main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Sue Rostoni Retiring on July 2011

Discussion in 'Literature' started by vong333, Jun 9, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediMatteus

JediMatteus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 16, 2008
    hmnn... is there any good new left for star wars eu fans? Is this the beginning of the end?

2. xoubara

xoubara Jedi Master star 2

Mar 4, 2003
    Hey!

I wanted to add my farewells to Sue, and thank her for everything she has offered to us.

You will be missed!

3. SueRostoni

SueRostoni VIP VIP

Jun 10, 2011
    Hi --
    I just listened to the Forcecast Microcast that was about my leaving Lucasfilm -- there was a question about the folks from Lucasfilm who are acknowledged in the comics so I wanted to let you know who they are.

Jann Moorhead is the attorney who creates the contracts with the publishers.
    David Anderman is the head attorney in the business affairs division.
    Troy Alders is the art director here in licensing.
    Leland Chee you know -- the keeper of the holocron.
    and Carol Roeder is my boss, the director of publishing.

One other thing that I'd like to explain is the character Eeusu Estornii -- The character wasn't actually named after me in the usual sense. There were a handful of characters in Revenge of the Sith that didn't have names. The characters were sent around to a group of us and I was given the opportunity to pick a character and name it, which I did. So I rather named the character after myself -- it was nice to be included in the group that got to do this, but it's not like somebody named this character after me (well, I guess I'm somebody...).

Thanks!

xezene likes this.
  4. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    Admit it Sue, you have written multiple fan fictions focused on the exciting world of politics in the Galactic Senate, starring chocolate lover Senator Eeusu Estornii.

5. SueRostoni

SueRostoni VIP VIP

Jun 10, 2011
    You have me now! :cool:

6. Jeff_Ferguson

Jeff_Ferguson Force Ghost star 5

May 15, 2006
    I've always wondered that. Thanks for the info!

Who was Amy Gary, by the way? Back in '06/'07, I think, it was just you, Leland, and Amy Gary who got the thank yous.

7. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    Thank you for these quotes:

You'd think this would be common knowledge, but it gets a surprising amount of pushback in certain quarters.

8. firesaber

firesaber Jedi Master star 4

Mar 5, 2006
    You can say what you want about the EU, etc but the fact that Sue has been in the trenches all these years really says something about her and about LFL. There have been a very small handful of cultural phenoms in the last 30 plus years and farther back, i.e. Star Trek. That being said though, LFL via Sue has been the only one that has actually appointed a caretaker of that which we all love.

I'm 34 now and I remember being a teenager when I saw Heir To The Empire at the bookstore in the mall. I had been a huge SW fan as a kid thanks to my mom but with no real internet then I figured at that point in my life SW was dead. I grabbed that book first chance I got and haven't looked back. Now, I'm able to share all the things that have come since with my sons.

Her efforts have helped take SW so mainstream that grown men (firemen at that) can be stationed thousands of miles from home and swap the star wars comics and books thier wives sent them. Who'd have thought that???

I tip my hat to Sue as she has hung in there all these years despite the vitriol that has come along with some of the EU stuff, and thank you for the memories you've helped create. I wish her the best of luck!

9. SueRostoni

SueRostoni VIP VIP

Jun 10, 2011

xezene likes this.
  10. son_of_skywalker03

son_of_skywalker03 Force Ghost star 4

Dec 7, 2003
    Why do the big(ger) announcements always seem to happen when I'm away from the boards?!

11. Riven_JTAC

Riven_JTAC Jedi Master star 4

Jun 28, 2011
    I would kill to intern for these people. I know LFL has a legal internship, but my guess is that my grades are not good enough for it... and I live on the east coast and I go to the #60 law school, while they probably get their interns from Stanford. lol

12. TheNewEmpire

TheNewEmpire Jedi Master star 3

Aug 12, 2007
    Thats because many of the novels are frankly better than many of the movies and certainly the current toon show.

In my humble opinion cannon should be decided by QUALITY not medium...

13. son_of_skywalker03

son_of_skywalker03 Force Ghost star 4

Dec 7, 2003
    *boom*

14. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    Since "quality" is subjective and dependent on personal opinion, there's no way that could ever work.

15. TheNewEmpire

Aug 12, 2007

=D=

Sorry, I meant to write canon. I would edit my post for you but I ran out of time.

16. TheNewEmpire

Aug 12, 2007
    I suppose so, but I don't know too many people that think TPM is better than say Heir to the Empire.

I know Star Wars is GL's baby and he can do whatever he wants to do with it, but just because he can, SHOULD he?

I don't know, he seems to have absolutely no concern to re-writing classic star Wars lore that many people are intensely passionate about. Without those loayl fans that brought all those books and comic, where would he be now?

Sure, he'd still be rich from the movies, but no where near as powerful as he has become.

17. rebel_cheese

rebel_cheese Jedi Master star 4

Jul 6, 2006
    On topic, I wish Sue the best. She's been around for the vast majority of the SW novels I have read. It'll be strange to read novels without her being in charge and overseeing things. I hope she enjoys her post-SW life, wherever it takes her.

18. xoubara

xoubara Jedi Master star 2

Mar 4, 2003
    Any word on who is replacing her?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.