main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Legacy #3: Broken, part 3 (of 6)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Vengance1003, May 7, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ThrawnRocks

ThrawnRocks Jedi Master star 6

Apr 10, 2004
    [face_laugh] :_| [face_laugh] :_| [face_laugh]

2. AdmiralNick22

AdmiralNick22 Retired Fleet Admiral star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2003
    I had already structured by lunch break to go pick it up tomorrow. :(

--Adm. Nick

3. Leverandon

Leverandon Jedi Youngling

Aug 3, 2004
    Its a shame that its not coming out tomorrow. Legacy is the first Star Wars comic that I've ever read and I really like it. Too bad that the third issue is delayed...I really want to see Marasiah Fel in action!

4. StateOfLoveAndTrust

StateOfLoveAndTrust Jedi Master star 2

Nov 2, 2001
    I wanted to make some clever remark about seeing Marasiah Fel inaction on account of the delay, but nothing's coming.

5. THE_PIED_PIPER

THE_PIED_PIPER Chapter Rep Knoxville, TN star 4

Jun 8, 2006

6. dgxxx

dgxxx Jedi Youngling star 1

May 10, 2005
    Wow. im starting to feel that its my fault! :p

This is too the first Star Wars comic in reading! i guess we will have the preview by the end of the month,right?

well.. one more time.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

7. LastOneStanding

LastOneStanding Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 19, 2004
    Umm...the Dark Horse site doesn't have Legacy #3 scheduled for release until September 13th. Then again, as was pointed out previously, it has #4 scheduled for release on the 6th. A typographical mistake, probably?

I wonder if John or Jan would be able to weigh in on all this confusion.... :confused:

8. ZombieProblems

ZombieProblems Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 9, 2004
    Wha-buh?! So #4 is scheduled to come out before #3?! This goes against everything I know about the art of comics!!! Sequential art requires chronological release, yes? YES?!

Is this a common occurance with Dark Horse comics? Whazzup with that?!

9. Master_Keralys

Master_Keralys VIP star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 8, 2003
    *sigh* You really don't want to hear the answer to that question. Trust me. I've been amazed that we've gone as long as we have without significant delays of this sort (though recall the delay on the initial release of #0), especially on the still-on-schedule *knocks on wood* KotOR series. That's big news: 7 issues without a delay in a DH ongoing? It definitely happens, but there's been a lot of inconsistency in the last couple years. They do their best, I'm sure, it's just frustrating. I'm curious where the difficulty was this time... colors, or what?

- Keralys

10. ZombieProblems

Jul 9, 2004
    Well, at least the quality of the comics is consistent! I don't really mind the delay that much; and if its in service to maintaining the quality of the book, then I'll gladly wait. But still... I was just really looking forward to a new chapter this week. This is literally the first comic I've been excited about in years. I don't think I've been this excited about a single comic title since the late 80s when Viz started pubishing the AREA 88 manga, and Marvel started publishing AKIRA!

Maybe, hopefully, Mr. Ostrander will show up and give us a heads up as to the progress?

(In terms of the KOTOR comic, I missed the first couple, so I'm waiting for the TPB. It's good, yes?)

11. Lord Vivec

Lord Vivec Chosen One star 9

Apr 17, 2006
    Here it says that Legacy #3 will come out one week after legacy #4.

12. ThrawnRocks

Apr 10, 2004
    Yeah, they've been doing surprisingly well for a while. IIRC there wasn't really any problems since some hiccups in December or January, and there haven't been any big delays I can remember since about this time last year.

Go Dark Horse :p

13. Jan_Duursema

Jan_Duursema Comic Artist: -AOTC -Legacy -Republic star 4 VIP

May 15, 2001
    Hi all--

Many apologies for the delay with issue 3. Sometimes even when you think it's all covered, there's that one last unforseen thing that does not fall neatly into place.

We're exploring some new territory in Star Wars with this one. Personally, I think it will be worth the wait. After 3, we should be back on track with the rest. In the meantime, I keep wondering--when this issue finally hits the stands, will we hear individual screams or will be it more like the sound of a whole planet...

14. dgxxx

dgxxx Jedi Youngling star 1

May 10, 2005
    Thanks Jan!
    [face_thinking]

15. DVader316

DVader316 Jedi Knight star 7

Feb 18, 2000
    Thanks for the update, Jan, but do you know when exactly #3 will be out ? Will be out after #4 as some here have reported ?

Anyway, even though the delay sucks Im glad that I checked this thread first before I wasted a trip to the comic store.

16. ZombieProblems

Jul 9, 2004
    Thanks for the update, Jan. Even though I'm disappointed by the delay, I totally understand how this whole publishing thing can be (especially in the comics world)...

Anyways, I'm eagerly looking forward! Love the book, can't wait to see what unfolds!

17. ThrawnRocks

Apr 10, 2004
    Will they be suddenly silenced?

18. Master_Keralys

Oct 8, 2003
    Yep. Randy will jump out with a lightsaber and a crazed look on his face and mow down anyone who objects to this particular issue of Legacy. :p

Thanks for the info Jan. Looking forward to it, as always. :)

- Keralys

19. Quiet_Mandalorian

Quiet_Mandalorian Jedi Master star 5

Apr 19, 2005
    Thank the Force for Beskar'gam then.[face_whistling] :p

20. Master_Keralys

Oct 8, 2003
    Hey, if Randy goes crazy do you honestly think a beskar is going to stop him? o_O I don't. He'll Force-pull it out of your hands and then make you suffer while he kills you for having resisted. :p

- Keralys

21. Quiet_Mandalorian

Quiet_Mandalorian Jedi Master star 5

Apr 19, 2005
    Hey, if I was dumb enough to carry my armour in my hands instead of wearing it, I'd deserve that.;)

22. Corran_Fett

Corran_Fett Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 17, 2005
    Here goes the difference between beskad and and beskar... [face_whistling]:p

But still, nobody could stand against Dark Lord Randy - he's got everything, you know, including powerful artifacts like the Hat and kut'ike (that's Fett's powerful item :p)... :p

23. Jedi Vince

Jedi Vince Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 2, 1999
    Thanks for taking the time to jump over here and give us the info.
    As always, it should come as no surprise that quality comes first with something involving you and John.

I'm actually kind of glad ... because all the comic stores in my area sell out within an hour of putting Legacy on the shelf, and I don't have time to track one down today.

At least it'll give me a chance to stop procrastinating, and have a place reserve a copy for me.

Keep up the inspiring work!

24. Thrawn McEwok

Thrawn McEwok Co-Author: Essential Guide to Warfare star 6 VIP

May 9, 2000
    Full-frontal male nudity?

Same-sex relationships?

Wookiee nookie?

Explicit information on the future of the Solo/Skywalker/Fel characters from pre-Legacy canon?

Dark Luke Skywalker?

Bringing Anakin Solo back from the dead? :p [face_mischief]

Whatever it is - I think I'm looking forward to finding out what you guys have been up to! :cool:

- The Imperial Ewok

25. Pelranius

Pelranius Jedi Master star 5

Apr 25, 2003
    The Rebels have been sabotaging the printing presses again!

It's that darn Voren "historian" revisionist again!

The Inquistion will make him pay!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.