main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Will Savage ever surpass Darth Maul?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by DavidIX, Sep 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DavidIX

DavidIX Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 3, 2012
    Hello everyone.

Sorry if this has been debated before. Just like the title states. Will Savage Opress ever surpass his brother?

The only reason I ask and correct me if I'm wrong. But doesnt the voodu or dark force of mother talzin bring out a persons full potential per say? I mean not skill wise but strength and mental capacity?

I could be way off on this.

But besides that I do see a big difference between the two. So Maul obviously the more refined duelist. But Savage looks the part of a prodigy. The guy trains with Dooku for what seems like a week and He force chokes both Ventress and Dooku, takes on Anakin and Obiwan. And seamingly looks like a character that has unlimited potential. Considering how fast he has evolved his technique in dueling and understanding of the force..To me, he seems like a guy that will surpass Darth Maul. It's not a matter of if but a matter of when.

Your thoughts?

2. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
  3. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    MAJOR SEASON FIVE SPOILERS, READ AT YOUR OWN RISK:
    Savage is due to die before this will ever be known. Considering Savage is killed by Sidious and Maul is not can be some indicator of each's skill level. However it may be that Sidious just spared Maul to torture him, so who knows.

Personally I think Savage is weaker than Maul. And that 'training with Dooku for a week' is just how it was edited, that or a convenient plot. After all Savage was created as a Maul copy, but in the end Maul returned anyway so many believe Savage to be just a lesser version of Maul.

4. DavidIX

Sep 3, 2012
    I can't lie the spoiler has totally bummed me out..I hope it's not so.

5. Arrian

Aug 15, 2011
    Yeah, I made that up. :p

6. LadyTila

LadyTila Jedi Padawan star 1

Dec 13, 2010
    Savage would probably never surpased Maul coz Maul has heads up despite Savage`s previous warrior training on Dathomir.But I feel little disappointed coz when Savage came everybody were excited and I was expecting some badass but at the end he turned up to be other peoples pawn.I feel that he didnt get proper character.

7. Robimus

Robimus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 6, 2007
    There is always Talzin magic!

8. Koohii

Koohii Jedi Master star 5

May 30, 2003
    Only in being a more feeble and more poorly defined character.

Actually, now that I think about it, Savage has already surpassed Maul--he had more than 1 line of dialog and an actual back-story, on-screen where we could see it.

9. Arrian

Aug 15, 2011
    [​IMG]

Don't you dare, Filoni, don't you dare!

GGrievous likes this.
  10. Drewton

Drewton Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 8, 2009
    And I was going to say, sounds good...

11. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    He never will! It is Savage after all...

12. DavidIX

Sep 3, 2012
    I don't quite understand why there is so much animosity towards Savage Opress on these boards. I thought his development started off quite well. Yea he was a Maul clone, I understand that. But his back was surprisingly intriguing.

13. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    He was ok in the start but he has lost all usefulness and he is just a tool now with no purpose but to occupy space. That is mainly due to the fact that whatever he did is now done by Maul. Savage does not think or have thoughts - Maul does everything for him and tells him what to do.
    In the start he was introduced like the next big thing - the next Grievous, the next ultimate villain but that did not last long.
    He is basically now a glorified meaty version of the B1 battle droid and he is just as pathetic in S4.

14. DavidIX

Sep 3, 2012
    Well that would be another way to destroy a character. similar to what they did with grievous IMO. Introduce him guns blazing and just shoot him down like a clown. The Gungan scene with Grievous said it all for me. Total and utter failure on all accounts.

Back to Savage- If this is so, and he does not think for himself. Then that would be a total waste of time not only for a new character but for viewers like me that had a connection with the character. You see to me Savage looked like a person stuck within himself. The Nightsisters set out a plan for him, and maybe he just can't deviate from that path on his own will. But deep inside he's not a bad person. he was forced that way. There is so much to sympathize with the charcter you get drawn in to what he might become if he breaks free.

I dont know I guess I'm just disappointed in where they are taking Savage.

15. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    Yes

16. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    Don't want to troll the thread, but he will surpass him only in being derivative and general suckiness. ;)

17. Humble_Jedi

Humble_Jedi Jedi Master star 4

Oct 14, 2004
    I seriously came in here to post something along the lines of what GM just did. [face_laugh]

Although thinking about it, blabbering, moronic, spider-legged Maul is hard to surpass in terms of suckiness. [face_monkey]

Valairy_Scot likes this.
  18. Drewton

Jan 8, 2009
    Randy was a lot more interesting when he was working for the CIS.

Before "brother brother brother brother".

Mr. Atom Bomb likes this.
  19. Humble_Jedi

Humble_Jedi Jedi Master star 4

Oct 14, 2004
    Brother Brother Brother Brother Brother Brother Brother

Robimus and Drewton like this.
  20. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Maul is more powerful is Savage

21. KenobiSkywalker

KenobiSkywalker Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooo

22. Esg

Esg Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012

23. Koohii

Koohii Jedi Master star 5

May 30, 2003
    Savage has a backstory and dialog. Maul didn't. (Maybe he does now, but in TPM he had exactly one line. And he wasn't nearly as interesting as Boba Fett)

Dark Lord Tarkas likes this.
  24. Drewton

Jan 8, 2009
    The guy who got killed by a blind man with a stick?

Sitara likes this.
  25. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
    Marvin G. is rolling over in the grave right about now.
    Randy's mess, affects offends the dead.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.