main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

"Vader's Legacy": by Abel & Joe (SWI #?)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by arf_maul, Feb 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thrawn McEwok

Thrawn McEwok Co-Author: Essential Guide to Warfare star 6 VIP

May 9, 2000
    "Foul and funky?"

*ducks*

*pokes head back above breastwork* :D

- The Imperial Ewok

2. Havac

Havac Former Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 29, 2005
    The Complete History of Star Wars Trench Warefare?

Eberweizer's Exhaustively Complete Encyclopedia of Soil Types Across the Galaxy in 113,462 Volumes?

3. LtNOWIS

LtNOWIS Jedi Master star 4

May 19, 2005
    Star Wars Trench Warfare intrigues me. We see it in some of the Empire comics.

4. BobaMatt

BobaMatt TFN EU Staff star 7 VIP

Aug 19, 2002
    We see it on Hoth.

We see an extremely poor use of it on Kashyyk.

5. Zarm_Rkeeg

Zarm_Rkeeg Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 9, 2003
    But most importantly, we see the textbook example at the end of ANH, in the Yavin system! :D

6. Rogue_Follower

Rogue_Follower Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 12, 2003
    This is going to be in Insider 90, correct? If so, then people should start getting it soon... [face_thinking]

7. Thrawn McEwok

Thrawn McEwok Co-Author: Essential Guide to Warfare star 6 VIP

May 9, 2000
    Acky, the webmaster at NJOE, already has his copy of Insider #90, and he tells me that Vader's Legacy isn't in it... :(

Wasn't there some announcement that it might be pushed back further... [face_thinking]

- The Imperial Ewok

8. Rogue_Follower

Nov 12, 2003
    Ok, this is now officially in Insider #?. ;)

Still looking foreward to this, no matter how many issues its delayed...

9. Kaje

Kaje Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 29, 2005
    Well, I'm pissed.

10. Joe_Corroney

Joe_Corroney Artist: -Empire -HNN -Insider -RPG star 2 VIP

May 29, 2003
    Sorry that we haven't kept everyone better informed about the project. Abel probably has a better idea on the status of Vader's Legacy since it's his article but as far as I know, after speaking to my editors at Insider a few weeks ago, the project is still in the schedule for an upcoming issue of the magazine. The schedule is always changing though so it's possible it could end up being published as early as #92 but don't quote me on that. It might end up being #93 or later. But cross your fingers just the same. Abel and I came up with some really cool artwork scenes for this feature that I'm anxious to illustrate :)

----------
    http://www.joecorroney.com/

http://www.myspace.com/drawingintheempire

11. HedecGa

HedecGa Jedi Master star 4

Apr 19, 2006
    Thanks for the update, Joe! I'm dying to read this and see more great art.

12. Mavrick889

Mavrick889 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 27, 1999
    Well that's disappointing. Anyone know if anything good's going to be in this issue? Short stories, anything...?

13. DarthMane2

DarthMane2 Force Ghost star 5

Sep 20, 2003
    Well that's a major disappointment. What's the hold up with the article?

14. arf_maul

arf_maul Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 25, 2002
    Judging from the article on sw.com and the blog entry... nothing in this issue is really leaping out at me. Hopefully "Aliens of Episode III" has some new info. Is it written by Dan Wallace?

15. Rogue_Follower

Nov 12, 2003
    It sounds like on of Dan's usual articles. At least 90 has an original art cover. That's something to be thankful for...

16. Halagad_Ventor

Halagad_Ventor Star Wars Author - SWRPG Designer star 4 VIP

Jul 3, 2001
    I wish! :p

I spoke to my editor earlier today, and yeah, it looks like another Story of General Grievous scenario.

Why the delay? It's a bit hard to say. The simple answer is that sometimes this is the way the freelance biz goes. I will say that it has helped that somne folks have voiced their opinions via official channels. So just hang in there, it'll be worth it.

Damn straight, we did. In fact, Joe was hopping up and down with excitement about 'em during San Diego comic con! I've never seen him that giddy. :)

Lots of reasons. Sometimes LFL thinks certain content should be included in an issue to be timed with the release of some product. Other times, the editor is trying to accomplish something particular for a given issue, and sometimes another piece is judged to have a wider audience appeal.

That was when it was originally delayed, of course. Now add the fact that Insider is switching gears to focus on the 30th anniversary of Star Wars, and the content of Vader's Legacy isn't directly tied into that theme.

Take care,
    Abel

17. Juliet316

Juliet316 39x Hangman Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Apr 27, 2005

18. TheEmpireStrikes

TheEmpireStrikes Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 11, 2004
    Pity - Vaders Legacy would have tied perfectly in with the plotline of Bloodlines. I assume that was the original intent?

19. Halagad_Ventor

Jul 3, 2001
    Was that from the Technical Journal? Hmm.

Perhaps, perhaps. After what happened to the Underworld supplement, I'm wary.

The way I wrote it, the Lumiya section is basically a sequel to her bio from The Emperor's Pawns.

I suppose it will re-re-confrim it. The Emperor's Pawns stated they were a team, and Evil Never Dies explained how they figured out who would be the master and who the apprentice.

Take care,
    Abel

20. TalonCard

TalonCard •Author: Slave Pits of Lorrd •TFN EU Staff star 5 VIP

Jan 31, 2001
    >Was that from the Technical Journal? Hmm. <

Yep!

TC

21. Charlemagne19

Charlemagne19 Chosen One star 8

Jul 30, 2000
    Will Vost Tyne be referenced in the article?

I'd like to know more about Vader's first student and pet Admiral.

22. Halagad_Ventor

Jul 3, 2001
    It's not anyone here that needs convincing, of course. Joe and I have been amped about this project for months.

Right.

One of my favorite parts, in fact. :cool: It was fun to take a more or less cookiee cutter villain and do something meaningful with him.

Take care,
    Abel

23. Charlemagne19

Charlemagne19 Chosen One star 8

Jul 30, 2000
    Well, without violating your implant.

You're going to discuss Vost Tyne, the Noghri, Lumiya, and Vader's castle confirmably

Anyone else?

24. Halagad_Ventor

Jul 3, 2001
    Well, I guess I owe you guys something, with this delay. :)

First, I want to clarify that I can confirm I wrote about certain things, but not that they'll see print. In one sense, it's almost positive that the project's been delayed, since, in one of those wonderful little ironies of working in a shared universe, my writing about the Vels in the Underworld Appendix was edited due to perceived potential for overlapping with the Legacy of the Force storyline.

That said, other elements included in Vader's Legacy to a lesser or greater degree are: Bast Castle and his castle on Coruscant, the 501st, Obi-Wan's lightsaber, Vader's relationship with Grand Moff Tarkin, Vader and Baron Tagge's duel, Domina Tagge, the Prophets (of course), as well as Kharys, Flint, Tao, and High Inquisitor Tremayne.

And Vongerella too. Just to name a few.

25. 000

000 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 18, 2005
    [face_love]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.