main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Is anyone still here?

Discussion in 'Archive: York/Lancaster, PA' started by strawbary, Jan 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rebel_Spook

Rebel_Spook Jedi Master star 4

May 14, 2002
    Applebee's or Friday's, either is fine with me. As long as it has a table that can comfortably seat at least 6 (can you believe that we actually have that many people talking about showing up?).

Is this just a fun meet & greet, or was there some thought to this also having some FF business?

2. JediSoccerDad

JediSoccerDad Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 12, 2004
    I'll get the directions for applebees.. much better food & service (and beers on tap, lol).

I know! Very cool.

My thoughts, Dave is too keep this simple, although me & you can PM some ideas to talk about with everyone on the 17th for future meets & stuff to do.. It would be a good time to get them 'on the table', so to speak..

3. Pugglethelesser

Pugglethelesser Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 13, 2006
    Applebee's or Friday's works for me and to answer your other question, while I can't speak for everyone, I think this is just a meet and greet.

4. JediSoccerDad

Aug 12, 2004
    Don't worry, Stacy.. Nothing serious.. But I think we will take advantage of the Meeting to (in addition to meet & greet) just ask you all if you have any suggestions or ideas for the group going forward..

P.S. To give everyone a 'heads up', Dave, Steph & myself are working to combine the to FF Groups into one. We see this as a viable way to keep it going. You will see a new combined board for the group leading up to the Meeting (which will be the 1st official meeting of the group).

Rob

5. Pugglethelesser

Jul 13, 2006
    Are we talking the Applebee's on Ridgewood Ave?.............MapQuest is great. It makes it seem as though I know what I'm talking about.......lol
    I have no friggin clue where Ridgewood Ave is. Also just out of curiousity, when is the new board going to open up? No rush, just wondering.

6. JediSoccerDad

Aug 12, 2004
    Yup :)

Wyomissing Applebee's
    610-372-6444
    1905 Ridgewood
    Wyomissing, PA 19610

Here is a map link:

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=1905+Ridgewood+Rd,+Reading,+PA+19610&spn=0.021689,0.020099&hl=en

As for the new board, I have the request in. I'm hoping it will be up before the 17th. I'll put a notice on both the Reading & York Boards when it is up.

7. JediSoccerDad

Aug 12, 2004
    I'm not sure if the new Board will be done before the 17th, so I wanted to get a 'Roll Call' of sorts, for who will be meeting up on the 17th. I am sure that I am the closest, bout 20 minutes away, so I wanted to make sure how many people I will get a table for & how many I am looking for.

Ok.. I'm going, lol..

"Rob"

8. Pugglethelesser

Jul 13, 2006
    I'll be there. I guess we should all wear something that identifies us as Star Wars geeks...........lol Only so we all know who to look for.

9. Rebel_Spook

May 14, 2002
    Well, I could wear my Jedi costume, does that scream SW geek enough??? :p

10. JediSoccerDad

Aug 12, 2004
    I think a t-shirt will be fine, lol..

Where is everyone else that was coming?

11. Jedipete33

Jedipete33 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 26, 2004
    I am still coming along.

Dave, you have no problem if I come along with you. I'll give you some money for gas to, since its soo expensive again.

12. Pugglethelesser

Jul 13, 2006
    Well it is a toss up and while the Jedi costume does sound appealing. I think I'll go with the t-shirt. On another note, we never heard back from ShiriKei(Dana).Someone might want to fire off an e-mail to her.

13. Rebel_Spook

May 14, 2002
    OK, OK, I'll do a SW T-shirt.

Scott, catching a ride with me is no problem. If you can get dropped off at my house a little before 5, that would be great.

14. JediSoccerDad

Aug 12, 2004
    I had a burger & beer over at AppleBees last night.. We're good to go :cool:

But don't try the Belgium Beer.., tasted like lemonade! [face_sick]

It was super-packed during that time (7:45 PM), so I will definetly show up a bit early to grab a table, since we are going to be even closer to dinner time.. Everyone ok with a table by the bar if needed?

Next Meeting (eternal optimist) we should do dinner & a movie. I haven't seen it yet, but I heard 300 is kick-ass! I'll be seeing TMNT this week with my daughter..

Rob

15. Pugglethelesser

Jul 13, 2006
    Given a choice, I'd prefer the non-smoking section. However if I'm in the minority, such is life.

16. Rebel_Spook

May 14, 2002
    I'm for non-smoking as well.

So, is it agreed that we'll all be wearing SW T-shirts?

17. Pugglethelesser

Jul 13, 2006
    Dave, it would seem that t-shirts are the garment of choice.
    Ah.....now which shirt to wear, Should I go with the......No,No much to formal.....or how about the......Nah, too many holes in that one.......this is going to take some thought. Have no fear, I'll figure something out.
    On a side note, I sent a PM to Dana, I'm waiting to hear back. It would be cool if we had one or two more.

18. JediSoccerDad

Aug 12, 2004
    Thanks, Stacy :)

I'll be wearing a green-ish yoda shirt.. & will be at the bar drinking a Sam Adams Winter Fest!

Btw, trying to get the Board Name corrected & changed to: Reading-York, PA. That was my frack-up..

Hey, anyone play Star Wars Lego II? Played it for the first time with my daughter the other night. It is frack-ing hilarious! A lot of jokes are very subtle and will probably be only picked up by a SW fan.

19. Jedipete33

Jedipete33 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 26, 2004
    If we can make a second meeting work, dinner with a movie is cool. cough* Spiderman 3 on imax cough* I saw 300 on saturday, excellent movie. Though I disaprove of a father taking his 5 year old to this movie. That kid must need therapy now..... but after all the killing and spartan glory references it put me in the mood to finish God of War. About as epic as a ps2 game can get. I highly recommend it with the surround sound cranked. I've played the SW lego 2 demo. It was fun, so I'll get around to playing the full game one day.

20. Pugglethelesser

Jul 13, 2006
    I've been playing SW Lego 2 with the kids since Christmas. Very cool, more ship action than the first. Between myself and my boys we've beat the game but we have yet to unlock all of the hidden boards. Which is very annoying.
    As far a second meeting goes, I'm sure we can discuss dates on Saturday, but this would be my suggestion. Rob check your schedeule with soccer practice and then you and Dave pick a date sometime in April. The two of you pick one date and time and put it out there. If people can make it, great. If people can't, well hope you can make the next one. It seems to save on headaches. It might seem kind of dickish but, you save on the whole " this works for me but this doesn't .......Oh no that's no good for me" But, that's just my two cents and what the hell do I know?

21. JediSoccerDad

Aug 12, 2004
    Gonna reply on the 'new board', in an attempt to move the conversation over there :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.