main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit The mostly official Paul S. Kemp Duology thread (no, it's not canceled)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by max-attac, Oct 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. beccatoria

beccatoria Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 8, 2006
    It's true, much like Kyle Katarn, Havac's identity is a self-created, self-perpetuating ouroboros of awesome. Like a temporal riptide, Luceno was compelled to include the code-name in Cloak of Deception so that, years later, the way would be prepared for Havac, LIT MOD OF...no wait, now you're just Some Guy Who Moderates Lit. Seriously, Hav, work on your titles, it's hard to build up your legend otherwise...

ETA - aaaaaand ninja'd by instantdeath

Havac and Zorrixor like this.
  2. instantdeath

instantdeath Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 22, 2010
    It's okay, yours was better.

3. Havac

Havac Former Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 29, 2005
    I confuse myself when I try to read COD now.

4. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Everyone knows his name is just a misspelling of HVAC.

5. DarthJenari

DarthJenari Jedi Master star 4

Dec 17, 2011
    I'd certainly hope it doesn't get cancelled. I'm actually interested to see how they handle Jaden's character from here. Whether they accept him as the "real" Jaden or not. This is also a good opportunity to have some discussion on what makes a person who they are.

colojedi7 and GrandMasterKatarn like this.
  6. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    Hmm, I thought this wasn't linked to the Crosscurrent/Riptide books? Not that I'd object if it was!

7. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    There's literally no information about these books. Sue Rostoni said way back in 2010 that Paul Kemp was writing a duology. No era or release info or anything. Erich hinted that there probably won't be any announcements about this until early next year.

8. Ewok_Princess

Ewok_Princess Jedi Padawan

Mar 14, 2012
    From NYCC regarding Kemp duology, according to Frank Parisi: "Can't talk about it yet but it will f'ing blow your minds!" Link

9. Manisphere

Manisphere Jedi Master star 5

Aug 25, 2007
    So freakin' unveil it already. It's been two years. I'd rather my mind had been blown a year ago.

Jedi Ben likes this.
  10. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Yeah, this is going to be forgotten unless they actually put out something to hook people.

11. Hope

Hope Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 27, 1999
    Seriously? If you want to blow our minds then tell us about the damn books already! What is the hold up??

12. Zorrixor

Zorrixor Chosen One star 6

Sep 8, 2004
    Blow our minds... yes... that's indeed what a cancellation in twelve months time will do.

13. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    I'll believe it when I see it. Referring to the blown minds. I have to say the Kenobi book blew my mind since it was so unexpected.

14. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    You guys have to consider; we're the very small minority when it comes to knowing every detail about the publishing schedule. The average fan who just reads the books hardly knows about these books until they either see them in store or in ads on retailers like Amazon. We're lucky we know about this at all. Did they announce it too early? Perhaps. But it was Sue Rostoni who announced it, and she tended to tell us about books 2 or 3 years in advance. I trust that they know what they're doing with this, especially Kemp. He's a good author and a good guy. Have faith.

15. Allana_Rey

Allana_Rey Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    I really want to know what it is.

16. julioangelortiz

julioangelortiz Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 30, 2007
    Yeah, me too. I'm intrigued by the couple of references I've seen online that this duology is going to be different from anything we've seen before in the EU.

17. Allana_Rey

Allana_Rey Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    Maybe it's set in a alternate universe?

18. julioangelortiz

julioangelortiz Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 30, 2007
    You mean, like an Infinities story? Wouldn't be too crazy about that idea but I'd be open to giving it a shot. As long as it's not "alternate universe" in the sense of "hyperspace accident brings Mirror Universe evil Luke - goatee and all - to our galaxy far, far away"...

19. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    I think they're not telling us so we're not disappointed if it's cancelled, like we were with Blood Oath (and Darth Plagueis for a few years).

20. cthugha

cthugha Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 24, 2010
    IIRC the topic has come up fairly regularly over the last 2 years, even though we never got to hear anything new. I guess Kemp's track record and the over-the-top secrecy surrounding this (qualitatively different from the let's-just-not-mention-it silence prior to Mandorla's cancellation etc) were/are enough to keep us on the track.
    Also, I like the idea of having a potentially mind-blowing announcement set for somewhere in the future. What with the Kenobi book, the Rebels series, the DotJ novel and Scoundrels, I think the last few months have been rather full of exciting announcements anyway, so no complaints on my side.

21. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    The problem is, the longer the wait, the greater the degree of anticipation and expectation - if the actual project itself then disappoints... well... boom!

Force Smuggler likes this.
  22. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    At this point, it's got to be either Infinities or late Legacy Era. Like old man Ben late. Nothing else could justify this kind of secrecy.

23. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    I would say Dark Empire but its a duology and not a trilogy. That's one of the only ways to blow my mind

24. Manisphere

Manisphere Jedi Master star 5

Aug 25, 2007
    a Legacy Comics era duology actually would blow my mind.

25. RC-1991

RC-1991 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 2, 2009
    Bib Fortuna and the Rise of the Dark Falls 2: Fall Harder

CooperTFN, cdgodin, Havac and 2 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.