main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Legacy #21: Indomitable, part 2 (of 2) - The conclusion of a shocking two-part tale! INDOMNICTABLE!

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Jeff_Ferguson, Nov 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jeff_Ferguson

Jeff_Ferguson Force Ghost star 5

May 15, 2006
    [image=http://images.darkhorse.com/covers/14/14882.jpg]

The conclusion of a shocking two-part tale pitting the Sith Empire against the Galactic Alliance in an all-out space battle!

The Sith have lured outlaw Admiral Gar Stazi into a trap to destroy the Alliance once and for all. Yet Stazi is no fool-he may have agreed to play the Sith's game, but not with the cards they expect! Meanwhile, forces loyal to the deposed Emperor Roan Fel wait on the sidelines. Are they here to help, to hurt, or simply make off with whatever's left when the dust settles?

Stazi springs the Empire's trap!

Publication Date: Feb 20, 2008
    Format: Full color, 40 pages, Ongoing
    Price: $2.99

Link! Man, Gar Stazi looks bad. ass.

No title for this two-part arc yet, so I think that we can still call it "Attention Nick!"

2. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    A Neimoidian kicking arse, who'd have thought it?

3. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    If only he was a ghost.

"I...WARNED you....."

4. ThrawnRocks

ThrawnRocks Jedi Master star 6

Apr 10, 2004
    We also have an interior artist. Some guy named Omar Francia, this appears to be his first work for Dark Horse, but you can easily find some of his work on google. It's hard for me to say if I think he'll fit yet, so I'll withhold judgement until we see the preview.

5. Jeff_Ferguson

Jeff_Ferguson Force Ghost star 5

May 15, 2006
    Ooooh, I didn't notice that. Here's a digital painting of Omar's for Loaded Magazine, re: Battlefront:

[image=http://www.omarfrancia.com/imagenes/Covers-Pin-Ups/starwars_01.jpg]

Kind of looks like a lego character, but not all of his art is like that. I'll be interested to see the preview, too.

6. ThrawnRocks

ThrawnRocks Jedi Master star 6

Apr 10, 2004
    Here is a blog of his that is just for his comic work.

7. Havac

Havac Former Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 29, 2005
    Gar Stazi! But . . . he's an admiral. Shouldn't he be in, like, a uniform or something and leave the robes at home?

8. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    That's.... a really weird.... Neimoidian. I approve.

I love how they keep paralleling Stazi with Ackbar and the whole "Trap" thing. Too bad Stazi won't get his own brand of cereal, however. ;)

9. AdmiralNick22

AdmiralNick22 Retired Fleet Admiral star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2003
    God....my heart.....pains.....nergasm... [face_dancing]

I knew it! Ole' Admrial Stazi is no fool! Sweet Jesus I may die of delight. Either he springs his own trap on the Sith or loyalist forces from Fel come to his aid. Either way, I predict the begining of a coalition against the Sith, with both the Alliance Remnant and the Fel Loyalists forming its core.

BTW- the title "ATTN, Nick" is growing on me. :p

Where is Ostrander? I feel like I should name my first child after him or something. ;)

--Adm. Nick

10. Reecee

Reecee Jedi Master star 3

Feb 14, 2004
    That is one awesome cover.

Awesome.

11. Gharlane

Gharlane Jedi Grand Master star 3

Dec 30, 2000
    Cover looks like some of the recent Ariel Olivetti stuff.

12. Lord_Hydronium

Lord_Hydronium Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 11, 2002
    Sweet covers for this arc.

13. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    I dunno, Ackbar Jonathan doesn't really flow well as a first and middle name combo... though Jonathan Ackbar could work if you're willing to make such a concession.

14. AdmiralNick22

AdmiralNick22 Retired Fleet Admiral star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2003
    Jonathan Ackbar. Hmm, I think that has a nice ring to it. :p

--Adm. Nick

15. jfostrander01

jfostrander01 Writer: Dawn of the Jedi, Agent of the Empire star 3 VIP

Oct 26, 2001
    Quick notes

Gar Stazi is, i bedlieve, a Duros.

Admiral Nick, I'm flattered but I'm just "John", not "Jonathan".

Anybody here think there's a good chance of some fleet action?

-- John

16. CountSephula

CountSephula Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 10, 2007
    Somehow I doubt Nick changing his last name to Ackbar is much of a concession. Nick Ackbar, father of Jonathan Ackbar...or Ostrander Ackbar?

And as for this new artist, his work looks good (Batman, Spidey, and Venom...all in one comic? Which begs the question, who's the current Venom? Is it still Mac Gargan?) His Iron Man and Spidey/Batman work is pretty slick. I don't know what to expect about a less superheroically proportioned genre like Star Wars, but so far none of the non-Jan Legacy artists have been terrible, so I have high hopes.

Is he listed for both issues of "ATTN, NICK!"? I can't see changing artists mid-arc, but stranger things have probably happened.

17. jSarek

jSarek VIP star 4 VIP

Feb 18, 2005
    Indeed. It's odd how many people assume Jonathan is the "full name" of Johns, when most of us are just plain ol' John.

It's not like the book that the name comes from talks about Jonathan the Baptist or Jonathan the Apostle or St. Jonathan the Divine.

--A fellow John, musing on a minor peeve

18. Nobody145

Nobody145 Force Ghost star 5

Feb 9, 2007
    I like Cade and all, but I do wish they could have these GA Core Forces arcs more often. Oh well, Legacy is still in the early stages, hopefully they'll show up more later.

And that's a pretty good cover. I wonder if Stazi shouldn't be in uniform, but at the moment, he's probably part head of state too, given that the rest of the GA is probably under Imperial Sith rule, at least as far as we know. So I don't mind the robes.

Hm, good to hear more about Roan Fel, since so far it doesn't seem like Bastion will be involved in the current Coruscant action. If its every fleet for itself, they might try to take off with whatever's at stake while everybody else is busy, but they could help the GA Remnant as a show of faith too.

And I really hope the GA have a line about where its something like "Its a trap!" "Good, exactly as planned...." or something like that. That and lot of fleet battles. And best of all, I hope for the first non holographic blue image of the Scythe ship (that's in an actual issue and not just on a cover or as an extra artwork, though so far it already looks very cool).

19. QuentinGeorge

QuentinGeorge Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 12, 2003

Anybody here think there's a good chance of some fleet action?

Hey, aren't you the guy writing these? :p

PS: It's the same outfit Stazi was wearing in his previous appearance. He obviously doesn't do laundry very often....

20. Reecee

Reecee Jedi Master star 3

Feb 14, 2004
    I like how it looks like Stazi has a bit of a gut :p

21. Corran_Fett

Corran_Fett Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 17, 2005
    Damn, Legacy never gets boring. This'll be another great little arc! [face_peace]

If anyone cares, Rebelscum has a slightly bigger cover. But I'm waiting for the real-high res to be posted.

22. FTeik

FTeik Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 7, 2000
    Am I the only one, who thinks of an Emperor Stazi when the dust has settled?

23. Excellence

Excellence Jedi Knight star 7

Jul 28, 2002

Excellent cover! And no ocular staring!

Temporary thread title: The Easter Islander Strikes Back . . .

24. Grey1

Grey1 Host: 181st Imperial Discussion Group star 4 VIP

Nov 21, 2000
    "I warned you... now the Galactic Alliance demands REVENGE!!!"

25. Havoc_Wing

Havoc_Wing Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 4, 2006
    Still no arc title?

--HW

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.