main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Legacy #7: Broken, part 6 (of 6) - Glowing Luke on the cover!

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Vengance1003, Sep 8, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthTerrious

DarthTerrious Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 16, 2001
    Probably but I've heard some theories around here that the ancient Sith Lords view the Skywalker line as the true lineage of the Sith Order, since Vader was the heir apparent to Palpatine's rule. But we shall see.
    In any case the Skywalker has some use for Krayt, whether he be turned into a future Sith Lord or not.

2. Rouge77

Rouge77 Jedi Knight star 5

May 11, 2005
    Probably but I've heard some theories around here that the ancient Sith Lords view the Skywalker line as the true lineage of the Sith Order, since Vader was the heir apparent to Palpatine's rule.

Hereditary Dark Lord of the Sith?:eek: Sounds odd - except if Darth Plagueis or Darth Sidious really was behind the birth of Anakin...[face_thinking]

3. Charlemagne19

Charlemagne19 Chosen One star 8

Jul 30, 2000
    Actually, I feel vindicated BobaMatt mostly because I never assumed that Emperor Fel was behind the massacre. My assumptions that Roan Fel may be evil are based on his conquest of the galaxy and alliance with the Sith. Roan Fel wanted to enslave the Jedi remember? He called for them to become Imperial knights rather than asked them to be destroyed.

i do think its good that they pointed out he didn't order it though if they want to confuse the issue whether he's a bad guy or not

4. Rouge77

May 11, 2005
    Now, the people behind Legacy seem to intend it that way that Roan Fel is innocent to what happened on Ossus. But, from an in-universe point of view, what we have is just a claim from the Fel loyalists that this is the case and the only evidence that supports this is the apparent lack of Imperial Knights among the ranks of the attackers - and they probably are capable of wearing other clothes and armor than their standard armor.:p Not objective, neutral proof, but partisan claim.

5. Sikon

Sikon Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 29, 2006
    The Jedi who became IKs did so because it was their choice. And it's hardly enslavement.

6. Rouge77

May 11, 2005
    The Jedi who became IKs did so because it was their choice. And it's hardly enslavement.

If you mean with this Jedi who would have jumped ship during the Sith-Imperial War and immediately after it before the Massacre at Ossus... It was not much of a choice in the end of the war and after it, was it? Death, life lived in hiding or joining the Imperial Knights that swore obedience to a man who had allied himself with the Sith!

7. BobaMatt

BobaMatt TFN EU Staff star 7 VIP

Aug 19, 2002
    ...and you've always held his ordering the attack on Ossus as major evidence of his evil.
    ...enslave? He wants his new subjects to swear fealty to him. Would you want the Jedi opposing you?
    I don't think they do want to confuse the issue. In fact they seem pretty clear in their posts here on the forum that he's not a bad guy.

8. Rouge77

May 11, 2005
    He wants his new subjects to swear fealty to him. Would you want the Jedi opposing you?

His new subjects? Like, say the Czechs were the new subjects of Adolf Hitler after the Munich treaty in 1938 and the occupation of rest of Czech part of Czechoslovakia in 1939?

And frankly, the man is stupid if he believes that if the Jedi swear an oath of loyalty to him, it means that the Jedi will not oppose him! Like they could not work from the inside to bring his regime down! But then, he did ally himself with the Sith, so he can not be all that bright.

9. Vana

Vana Jedi Master star 4

Apr 25, 2005
    Well I KNEW handsome Twi'lek could exist. We just didn't see them before, and Bib Fortuna was not an example of beauty [face_laugh]

I always wondered why there were only nice female twi'leks and never handsome male twi'leks! now everything's alright! Shado Vado was created!!! ^________^ thanks so much Jan, for the cool design of the character, and thanks John for making him so charismatic!

>>Elysiann: oh dear, another fangirl of Shado Vao! *fight!!!!* :mad:

[face_laugh]

10. Jan_Duursema

Jan_Duursema Comic Artist: -AOTC -Legacy -Republic star 4 VIP

May 15, 2001
    You are welcome! Glad you are liking Shado. [face_love] He's a lot of fun to draw.

You'e right--why not a handsome Twi'lek male? Bib was skeevy, but that's the kind of character he was--a nasty evil old spice addict working for a crime boss. There have been other decent looking Twi'lek males--K'haris Fenn and Tott Doneeta among them. :cool:

There must a a gap in my memory banks--and shame on me if I don't remember--but have we seen any other Twi'lek males in the films besides Bib?

11. sonnymyson

sonnymyson Jedi Master star 3

Dec 7, 2004
    Vana skrev:

Well I KNEW handsome Twi'lek could exist. We just didn't see them before, and Bib Fortuna was not an example of beauty

I always wondered why there were only nice female twi'leks and never handsome male twi'leks! now everything's alright! Shado Vado was created!!! ^________^ thanks so much Jan, for the cool design of the character, and thanks John for making him so charismatic!

>>Elysiann: oh dear, another fangirl of Shado Vao! *fight!!!!*

Not in the films, afaik, ... the KOTOR Twi'lek Jedi are good looking hunks, as well as Aayla's relatives. I also thought Fen the younger was hot. But yeh, that's the comics.

12. sonnymyson

sonnymyson Jedi Master star 3

Dec 7, 2004
    I forgot to mention in the previous post how much I loved issue 7--- because all the really beautiful characters lived. Even the Hands.

13. Elysiann

Elysiann Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 30, 2006
    Tee hee! well we can either do the whole fangurl bitch slap fest or simply share we can have a lekku each... :D though since there are only two... [face_devil]

well actually there was Orn Free Taa [image=http://www.starwars.com/databank/character/ornfreetaa/img/movie_sm.jpg]

But he is not so easy on the eyes.

14. Jan_Duursema

May 15, 2001
    Oh, right! Orn Fre Ta. He is so fugly I keep forgetting he is a Twi'lek. Doesn't he have mutated lekku? Yech.

15. Giolon05

Giolon05 Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 3, 2005

16. Yeah, he's got that bizarre 4 lekku thing going on...egh...

I picked up and read iiue #7 last night. I'd say it's probably my second favorite so far (right behind the one where Darth Krayt goes all super spikey). I think my new favorite Star Wars quote is in this issue: "Finish her or marry her!". I was very pleased that Sia and Darth Talon weren't killed off. It seemed to me just too early to just start throwing away characters, but I've seen the "one baddie per story arc" done far too often. Killing Sia this early could have been used as a cheap launching point for Cade going back into Force usage, but I like the way it was handled here instead. Now we have set up a potential nice double romance triangle between Cade-Sia-Draco and Cade-Deliah-Sia. Oooh the potential!. :D

And wow, that coloring mistake on page 19? really is jarring. I know it's supposed to be Blue, since I read parts of this thread first, but it's still a bit of a mind job to forcibly tell yourself "that's not Sia. It's Blue", even though the coloring clearly, mistakenly indicates otherwise. I know that originals w/ mistakes are usually more valuable in the end, but I'll probably look to a reprinted issue in the future with the correction.

I say, mad props to the writers and artists for creating the first Star Wars comic to draw me in! This has definitely become a regular for my stops to the comic shop. Something's gotta help fill in the 2 month gaps between LotF novels! >.<

17. Lord_Riven

Lord_Riven Jedi Master star 4

Nov 13, 2001
    I've read the spoilers. All in all from what I've read it seems to be a good issue.

I echo the sentiment that one of the Sith should have died just to give us a slight ending like ANH did with the blowing up of DS1. It would have been good for the good guys to get one decent hit. (or maybe it's just my craziness in paralleling Ep4,5,6 and Legacy as the 21st century's OT)

I heard about the no Luke. Hmm...I'm a probably nonplussed to slightly annoyed to this. Me, I want Force Ghost Anakin Skywalker. Full Stop.

So Cade ran off with the Jedi? Could he be going back to Yavin 4. I just realised that the cover of issue 11 released on the DH site could esaily be Yavin 4.

18. Nieber-Gon-Jinn

Nieber-Gon-Jinn Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 30, 2006

I think that it might be Coruscant. The things at the bottom of the page resemble Ampistaffs but only slightly so they could be maturing ampistaffs or just regular old plants.

19. ShaunStarshooter

ShaunStarshooter Jedi Master

Jul 17, 2006
    Well, it was sure nice of Jan to clear up that coloring mistake; I was convinced we were supposed to spend months speculating if Cade was just standing over Sia in her room as a way of saying goodbye, or if he had actually slept with her. Now we know it was Blue and we know he sleeps with her on occasion.

Ganner tragically lost his girlfriend?! Was this Sia's bodyguard we saw from the earlier issue? The one that Talon killed? Also, when Astraal is talking to Draco, convincing him to let Cade help Sia, she is looking at and touching Ganner. Is this another mistake, or is there something going on there?

Does anyone speak Huttese or whatever language it is that Cade keeps throwing around these phrases in? I'd especially like to know exactly what he said about Blue to Syn, it seemed like a "That's my girl!!" moment about her not letting Syn leave him. I think Cade thinks more of her and cares for her more than he lets on. He is a truly broken guy trying to find his way; Well maybe he's been more avoiding finding his way to this point ;)

Besides my knowledge of other Galactic languages lacking, I am truly enjoying the story and the setting in which it is told. Has me constantly wanting more of the story and characters, and eagerly anticipating the next issue. Job well done, John and Jan. If only the Kamino cloning facility was still active, we could multiply the rate at which we get the issues!!

20. SephyCloneNo15

SephyCloneNo15 Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 9, 2005
    I thought it was Mando'a (at least I thought that's what Syn was speaking). Although I recall E Chu Ta being thrown around (#2 IIRC), which I'm pretty sure is Huttese (or more accurately, probably a Basic phrase of Huttese origin)

21. Vana

Vana Jedi Master star 4

Apr 25, 2005
    Yes in the movies we can only see Orn free ta and Bib Fortuna. They are so ugly! they are not a good example of what a handsome male twi'lek could be. I wondered how the nice female twi'leks could be born with so ugly fathers! [face_laugh]

Shado Vao is so cute, he can be transformed in chibi.
    Like this! *_*

I hope one day he will beat Darth Talon definitly. :mad:

22. Jan_Duursema

May 15, 2001
    Ooops sorry--I was just supposing about Ganner--not fact. He just seems so serious and quiet... Maybe that's why Astraal appealed to him to let Cade save Sia--not to that hothead Draco. :p Why did she touch him? The gesture just seemed right for Astraal to me.

Cade's Huttese line meant-- "I love you, Blue!" Not in the romantic sense, but in the "That's my girl!" sense.

23. LastOneStanding

LastOneStanding Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 19, 2004
    Darn...I was going to mention Tott, but you beat me to it. Oh well.... :)

24. Jan_Duursema

May 15, 2001
    Oog. Someone post something to turn this page--every time I see Orn I gag. [face_hypnotized]

25. s65horsey

s65horsey Otter-loving Former EUC Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 24, 2006
    Posts to help Jan.

26. Sikon

Sikon Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 29, 2006
    Same here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.