main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Knights of the Old Republic #38: Faithful Execution

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Carlis, Nov 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Nihl

Darth_Nihl Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 24, 2008
    I'm a trade waiter, but I do buy the occasional individual issue of Legacy and Kotor, and I think I'm going to have to buy this one. Though the cover is... horrible, I love Dean Zachary's art, and I can't wait to see how this turns out.

2. Jedi Trace

Jedi Trace Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 15, 1999
    Love it. Is it February yet? :cool:

3. DarthBoba

DarthBoba Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 29, 2000
    I really see the Bale resemblance.

[insert lame joke here]So, is Zayne going to become the Dark Knight[/lame joke ended]

4. Ulicus

Ulicus Lapsed Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 24, 2005
    No, he's going to be John Connor.

Really, though, Christian Bale? Didn't he get the memo from Weaver that states Zayne is Christian SLATER? :p

5. Trip

Trip Force Ghost star 4

Dec 7, 2003
    Nice art, but the plot gives me pause. Why on earth would Jacen flow-walk to the Mandalorian wars?

6. Kenobi_Kid

Kenobi_Kid Jedi Padawan star 4

May 5, 2005
    Wow. Liking the way Zayne looks. Can't wait for february. Also I should insert a lame joke about how Elbee is trying to Terminate Zayne on the cover.

7. DarthBoba

DarthBoba Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 29, 2000
    Hehe...

Zayne: "Why do you want to kill me?"

Haazen: "Kill you? I don't want to kill you. You...you complete me!"

8. Jedi Trace

Jedi Trace Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 15, 1999
  9. Corusca_One

Corusca_One Jedi Master star 3

Oct 24, 2005
    Yeeep! :D

So now we know whats happened to Gryph, and its interesting to see Elbee back in the picture. Funny that Rohlan was bothering to talk Zayne out of powering him up though... I wonder if Elbee could know anything about our mysterious Mandalorian?

10. TNPredsFan

TNPredsFan Jedi Master star 4

Nov 10, 2004
    I got to meet Dean Zachary last weekend at a local con, and he's a really nice guy. He's so excited about the issue and about the possibility of being included on the Wookieepedia.

I mentioned his comment about using a young Christian Bale as his reference for Zayne, and he said that he used Liv Tyler as his reference for Jarael.

11. Jeff_Ferguson

Jeff_Ferguson Force Ghost star 5

May 15, 2006
    This art is very appealing to me. :) It's different, but in an intriguing way. The backgrounds have a lot of detail, too. Can't wait to see it in print.

12. Excellence

Excellence Jedi Knight star 7

Jul 28, 2002

Oh no. What happened to the art? It looks ok but.....

13. Manisphere

Manisphere Jedi Master star 5

Aug 25, 2007
    I like the art. It looks kind of thick and I like the shading.:)

14. Wordslinger

Wordslinger Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 5, 2009
    I also like the art in this issue. Sorta reminds me of the early Dark Times art, or that one issue of Republic with the bothan on the cover set right after order 66.

15. MistrX

MistrX Jedi Master star 4

Jun 20, 2006
    Yeah, I actually like the art. I think I might like it more than Ching's. I'll have to see the whole thing before I decide that.

16. Corusca_One

Corusca_One Jedi Master star 3

Oct 24, 2005
    I'm liking the art, not sure I like it as much as Ching's or Weaver's but thats partly due to being used to that style. Gotta say the colouring on those panels works fabulously as well, especially when Zayne is in the carge hold.

17. Nobody145

Nobody145 Force Ghost star 5

Feb 9, 2007
    Hm, not bad preview, and wow, its up so early (the previous issue hasn't even come out yet). But still, great to see Zayne being so kind to Elbee. And guess Elbee is still dealing with his... issues, like with Lucien, or being "abandoned" by Camper. The art's... not bad, its just takes some getting used to... I think. Maybe in a month I'll have more of an opinion after reading the issue. Its not bad, just very... different. But I always love early previews.

18. Point Given

Point Given Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Dec 12, 2006
    I wonder if it will be anything like "Dead Space"

19. Wordslinger

Jan 5, 2009
    I was just rereading the preview and something caught my eye. On page two is Zayne using the force to slow/drag the Chancellor Fillorean so that the Hot Prospect can dock with it?

Also for some reason, I always assumed Zayne was in on Lucien surviving the end of Vindication. Thought that was part of the plan.... apparently not.

20. The Loyal Imperial

The Loyal Imperial Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 19, 2007
    The ship is pretty shiny, so it looks more like he's shielding his eyes from the glare.

21. Havac

Havac Former Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 29, 2005
    It just looks like he's gesticulating, pointing at the ship while he's talking to Slyssk. The artist is just giving him something to do with his arm other than just dangle at his side.

22. Wordslinger

Jan 5, 2009
    Yeah, it's probably one of those ease on in on this vector conversations. What are the odds though that Zayne would just stumble upon this ship? This mission reeks of Jedi involvement.

23. JohnJacksonMiller

JohnJacksonMiller Mastermind: KOTOR, LTotS, Knight Errant star 3 VIP

May 24, 2005
    This deals in parts of a conversation we did not see -- buy Zayne was not entirely sure how Lucien would deal with Haazen, and neither one of them would have been sure that the Gauntlet would have provided protection against being in the heart of a sun for a few moments (and then falling thousands of feet). It was simply "you get me the control device -- I'll get you clear and handle Haazen." There wasn't time for more between them -- there only being a few minutes between the appearance of Haazen on the monitor and Gryph's appearance on the balcony.

Republic forensics wouldn't have turned up much at all from the garden, so the default assumption of his death all around is understandable in that light.

24. Wordslinger

Jan 5, 2009
    Thanks for clearing that up for me Mr. Miller. Keep up the good work.

25. AdmiralNick22

AdmiralNick22 Retired Fleet Admiral star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2003
    Hmm, the art in that preview is pretty good. Not the norm that comic fans are used to, but damned fine art and good ability to draw character faces. The artist can obviously draw one damned fine Trandoshan, female Arkanian offshoot, and human male. For a SPLIT second, I though that the preview was going to establish who the Republic's Supreme Chancellor was in the KOTOR-era. :p

--Adm. Nick

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.