main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Would you like to be in a Star Wars novel?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by KarenMiller, Apr 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kol_Skywalker

Kol_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 9, 2006
    What is Sean Williams new novel? Any word from Sue Rostoni?

2. Eyrezer

Eyrezer Jedi Master star 3

Aug 4, 2002
    I definitely agree with this idea. I'd definitely put $10 or $15 towards the chance, but I won't be bidding the amounts I'd need otherwise. Any chance the fundraiser for Sean Williams character could be done this way?

3. accrispin

accrispin Author of the Han Solo Trilogy star 1 VIP

Jul 11, 1998
    This is a great idea!

I did something similar when I was doing the Han Solo Trilogy all those years ago. I auctioned off the chance to be the Imperial Captain that pulled Han over and forced him to dump that load of spice, thus setting his portion of the Star Wars plot in motion.

I auctioned it to benefit the SFWA Emergency Medical Fund. Many freelance writers have no insurance, so SFWA helps during medical emergencies.

Two fans got together and pooled their money, so I invented a name that was a take off on each of their names for the Captain.

I wish you good luck with this, Karen. I hope the auction goes really well.

-Ann C. Crispin

4. HedecGa

HedecGa Jedi Master star 4

Apr 19, 2006
    Wow, I didn't know that! How cool! What was that character's name?

5. Kol_Skywalker

Kol_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 9, 2006
    Anyone know?

6. Cull_Tremayne

Cull_Tremayne Jedi Master star 2

Jun 27, 2005
    Tybert Capucot. Try to figure out the original names.

7. NelanisGhost

NelanisGhost Jedi Youngling star 4

Jun 24, 2006
    Are you still lurking here? lol..

8. Master_Keralys

Master_Keralys VIP star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 8, 2003
    She and a few others. Every once in a while I look at when the last time people logged in was... you'd be surprised who lurks, and how often. ;)

Thanks again to Karen (and Sean!) for organizing this. It's pretty swell, and a very good idea.

9. KarenMiller

KarenMiller Author: -Wild Space star 1 VIP

Mar 6, 2009
    Thanks, Anne, and thanks everyone for the support. The auction is going great guns, and will make a wonderful contribution to the overall fundraising efforts to help the victims of this disaster.

10. KarenMiller

Mar 6, 2009
    Thank you! February is generally our worst month for fires -- it's usually hottest then, and the tail end of summer down under. Every couple of decades we get a particularly bad run of it, in various places around the country. I've lived through a few bushfires myself, and fought them with a garden hose, so it means the world to me that the fans are so supportive.

And thanks for the kind words re Wild Space! I had so much fun writing Palpatine. *g* I got to let out my inner dark lord ...

11. Robimus

Robimus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 6, 2007
    This is a very cool idea, best of luck Karen:)

And of course Sean William's next novel is going to be about the continuing adventures of the Widowmaker captained by Arien Yage in the unknown regions.......:p What, it could be :D

12. Qui-Gon_Reborn

Qui-Gon_Reborn Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 11, 2008
    Nice...[face_laugh]

Good luck with this excellent idea, Karen!! I'll sure as heck try and get my mom to bid!! :eek:

13. KarenMiller

Mar 6, 2009
    There are roughly 4 hours left before the SW charity auction closes. The bid for being in my SW novel currently stands at $911 -- Aussie currency. So if you're thinking of jumping on the bandwagon ... jump now!

14. Qui-Gon_Reborn

Qui-Gon_Reborn Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 11, 2008
    My mom bid on your novel, Karen, but we lost. :(

Glad to see the auction was successful, though! I noticed that, at one point in time, the same bidder had the winning bid on both novels. This was sort of off-putting, as it wasn't a very considerate thing to do...did they win both, I wonder?

15. KarenMiller

Mar 6, 2009
    So the auction is over, and the winning bid for my book was $1725.00. I am stunned and amazed and so, so grateful. Thank you everyone, for taking part and being so supportive. Fans are the best.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.