main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series How Should Darth Maul Return?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Garth Maul, Feb 24, 2011.

?

How Should Darth Maul Return?

Poll closed Dec 21, 2011.
  1. No. Just no.

49.5%
  2. Force Ghost

0.9%
  3. Holocron

0.9%
  4. Somehow Fully Restored

3.7%
  5. Another Brother

1.8%
  6. Cloned

2.8%
  7. Top Half alive somehow (robo-legs or other)

20.2%
  8. Talzin is lying. IT'S A TRAP!!!!

15.6%
  9. Mortis-esque "Force Nexus" place

2.8%
  10. Frozen (Carbonite or other)

1.8%
  1. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    Maul in TCW?

[image=http://www.gifbin.com/bin/092009/1253886001_office-no.gif]

:p

2. Darth_Tarkus

Darth_Tarkus Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 10, 2011
    @GG I love the U.S. The Office. [face_laugh]

Well I thought about it and I'm still not gonna vote. I didn't think it made sense to figure which option I would go with since they could go with that option, execute it horribly, and leave me wishing they hadn't done it at all anyway. There's just way too many variables for me to pick one and say that's the way to go. It all depends on how they do whatever it is they do.

3. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    It's awesome, but too bad Steve Carrel is leaving the show after this season. :(

4. Darth_Tarkus

Jan 10, 2011
    Yeah man, that is really depressing. I am concerned for the show.

5. Jedi_Kenobi32

Jedi_Kenobi32 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 24, 2005
    I've conducted an interview with an individual known as Yes Man, a man who answers yes to every question.

Me: Hello. Today I am interviewing Yes Man, a man who answers yes to every question. Is that correct?

Yes Man: Yes, yes it is. Now ask away.

Me: Okay. Do you like ice cream?

Yes Man: Yes.

Me: And do you think puppies and kittens are adorable?

Yes Man: Yes.

Me: And should Darth Maul be brought back to life in the Star Wars: The Clone Wars television show?

Yes Man: No.

Me: I thought you would answer yes to every question.

Yes Man: Not anymore.

[face_mischief]

6. Darth_Tarkus

Jan 10, 2011
    It's gotta be done right or not at all, that's what I've said since the beginning, and that's what I'm stickin' with. They could make something thorough or something cheap, but I won't know till I see it. (I get that to some people it's automatically cheap, hence the poll results thus far.) And Michael Scott is the best television character since Archie Bunker. :D

7. Darth_Hydra

Darth_Hydra Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 14, 2001
    Voted for the "No. Just no." option. It's already bad enough we have his brother running around. I just hope we don't see a (living)Maul/Oppress team-up anytime in the near future.

8. koonfan

koonfan Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 15, 2008
    I had accidentally posted this in the Which is Better thread. Silly me. [face_laugh]

I voted robo-legs just because I could. :p

Though I can imagine a mix between Talzin misleading him and Mortis. Not to say that Maul is now a Force Ghost, but rather that Savage will be lead to a place so dark in the Force that he'll experience a vision or something.

9. Darth_Gamek

Darth_Gamek Jedi Master star 6

Aug 10, 2009
    Somehow fully restored...via Nightsister magic!!!

Robotic legs won't be bad either.

10. AhsokaMiro

AhsokaMiro Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 21, 2008
    If he is alive, then clearly he should be killed by Qui-Gon. Who was somehow restored to life after having been skewered by a lightsaber and then burned on a pyre, all of which is still less lethal than what happened to Maul.

11. Swashbucklingjedi

Swashbucklingjedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2010
    Nightsister magic is even more useful explanation like monkeylizards[face_plain]

Nightsisters obviously didn't restore him so... no- definitely no

12. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    The Robo-Legs just seems too recycled from Visionaries to me, although that hasn't really stopped them before.

Consider this: if Maul is alive, does Palps know about it? Why is he in the Outer Rim?

13. Fat_Rancor_Keeper

Fat_Rancor_Keeper Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 17, 2010
    This is all Obi Wan's fault!!!

He should have sliced him in half vertically not horizontally.

14. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    Then we really would have two of them.

15. Robimus

Robimus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 6, 2007
    I wouldn't care if they simply dropped the plot point altogether and just forget the whole idea.

So, I'm in the no, not ever camp.

Of course that wouldn't serve the story they have already begun to tell, but thats how I feel.

16. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
    I went for the Robo legs because now that it seems pretty obvious that he IS back, that seems like the most feasible option. In an ideal world though, I'd rather he stay dead and we get a Sunday spinoff documenting his new early life.

17. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
    Nah he should've chucked him into the nearest Sarlacc pi...oh wait.

18. Anakin_Prime

Anakin_Prime Jedi Master star 2

Feb 27, 2005
    I dug up this login/password from the grave (wasn't easy, haha) just to throw my 2cents into this topic.

My answer is:

Hell No! There isn't a explanation in the world that would make this seem possible to me.... If he does come back (for real!), where does it end!?!?! Are we going to have Anakin cheat on Padme and have another Skywalker running around somewhere? I already have been a bit peeved at some of the lastest things i've seen, but this would be ridiculous. *Rant over... I have been keeping that in way too long... Ugh..*

I may as well post some more since I now have my login/password back.. [face_peace]

19. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    Maybe Zabraks are like planarians, and if you cut them in half you eventually just end up with two normal-sized Zabraks.

20. Humble_Jedi

Humble_Jedi Jedi Master star 4

Oct 14, 2004
    Well in that case, welcome back to LACWAC! :D

21. Anakin_Prime

Anakin_Prime Jedi Master star 2

Feb 27, 2005
    Thanks! I've seen all the eps, and have checked in often. So you can sort of say I have been spying. haha

22. Swashbucklingjedi

Oct 3, 2010
    That's quite a clear retcon and very ridiculous considering the fact that they are very humanlike and he supposedly dies in TPM- if he now suddenly is like Durge....:oops: then they can do anything.... plus no one have seen Maul in over ten years so if he is alive and well why he is "hiding"?..... they really are messing with us now.....i don't think they make Maul to return "alive and kicking":p - he is halfdead at least- maybe cyborg but he must be "shadow of his former self"... or then he is clone or something

23. Darth_Tarkus

Jan 10, 2011
    Yeah, I really doubt they're going to make Zabraks a species that regenerates limbs in order to explain this.

24. Swashbucklingjedi

Oct 3, 2010
    Then they can recanonise Eeth Koth's 'death' on Geonosis- zabraks just never die[face_laugh]

I still think Admiral Trench is alive and kicking:p his kind could regenerate limbs etc. and episode guide never confirmed he died- usually they confirm deaths...

25. Darth_Tarkus

Jan 10, 2011
    People have voted for him to come back in full form or for it to be yet another brother, and still no votes for clone. Interesting... At least, more interesting than hearing all the complaints from the other thread about this being reiterated as predicted.