or the Rebellion is the only question now.

3. QuinineVos

QuinineVos Jedi Master star 3

Jun 16, 2005
    Whaaa? According to DH's website, this issue, originally scheduled to come out today, has been postponed all the way until Sept. 27th! Arghh! A very strange release strategy, can't be good for their sales. Casual readers will have forgotten about this story arc by the time the issue arrives on shelves. Hopefully Dark Times # 1 will come out within a few weeks after that at least. Please don't let "Rebellion" die in the gutter, DH. We need more stories in this era, which, oddly, is very sparsely populated with tales (the old Marvel comics focus entirely on the first 6 mos after ANH, leaving 2 1/2 years for the taking). Anyway, that's my $.02.

Edit: reading that again I feel it sounded a little abrupt. It's just that this series is important to me and I like DH's work so much, that I don't want to lose it. It worries me enough already that it will be alternating with Dark Times instead of being a true monthly.

-Quinine

4. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    September 27?! Da-mn.

Right, don't panic. Let's assume the best: It's a hell of a script and Badeaux needs the extra time to draw it properly - his double page of the Imperial Fleet in the last issue was a stunning piece of work.

As for Rebellion - it won't die. It was proposed as a 1 a year 5-issue series. Dark Times is the same. They total 10 issues in a year, plus there's 2 months leeway time for production problems. It also allows DHC to cover 4 eras whilst putting out 3 monthly titles.

Sept: Rebellion's first arc ends
    Oct-Feb: Dark Times' firt arc
    March 2007: Rebellion's second arc
    Autumn 2007: Dark Times' second arc

And so on...

JB

5. Vana

Vana Jedi Master star 4

Apr 25, 2005
    Maybe the authors originaly wante Sunber to die in Rebellion #5, but when they realised Sunber was good for sales, they decided to re-write the scenario of #5 to let Sunber live in the end? I hope...

6. LtNOWIS

LtNOWIS Jedi Master star 4

May 19, 2005
    If Sunber does die, I hope they kept his DNA so he can be cloned. He'd make an excellent trooper.

Edit:So, the cover from this one is... a scene from the beginning of the last one? That's pretty stupid, IMO.

7. AdmiralNick22

AdmiralNick22 Retired Fleet Admiral star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2003
    I wish that we had more Rebellion comics and less crap like Dark Times.

I was hoping for greater development for Tank, Deena, Tungo-Li and other cool characters from the series.

But, at least #5 promises to be a awesome issue.

--Adm. Nick

8. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    [face_shame_on_you] Don't be dissing Dark Times, Nicky boy- Doug's art alone will make it most glorious, not to mention it's essentially a sequel to the Into the Unknown 2-parter and Purge ::)

The alternating release, and reduction to 5 or 6 issue miniseries, allows them to pack more punch into each story, to avoid some of the crap filler that plagued the middle of Empire.

9. AdmiralNick22

AdmiralNick22 Retired Fleet Admiral star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2003
    Nicky boy? Now thats a name I have not heard in a long time. A long time. :p

You do bring up a excellent point though T2Q. It is better to have quality over quanity. :)

--Adm. Nick

10. sidious618

sidious618 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 20, 2003
    Rebellion has only shown quality in the last issue, IMO.

Also, hasn't this ish been delayed?

11. Vana

Vana Jedi Master star 4

Apr 25, 2005
    The next Rebellion arc will talk about smugglers... how Sunber could possibly be in this arc? I really hope they won't kill him just because he is an Imp, it would be stupid.

12. ServantOfWaru

ServantOfWaru Jedi Youngling

Aug 3, 2006
    You can see the actual cover on Brandon's myspace, someone should post a link. It kicks butt.

13. Corran_Fett

Corran_Fett Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 17, 2005
    I can't find it here. Maybe you could post the link?!

14. StateOfLoveAndTrust

StateOfLoveAndTrust Jedi Master star 2

Nov 2, 2001
    If they're delaying this to improve the quality, we may end up getting the best issue ever.

Unless someone screwed up the date, but when has Dark Horse ever been less than perfect?

15. Ive_Got_Two_Legs

Ive_Got_Two_Legs Jedi Youngling star 4

Jul 18, 2005
    Jesus. This might be some type of new record, 2 3/4 months.

16. QuinineVos

QuinineVos Jedi Master star 3

Jun 16, 2005
    I assume he was talking about this pic. http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=viewImage&friendID=62123091&imageID=561878887&MyToken=001c1ee3-d2e7-4cad-8ed1-51293af2cbb9

17. Ive_Got_Two_Legs

Ive_Got_Two_Legs Jedi Youngling star 4

Jul 18, 2005
    Isn't that the cover for the Tales issue with the Wedge story?

18. Corran_Fett

Jan 17, 2005
  19. chiss_man

chiss_man Jedi Master star 6

Jul 1, 2002
    lol. It won't be out until nearly December. [face_laugh]=D=[face_plain]

20. Reaper63

Reaper63 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 17, 2002
    damn man, I need this story lol

21. 000

000 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 18, 2005
    I know. I'm on pins and needles here-- is Leia dead? Is this the end for the rebels? What about Luke?

I need to know!

22. Jeff_Ferguson

Jeff_Ferguson Force Ghost star 5

May 15, 2006
    It's kind of odd that this issue will come out after a couple of Dark Times issues already have. ... Assuming that they don't get pushed back as well. :) I'm a huge fan of the Rebellion series, mostly for its gorgeous, gorgeous artwork, and was kind of upset when I found out that we were going six months without it. But then, Dark Times promises to be championship as well.

23. Vana

Vana Jedi Master star 4

Apr 25, 2005
    They won't die, because the story is situated between "A new hope" and "Empire strikes back" so you KNOW they will be alive at the end.

Too bad. It would have been great to see the end of the Rebellion :D

I hope we don't wait that long just to see Sunber die at the end...

24. Corran_Fett

Jan 17, 2005
    o_O

Are you serious?! [face_tired]

25. BobaMatt

BobaMatt TFN EU Staff star 7 VIP

Aug 19, 2002
    This board is determined to stomp dry humor into oblivion, isn't it, 000?

Careful, though, you're beginning to sound a bit like Ex.
    No way. Sunber is awesome, and what with his new little relationship with Vader, I'm going to have to say that Sunber is going to remain awesome for a while, now.

Anyone know what planet the Rebels are on, now? When exactly does issue #4 take place? At first I was flipping out cuz I thought Sunber was with them on Hoth, then I relaized that didn't make sense, then it was further confirmed that G-canon continuity wasn't getting stomped when the Star Destroyer approaches with a big red planet out the forward viewscreen. So...where are they?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.