main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Next Time On Legacy . . . .

Discussion in 'Literature' started by DarthBroox, Feb 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthBroox

DarthBroox Jedi Master star 3

May 22, 2003
    So the other day I was wondering "What has shown up in either Legacy 0 or 1/2 that has yet to appear in the main series?" I don't have the issue with me so any help would be appreciated.

Furthermore, do you think that we will ever see these elements or were they scraped somewhere along the line?

2. BobaMatt

BobaMatt TFN EU Staff star 7 VIP

Aug 19, 2002
    We'll definitely see them, they just haven't shown up yet. Bantha Rawk, for example, is on the cover of #24.

3. Gharlane

Gharlane Jedi Grand Master star 3

Dec 30, 2000
    Bantha Rawk, Siegel Dare and the gotal information broker are the only ones who haven't yet made much of an appearance in Legacy.

4. BobaMatt

Aug 19, 2002
    Gotal information broker?

5. Carnage04

Carnage04 Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 8, 2005
    Yeah, I thought his name was Gossam or something like that.

We did (Presumably) see Sigel Dare when Fel retook Bastion.

I actually wonder if the series was originally meant to be far shorter dependent on A. Enough ideas from Jon and B. Fan reception to the series due to the fact that people like Stazi and Corde did not make the #0 issue whereas the Bartender at Rik's got page time.

6. Nobody145

Nobody145 Force Ghost star 5

Feb 9, 2007
    Some of the info might just not be relevant (yet), like the names of all the major Moffs, or would be too big of a spoiler (like if Stazi had a bio in #0, that would've shown there definitely was a GA Core Forces remnant, instead of just the vague GA Core Forces references here and there scatered about in the issue).

Wonder if the authors could say how much leeway they had originally, in terms of planning for a 50-issue series, 100-issues, or just unlimited issues until they ran out of ideas or the fans started hating the series, whichever came first. Though based on the basic premise of Legacy (a Sith Order with thousands of Sith minions rules the galaxy), I think its safe to say that they were planning on 50, if not 100, and probably more issues, as it'll take a long while to overcome that big of an obstacle. Especially given Cade's initial apathy.

7. jfostrander

jfostrander Writer: -Legacy -Republic/Jedi/Purge star 4 VIP

Jul 16, 2001
    Legacy was, from the beginning, intended to be an ongoing series -- which means so long as the sales are there the book continues. Sales are good (newcomers ARE welcome at all times, same as any other comic) so we continue on our way. We know what's going on through the end of the year and will soon be laying out next year. Jan and I are having a lot of fun and obviously have no plans on leaving any time soon.

Part of the fun has been the introduction of so many characters and concepts. And we're going to keep adding to it. There are some characters that didn't appear in either version of the 0 issues that we still may bring in. Plus, we develop some along the way. Gar Stazi is a good example. i orginly developed him just for the one story and to explain what was left of the GA but I had such fun and he had such a positive fan reaction that now he has his own story coming up. Nor have we forgotten other fan faves such as Princess Sia. We realize we haven't touched base with her since issue 7 and that will be remedied.

Of course, when we DO return to some characters, we sometimes like to mess around a bit -- as with Nyna and Corde.<g>

I think it says something about the strength of these characters that they COULD sustain their own stories or even arcs. There's an old showbiz adage, "Leave 'em wanting MORE." I think that we're doing that with LEGACY.

-- John

8. YVH

YVH Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 16, 2007
    More Sia = =D= =D= [face_dancing] [face_love] =P~

Are we going to have more K'Kruhk and co soon, or are you going to leave us wallowing in anguish and impatience as we await the fate of our favorite freakin' sweet group of Jedi?

9. THE_PIED_PIPER

THE_PIED_PIPER Chapter Rep Knoxville, TN star 4

Jun 8, 2006

[face_dancing] =D= [face_dancing]

Yyyaaahhhoooo!

I was fixing to start to :_|

Seriously, can I have some Sia, and soon!

I like Cade just fine, but enough for a few issues. :p

H.I.H Princess Marasiah Fel needs and is entitled to her page time! :D

Jello said it best, "None are greater than Sia." :)

10. wild_karrde

wild_karrde Jedi Grand Master star 7

Oct 8, 1999
    That's the problem with only one 24 page issue every 30 days - not enough time to cover everyone! I'd love it if this were made into an animated weekly series because we'd get so much more!

11. THE_PIED_PIPER

Jun 8, 2006
    :eek:

EX - ACT - LY!!!

And I really don't see why that couldn't be done, considering what all LFL has going right now. Legacy would be a kriffing smash! :D

I would inflict bodily harm on anyone who attempted to touch the TV channel.

12. THE_PIED_PIPER

Jun 8, 2006
    *sorry double post*

13. Emperor_Time

Emperor_Time Jedi Master star 4

Aug 31, 2007

14. Carnage04

Carnage04 Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 8, 2005
    I'm just a bit curious as to how something like this works....

As an author, I'd imagine that even if your story didn't sell up to standards to continue it on for a long time, you'd want to see it published.

This project was probably higher risk than most Star Wars stories. Very Few established characters...set in a time that is removed from anything else we have ever seen....less accessible media type (Behind Movies, TV, Books, and Video Games).....and shattering of preexisting ideas (A "Good" Empire, An apathetic Skywalker, the Rule of Two done away with for the time being...) These things in my mind had to make Legacy chancy. If by issue #10 the idea that the plug would have to be pulled on the series, did you have a plan in mind to be able to wrap it up promptly or would the story have just ended in midstream hoping to get another crack at it later?

15. BobaMatt

Aug 19, 2002

16. wild_karrde

wild_karrde Jedi Grand Master star 7

Oct 8, 1999

17. burrie

burrie Jedi Padawan star 4

May 27, 2000
    I prefer Emperor_Time's idea more, tho' :p

18. AdmiralNick22

AdmiralNick22 Retired Fleet Admiral star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2003
    A big part of your sucess with Legacy can be directly contributed to that fact that you have incoprated so many "groups" in it.

A quick count shows how impressive this is. The New Jedi Order and the Sith. The Empire and the Galactic Alliance. Bounty hunters and criminals. Fringers and elites. Yuuzahn Vong to!

With such a broad group of characters to tell stories with, it is not suprise that Legacy is one of the most sucessful comics in the Star Wars Expanded Universe. :)

The cast of characters allows for multiple stories and multiple viewpoints. We see the galaxy through Darth Krayt's evil eyes, Morlish Veed's power hungry eyes, and the sheer awesomeness of Calixte/Corde's eyes. We see the galaxy from the view point of the scattered Jedi Order, the somewhat hardened view of Gar Stazi's Alliance Remnant, and the pragmatic and powerful Roan Fel.

And, thats not even counting the guy at the center of the story. Cade Skywalker. ;)

As a quick note, I encourage fans who are eager to see their favorite characters to be patient. Believe me, I know this is not easy, but it pays off. Just look at past issues like #9-10, or the upcoming Galactic Alliance arc (#20-21).

John Ostrander and Jan Duursema have more than earned our patience. :)

--Adm. Nick

19. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Nor have we forgotten other fan faves such as Princess Sia. We realize we haven't touched base with her since issue 7 and that will be remedied.

Glorious news! I look forward to seeing more issues that feature her.

Huh, what do you know. That above sentence was a line of pure dactylic hexameter. :D

Perhaps I'll write my next epic poem on the Fels. The dynasty needs a good panegyricist.

20. Kenobi_Kid

Kenobi_Kid Jedi Padawan star 4

May 5, 2005
    Not half so much as I do, I'll wager. And I shall gladly institute you as the Grand Imperial Composer once the wedding of the dear Princess and myself has been held, if that pleases you.

21. Magnuskn

Magnuskn Jedi Master star 4

Jul 14, 2002
    I just wanted to remark that I think Legacy is the best Star Wars media out there at the moment. I´d hope for *more* *faster* output of it, but on the other hand, I want Mr. Ostrander to continue writing and defining it, and I love the artwork.

Only Ultimate Spiderman makes me crave the next release as much, which I say as the highest compliment I can give for comics. To compare to novels, a new novel by George R.R. Martin make me feel as excited. Well, if that guy would ever get his work done on time, that is...

Magnus

22. THE_PIED_PIPER

Jun 8, 2006
    I thought Antares won Sia's hand in the offical pole over in EU, with Jello a close second. If I'm remembering correctly. :p

23. Kenobi_Kid

Kenobi_Kid Jedi Padawan star 4

May 5, 2005
    And I abstained from the aforementioned vote due to the fact that I was excluded from the possible candidates. [face_not_talking]

24. Emperor_Time

Emperor_Time Jedi Master star 4

Aug 31, 2007
    Don't worry since there is still time for you to become a candidate. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.