main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Luke Skywalker and the Shadows of Mindor

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Lord Vivec, Jun 9, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lord_Hydronium

Lord_Hydronium Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 11, 2002
    If you consider 2001 recent.

2. Zorrixor

Zorrixor Chosen One star 6

Sep 8, 2004
    How certain is it that Cronal was involved with Ismaren? Was it actually explicitly stated or is it just a theory put together because it sounded like something he would do? In other words, is it possible they will just retcon Cronal out of being involved if they are now making Cronal into Shadowspawn?

The Wookiee isn't really very helpful when all it says is:
    That doesn't really tell us much and sounds rather ambiguous as if it was only a rumour not a confirmed fact (i.e. that for all we know it could actually have been One Sith or something).

3. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    I'm not sure if that's actually canon and not fanon, for some reason. Did Abel include it in Dynasties?

4. The_Four_Dot_Elipsis

The_Four_Dot_Elipsis Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 3, 2005
    It's from Droids, Technology and the Force: A Clash of Phenomena and is treated as being ambiguous, which is why Hydro did the same in the Wook article. So don't blame Wookieepedia, blame Abel. :p

5. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Bah. Not helpful. Well, if Blackhole is retconned into Atha and Shadowspawn, we have to work his 'exile' to the Outer Rim into him being around to found the Church of the Dark Side and assist Sidious in the Deep Core by contacting Jerec...

6. The_Four_Dot_Elipsis

Mar 3, 2005
    Cronal does most of his communication via hologram anyway. I doubt physical exile would impede him much.

7. Zorrixor

Sep 8, 2004
    Linking that idea to:
    ...it could be interesting if Shadowspawn turned out to be Cronal's macho image and that it wasn't a false image in the hologram transmissions but that Shadowspawn was some kind of physical doppelganger persona. That way they would be the same person and yet they wouldn't. ;)

I suppose it depends how complicated they manage to make a one shot novel. I do find the idea of Shadowspawn as Vader and Cronal as Palpatine interesting though, just with the implication they weren't two people but one man and his clone. The spawn of Cronal's shadow. Would they leave such a massive cliffhanger though? [face_thinking]

...unless White Eyes is Cronal and we will be seeing more of him later. [face_whistling]

8. KnightDawg

KnightDawg Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 26, 2007
    Yes, I know "The Emperor's Pawns" was written in 2001. But I do not remember Cronal being mentioned as a "frailed old man". That's what I'm referring too.

9. TalonCard

TalonCard •Author: Slave Pits of Lorrd •TFN EU Staff star 5 VIP

Jan 31, 2001
    Ah ha! Good point...

TC

10. Lord_Hydronium

Lord_Hydronium Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 11, 2002
    It was in The Emperor's Pawns. That's what I'm referring to.

11. KnightDawg

KnightDawg Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 26, 2007
    It's been a few years since I read it, but I always thought the reference of him being a "frailed old man" was just somebody's opinion of him and not the writer's description of him. Wookieepedia makes it sound like that is make he really was.

12. Trip

Trip Force Ghost star 4

Dec 7, 2003

13. Zorrixor

Sep 8, 2004
    Hmm... that doesn't sound too bad. I mean, you could basically say the same about Palpatine and we all know what he was capable of. I imagine that was probably what Abel was going for when he wrote the description anyway.

My first thoughts when reading 'shrunken' in the Wookiee was that he was going to be a dwarf like Kadann but that was because I assumed the Wookiee was paraphrasing a more detailed description. If 'shrunken' is literally all The Emperor's Pawns says though then that's open to quite a bit of interpretation.

Well, depending on how wacked out they're prepared to go, my fingers are crossed that we get something unique like that Shadowspawn and Cronal are two different bodies but that they share the same mind.

14. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    I could see him exiled from the Empire but still stirring the pot and acting as an agent of the Emperor despite this. The Emperor allows this because it acts as a novelty, knowing him. I quite like this idea. So, Blackhole/Cronal/Atha/Shadowspawn can actually fit, in continuity. Woot! :)

15. The_Four_Dot_Elipsis

Mar 3, 2005
    I've just been researching the Atha Prime article for Wookieepedia and...yeah...wow.

[face_hypnotized]

16. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    Four-Dot, you're the Atha Prime groupie here! You mean to say you haven't caught that before now?!?:p

17. The_Four_Dot_Elipsis

Mar 3, 2005
    Well, I wasn't dredging up archival stuff before! And I only really became a Prime groupie when I found out that Abel wanted to make him Shadowspawn...although I do remember reading a small mention of him in The Action Figure Archive many moons ago...and being very curious...

18. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    I think it was mentioned elsewhere in here that Stover never kills his villains. I'm not sure if that's true for his non-SW writing, but if that's true - do you want Shadowspawn/Cronal/Atha to survive? He's a fairly large threat, so would it be reasonable for him to survive?

19. _Catherine_

_Catherine_ Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 16, 2007
    If Cronal and Shadowspawn are going to be merged, yes, I definitely want him to survive, if only for the reason that canon has him still alive after this book takes place.

20. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    Apart from a vague source having it set up Nyax, what else is there?

21. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    There's lots of evidence he could be White Eyes... [face_whistling]

Speaking of identities, if he really does turn out to be Cronal/Blackhole/Shadowspawn/Atha Prime, can we acronym him? And just think! If he ends up being more people in the future (like White Eyes or some other One Sith), we'll have just about enough letters to have a contest for who comes up with the best acronym! 8-}

22. jSarek

jSarek VIP star 4 VIP

Feb 18, 2005
    Lord Atha Cronal: Blackhole of the Shadowspawn: A Novel of the White-Eyed Sith?

23. _Catherine_

_Catherine_ Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 16, 2007

24. sabarte

sabarte Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 8, 2005
    Millenium Falcon has now traded dates with Luke Skywalker and the Shadows of Mindor; Mindor is being released in December.

25. The_Four_Dot_Elipsis

Mar 3, 2005
    GENERIC RAGE.

Awesome back, though.

Still...

GENERIC RAGE.

That's the second time the best Star Wars book ever has been delayed. For shame. [face_shame_on_you]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.