main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Jedi vs. Sith: The Essential Guide to the Force

Discussion in 'Literature' started by CooperTFN, Mar 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. -Tenel-Ka-

-Tenel-Ka- Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 16, 2002
    :eek: TK gets a picture = :)! I can't wait to get my hands on this book now, hehe.

Thank you very much~!

2. chiss_man

chiss_man Jedi Master star 6

Jul 1, 2002
    If nothing else, this book is worth it for the incredible illustrations. Also, the section on other Force users is quite expansive, instead of a mere mention in a final chapter or something.

3. JediAlly

JediAlly Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 31, 2000
    You said earlier that the Sith section mentions the powers they have. Does the same thing apply for the Jedi, or are there just too many to list? In other words, is there a listing of all known Force powers, be they Jedi, Sith, Light, Dark, Jensaarai, Fallanassi, Allyan magic (Witches of Dathomir), etc.?

4. Excellence

Excellence Jedi Knight star 7

Jul 28, 2002

How does the however you pronounce Bpfasshi look like? Can you PM?

I brought this topic up last year, but I think places like wookieepedia will have a growing impact on merchandise sales. There's a page that lists all the pics from every article and guide. If I wanted to buy an alien guide for the pics but didn't care for the RPG stats -- sorry, dp4m -- I could just see the alien scum right there. I think in time these amazing Jedi vs Sith are going to appear on it.

And as desirable as that is for me, I'm sorry to say it's wrong to see.

5. QuentinGeorge

QuentinGeorge Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 12, 2003
    There's a page that lists all the pics from every article and guide.

Not any more.

I think in time these amazing Jedi vs Sith are going to appear on it.

Some, but not all.

6. chiss_man

Jul 1, 2002
    These are taken from the Table of Contents from the Jedi section on Force sensitive abilities:

Sense Powers
    Telepathy
    Affect Mind/Jedi Mind Trick
    Telekinesis
    Force Leap
    Burst of Speed
    Healing
    Healing Trance
    Farsight
    Psychometry
    Force Camouflage
    Battlemind
    Battle Mediation
    Battle-Meld
    Malacia
    Sever Force
    Beast Language
    Morichro
    Force Lightning

7. Excellence

Jul 28, 2002

I've still got the link, QG. It's got every pic of the NEC, the guides, Cracken's Threat something, etc. It's fantastic . . . but I don't think it's right to do.

8. Havoc_Wing

Havoc_Wing Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 4, 2006
    [face_praying]:p

--HW

9. QuentinGeorge

Dec 12, 2003

I've still got the link, QG. It's got every pic of the NEC, the guides, Cracken's Threat something, etc. It's fantastic . . . but I don't think it's right to do.

The galleries are no longer there, for the reason you've said. If an image is not used in an actual article (as opposed to a gallery) it is deleted. As is the gallery.

10. Jeff_Ferguson

Jeff_Ferguson Force Ghost star 5

May 15, 2006
    Hey, any new info on Yoda's duel with the Bppfashi Dark Jedi? We've seemed to be all over the place on whether or not it was on Dagobah/not on Dagobah.

11. Excellence

Jul 28, 2002

Didn't I say I've still got a link to it? I'm seeing it right now. :p

12. QuentinGeorge

Dec 12, 2003
    You're seeing a "gallery with every image from a sourcebook in it"? Please enlighten me as to which one, since there are no "complete" galleries left.

13. Excellence

Jul 28, 2002

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Real-world_galleries

14. QuentinGeorge

Dec 12, 2003
    As I said, none of those galleries are "complete", they only contain '''images from those books already used in other articles on Wookieepedia''', there are no longer images that "only" appear in galleries.

15. Jeff_Ferguson

May 15, 2006
    But... there's no gallery of Jedi Vs. Sith images there.

16. chiss_man

Jul 1, 2002
    NOTE: Please don't ask me to post everything from this book. A few images here and there, I'm quite fine with. But I just don't want this to get out of hand. I hope no one gets offended by this request, and I'm certainly not directing this at anyone specifically, but I just don't want this to turn into "Post x, y, and z pic plz!"

17. Jeff_Ferguson

May 15, 2006
    No, you're totally right. We've milked enough out of you already, and have plenty of fodder for discussion. Take a break, eat some alphaghetti! I know I am.

18. chiss_man

Jul 1, 2002
    It's not a problem of me being tired of doing it, I just am against things like putting an entire book online. I'd do anything for you guys. [:D]

Hey, any new info on Yoda's duel with the Bppfashi Dark Jedi? We've seemed to be all over the place on whether or not it was on Dagobah/not on Dagobah.

Nope, unless I missed it. That pic is about it.

19. Excellence

Jul 28, 2002

*shrugs*

I don't know if they're all the imagery in a given guide, only it's a sure lot of them. Given time, I'm sure the Jedi vs Sith ones will appear too.

20. Havoc_Wing

Oct 4, 2006
    Because consensus was to get rid of galleries IIRC.

--HW

21. QuentinGeorge

Dec 12, 2003
    Given time, I'm sure the Jedi vs Sith ones will appear too.

No it won't.

<i>Since the community recently decided (at a recent Mofference) to begin phasing out image galleries in favor of images categorization, and because of copyright concerns, a gallery for this book will not be created. And images uploaded from the book deemed redundant and unnecessary by administrators will be deleted on sight.</i>

Doesn't get any more clear than that.

22. Emperor_Time

Emperor_Time Jedi Master star 4

Aug 31, 2007
    I know that this will be a great book. :)

23. Chris_Trevas

Chris_Trevas Artist: -NEGTAS -Insider -WEG VIP

Mar 23, 2005
    Thanks for the compliments everyone!

It's funny reading through everything and seeing what the fans pick out.
    I think you've managed to recognize just about everyone in the huge crowd scenes - thankfully. About half the Jedi on Zenoma Sekot were made up by me (it's a huge crowd and not that many are mentioned by name).

Shannon McRandle was very nice and posed for all my Mara pics during Celebration Europe. The big funeral portrait should be a little more recognizable in the book than the scan.
    Jason is standing behind Luke hence he's a little shorter from that angle.
    Ben's hair? I didn't know it was supposed to be red. Had I known I definitely would have made sure. I guess I should have read Wookieepedia (it does say red), but all three pics in Ben's entry, which I did check, show it as blond like Luke's.
    FYI - It's funny that Wookieepedia has my own hair color wrong (it's brown, not black).
    Ben and Luke in grey robes? Was it specifically mentioned in the funeral chapter of Sacrifice? That's all I had to go on since the book wasn't out at the time. That chapter does only say "masters" not the masters council so I dropped in Streen and Octa since I needed people and they could have been there.

I'm planning to start a blog over on starwars.com to reveal some of the stories behind the art of this book. Lots to tell since we've been working on it for many months.

Chris

24. Havoc_Wing

Oct 4, 2006
    Hi, nice to see you on the forums! :D

I knew it, I knew she looked familiar...[face_thinking]

EDIT: Maybe I should pay attention to the join date.

--HW

25. chiss_man

Jul 1, 2002
    My scans really don't do your work justice, but I bet most consider them the sneak preview before the real show begins. My own personal compliments on the fantastic work throughout by the way. And also to Tommy Lee Edwards as well, I really liked his Sidious and Yoda v. Bpfasshi Dark Jedi.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.