main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Legacy #2: Broken, part 2 (of 6)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Vengance1003, Apr 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi Merkurian

Jedi Merkurian Future Films Rumor Naysayer star 7 Staff Member Manager

May 25, 2000
    Lacks ninjas?
    [image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v295/ThrawnRocks/Sith.jpg]
    So certain, are you?

2. DARTH_MARK-22

DARTH_MARK-22 Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 11, 2003
    That's not a ninja!! If that were a ninja, we wouldn't be able to see him ... UNTIL IT WAS TOO LATE!!! That is, of course, unless he were fighting Samurais (which can metaphorically translate into Jedi) ... or Chuck Norris. In either case, I suppose we could see them.

3. JediLaw

JediLaw Jedi Master star 3

Oct 30, 2001
    So, have we found out any more about the "spandex squad" yet? [face_whistling]

4. wild_karrde

wild_karrde Jedi Grand Master star 7

Oct 8, 1999
    From Sue on the TOS boards:

Legacy #1 is set at 130 ABY, and Legacy #2 is set 137 ABY, and yes, this is the main story with the older Cade.

5. Zebra3

Zebra3 Jedi Master star 5

Aug 28, 2004
    kinda makes me wonder how the Galaxy's been faring with the Sith back in the picture again.

6. BobaMatt

BobaMatt TFN EU Staff star 7 VIP

Aug 19, 2002
    I knew the next issue was going to have to advance a few years based on Cade's backstory, but what's really interesting to me is that that means Krayt's been Emperor for more than half a decade.

7. Sauron_18

Sauron_18 Force Ghost star 5

Apr 1, 2005
    Means Krayt doesn't have much time left.

Do we know how old Cade is at this point? He looked around 13 in legacy #1, which would make him 20 here....

8. BobaMatt

Aug 19, 2002
    I'd give him a 13-16 margin of error.

9. Sauron_18

Apr 1, 2005
    When, in Legacy 1? I'd say 10-14 actually, but I think it's 13 (simply because that's how they normally do it), so rhtat he is 20 in Legacy 2.

Anyways, something I noticed. Why was Kol wearing those weird Robin-Clothes or whatever, when everyone else was wearing night clothes?? At least they looked like nightwear, unless Cade normally walks around in spandex.... which I hope is not the case.

10. BobaMatt

Aug 19, 2002
    Well, Cade and the younglings seemed to have been sleeping or caught otherwise indisposed: Cade's barefoot. Wolf was wearing Jedi robes, if you look at what he's wearing on the cover of future issues. Kol doesn't seem to like the Jedi robes look. It's possible the adults were just up later that night because they're adults, or because they were able to sense the impending attack.

edit: Speaking of Kol, I'm surprised no one's talked about his Ganner impression.

11. Jan_Duursema

Jan_Duursema Comic Artist: -AOTC -Legacy -Republic star 4 VIP

May 15, 2001
    Right on with the thoughts of why the characters were wearing what they were in issue 1. The attack takes place at night--so all of the kids were asleep and in whatever they wear to bed. Possibly, Kol was just back from a mission that did not warrant Jedi robes (where was he? Maybe we'll tell you sometime...) --so he was not in Jedi robes. Wolf was at the Academy, end of a long day and at the time of the attack was probably meeting late into the night with Kol and other Jedi, so Wolf is wearing his Jedi robes.

We figured Cade and Shado to be about 14 here.

12. Sauron_18

Apr 1, 2005
    Aha! Thanks for the Clarification Ms. Duursema :)

Great Art btw! :D

13. Thrawn McEwok

Thrawn McEwok Co-Author: Essential Guide to Warfare star 6 VIP

May 9, 2000
    *grins*

I was wondering about Cade - thanks for the explanation, Jan! :cool:

Did you know that Ben Skywalker improvises something similar as a disguise in Betrayal, apparently establishing it as typical muckaround clothes for 13/14-year-olds in the GFFA...

- The Imperial Ewok

14. BobaMatt

Aug 19, 2002
    Or at least typical Jedi robe underclothes.

15. Thrawn McEwok

Thrawn McEwok Co-Author: Essential Guide to Warfare star 6 VIP

May 9, 2000
    That too... :p

Nevertheless, the fact that Ben could pass himself off as an ordinary kid dressed like that meant that Cade looked less odd to me (except that I was wondering about him being descended from Tahiri in some way, with the barefoot karate stuff)...

:p

And as to Kol's impression, was that Ganner, or Gandolf? o_O [face_thinking] [face_mischief]

- The Imperial Ewok

16. BobaMatt

Aug 19, 2002
    How often do you think CorSec guards get a look at Jedi lingerie? o_O Could be right, though. Only thing is it doesn't really look like anything we've ever seen kids wearing. It kind of seems like underclothing to me. We know Luke wears briefs, after all...
    Kol was imitating Ganner. Ganner had just finished reading The Fellowship of the Ring. :D

17. Sauron_18

Apr 1, 2005
    Yeah, I remember in Betrayal that he took of his robes and walked around, and I was "Um...won't they notice he isn't dressed exactly normally", so that means either kids in the GFFA usually walk around in their underwear...... which is rather odd.

I had just assumed, when reading betrayal, that he had at least put his shoes back on..

BTW, during the Clone Wars we also see Anakins "underobes", which are different from Cade's in certain ways.... they are quiet odd actually. Anyways, just further info on jedi Underrobes

18. BobaMatt

Aug 19, 2002
    He was also pretending to be lost and vulnerable, and also sneaking out of his house, so...assuming they didn't recognize his underarmor as anything too out of the ordinary...

19. Sand_Hill

Sand_Hill Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 25, 2004
    yeah, that and "the thing that threatens to take him over in the next decade or two" is closer to taking him over.

20. Sauron_18

Apr 1, 2005
    Well, his excuse was that he went to explore the tunnels right?? I don't know why anyone would go exploring wearing their undergarments....

21. BobaMatt

Aug 19, 2002
    Because they're not boxers and a tank top. They're, like, protective underarmor, wet suit looking things.

22. Sauron_18

Apr 1, 2005
    It's Spandex, which is another possible type of underwear. The old Jedi did wear boxer like sleepwear, as we saw with Anakin, but Cade wears spandex as sleepwear.

23. wild_karrde

wild_karrde Jedi Grand Master star 7

Oct 8, 1999
    So, Cade was born around 116 ABY. Lets see what we got then for the Skywalker family line (the number in brackets is the age of their father/mother)...

Shmi Skywalker - 72 BBY
    Anakin Skywalker - 42 BBY (Shmi = 30)
    Luke/Leia Skywalker - 19 BBY (Anakin = 23)
    Ben Skywalker - 27 ABY (Luke = 46)
    *Ben Skywalker Jr. - 57 ABY (Ben = 30)
    *Kol Skywalker - 87 ABY (Ben Jr. = 30)
    Cade Skywalker - 116 ABY (Kol = 29)

This assumes that Ben, Ben Jr, and Kol were all around 30 when their sons were born. If you make them all 7+ years younger you could actually squeeze in another generation, like so:

Ben Skywalker - 27 ABY (Luke = 46)
    *Ben Skywalker Jr. - 49 ABY (Ben = 22)
    *Kol Skywalker Sr. - 72 ABY (Ben Jr. = 23)
    *Kol Skywalker - 94 ABY (Kol Sr. = 22)
    Cade Skywalker - 116 ABY (Kol = 22)

24. RedHanded_Jill

RedHanded_Jill Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 16, 2004
    what concerns me is a bunch of guys discussing the underwear of other boys...

25. Zebra3

Zebra3 Jedi Master star 5

Aug 28, 2004
    [face_laugh] I'm glad I'm not the only one who found that incredibly creepy!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.