main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC ~~** OFFICIAL **~~ WACKY NEWS DEPOSITORY THREAD. TOS MINDED. MOD APPROVED. PROBABLY

Discussion in 'Community' started by jp-30, Mar 9, 2010.

1. Aytee-Aytee

Aytee-Aytee Jedi Master star 5

Jul 20, 2008
    [​IMG]

Darth_Kiryan and Summer Dreamer like this.
  2. DantheJedi

DantheJedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 23, 2009
  3. Aytee-Aytee

Jul 20, 2008
    Monkey is dead ringer for Albert Einstein

Like the German scientist, the stump-tailed macaque is a rare breed – but his home is in Malaysia where he was snapped swinging from trees at Taiping National Park.

‘As soon as I saw the baby monkey, my very first thought was that it looked like Einstein and that I needed to get some shots of it to prove it,’ said amateur photographer Prof Mihail Nazarov, 66.
    ‘When I got back home, I looked back through the shots and could see the similarities between the monkey and Einstein even more.
    ‘I love these pictures and the feeling of capturing something which is so unusual and amazing.’
    Albert Einstein took his place in the history books in the early 20th century and is regarded as the father of modern physics for developing the E=MC² theory of relativity.
    His lookalike may not be a contender for the Nobel Prize but then again he is only a baby.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

4. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
  5. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
  6. Violent Violet Menace

Violent Violet Menace Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 11, 2004
    ^ I read the article. If he were their only child, I would understand their wish to collect his sperm as their only chance of getting grandchildren, and having some part of their son live on. But he's not their only child. They have another son who will presumably give them grandchildren, plus two daughters that were half-sisters to the brothers. I think they should let it go. After all, there's no guarantee that he would have given them grandchildren had he lived either. They should just consider it as if one of their sons didn't want children. Plus, if they want his legacy to live on, donating the son's (who is now braindead) organs would be a great way to do that, and in a way that will touch and help many families beyond measure. Although they may already be planning to do that.

Now to a more disturbing story: Man sues wife for being ugly, is awarded $120 000 in damages.

Juliet316 likes this.
  7. Aytee-Aytee

Jul 20, 2008
    Tennessee Man makes deathbed murder confession - then recovers

A Tennessee con confessed to a 17-year-old murder on his deathbed before making a miraculous recovery --- and will now spend the rest of his life in prison for the crime.

James Washington thought he was dying from a heart attack while in prison in 2009 when, in a last-ditch effort to clear his conscience, he told a guard that he murdered a woman named Joyce Goodener in Nashville in 1995, local NBC reported.

"He kind of got as best as he could, motioned, and said, 'I have something to tell you. I have to get something off my conscience and you need to hear this,’” the guard, James Tomlinson, told the station.

“He said, 'I killed somebody. I beat her to death.’”

Goodener’s body had been found in an empty house stabbed in the neck, set on fire and bludgeoned to death with a cinder block, the station reported.

Washington had been a person of interest, but investigators were never able to pin the murder on him and the case had gone cold.

"I didn't have any trust in the system. All of a sudden, I got this phone call and they said, 'We think we found him,'" Goodener's daughter, Sonya Kimbrell, said.

Washington, who was in jail for a separate crime when he confessed, tried to take back the deathbed confession in court, but was convicted of murder late last month.

He’ll serve at least 51 years in prison, the station reported.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/man-prematurely-deathbed-confession-article-1.1197210#ixzz2BbFX0NZu

Violent Violet Menace likes this.
  8. Violent Violet Menace

Aug 11, 2004
    [​IMG]

Bummer for him. :p Can't say I feel very sorry for him, though.

Juliet316 likes this.
  9. Aytee-Aytee

Jul 20, 2008
  10. Aytee-Aytee

Jul 20, 2008
  11. Violent Violet Menace

Aug 11, 2004
    A woman in Arizona ran over her husband in a parking lot because he didn't vote.

12. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Saw that one in the Election Day reaction JCC post.

13. Rogue1-and-a-half

Rogue1-and-a-half Manager Emeritus who is writing his masterpiece star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 2, 2000
    Before or after the results?

14. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    After. She voted for Romney according to the news reports and was upset that he didn't vote.

15. Rogue_Ten

Rogue_Ten Chosen One star 7

Aug 18, 2002
    crazy lady doesnt understand the electoral college. typical

Summer Dreamer likes this.
  16. Lady_Sami_J_Kenobi

Lady_Sami_J_Kenobi Jedi Master star 6

Jul 31, 2002
  17. Aytee-Aytee

Jul 20, 2008
    1. I always thought that was a woman....

[​IMG]

18. Bender666

Bender666 Jedi Knight star 2

Oct 30, 2012
  19. DantheJedi

Aug 23, 2009
    I always knew McAfee products were a bit suspicious.

20. Violent Violet Menace

Aug 11, 2004
  21. TheGuardianofArlon

TheGuardianofArlon Jedi Master star 6

Feb 26, 2007
    It's been done before

22. Violent Violet Menace

Aug 11, 2004
    What he did has been done before or an article about him has been posted before? If it's the former, someone has tattooed a campaign logo/slogan on their face before? If that's true, that makes me sad for the state of humankind. [face_plain]

23. TheGuardianofArlon

TheGuardianofArlon Jedi Master star 6

Feb 26, 2007
    People have done it before. One guy had a temp one done to advertise, but none the less it isn't new.

24. Aytee-Aytee

Jul 20, 2008
    In other political news...with all of the hub-bub over people petitioning the President for secession of their state....

It turns out that one of those petitions was triggered in part by the closure of a topless car wash.

I **** you not.

25. DantheJedi

Aug 23, 2009
    [​IMG]

Juliet316 likes this.