main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Canderous and Cade's Crazy Cantina: a shiny new fanfiction social thread!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Commander-DWH, Aug 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. moosemousse

moosemousse CR Emeritus: FF-UK South star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    I'm trying not to think about Episode 7 at all. I'm torn between excitement because yay it's a new Star Wars film, but also worried and angsty in case it tramples all over EU and disregards it completely. But then it could be in a whole other part of the galaxy and doesn't contradict EU and adds characters, and new characters means more to play with, which is good for fanfiction, but then there could be another Jar-Jar, and it's all getting so stressful I think I need a lie down.

Why they couldn't have put this off until after November I don't know, because that's all I'm going to be thinking about while trying to write my NaNoWriMo novel!

*takes a deep breath*

[:D] to everyone who has actual problems to deal with.

2. lazykbys_left

lazykbys_left Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 17, 2005
    At the moment, I am a) worried about Disney's infamous stance on copyright and b) grinning evilly at the hoops the continuity people at LFL are going to be jumping for E7.

Personally, I'm kinda hoping whoever writes E7 will ignore the EU and just concentrate on making a good sequel.

3. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
    I won't mind if it's not related to EU, I just don't want it to contradict or rewrite EU.

4. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    We now have an Episode 7 forum for all your speculating needs! Find it HERE!

(It's fine to talk about it here as well, just thought I'd let you know we now have an official place!)

5. Skywalker_T-65

Skywalker_T-65 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 19, 2009
    Ahh...the first official movie forum since ROTS.

*preps for Newbies flooding the boards, and hopes the Creche gets more people*

6. Jaya Solo

Jaya Solo Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 12, 1999
    Newbies or Oldbies coming back wondering what the heck happened to the forums. This is going to take some getting used to.

7. RK_Striker_JK_5

RK_Striker_JK_5 Force Ghost star 7

Jul 2, 2003
    Great. We're gonna need another move to deal with the new flood of newbies. ;)

8. TrakNar

TrakNar Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 4, 2011
    I just want to pretend that this week never happened. But I'm reminded constantly that it did and it's still going on. If only Sandy would have wiped Gettysburg off the map...

9. DaenaBenjen42

DaenaBenjen42 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 15, 2005
    Gettysburg... Trak, you're going to have to explain that one a little more, because you just confused me.

10. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    I live in Gettysburg and it was in the path of Hurricane Sandy.

11. DaenaBenjen42

DaenaBenjen42 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 15, 2005
    Ah. And aside from the storm damage, how are you holding up?

12. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    Pretty good. Went through three steps of Disney-Lucasfilm grief already. Started off in denial, then I was angry. Now, I'm more numb or accepting. Shouldn't be too long before I move into excitement and apathy. I'm hoping apathy comes first.

And last night, I dreamt that someone snuck up behind me and grabbed my neck. I told them to let go or else I will flip them. They didn't let go, so I grabbed their arms and flipped them. I woke up while judo-flipping my pillow.

13. LexiLupin

LexiLupin Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 27, 2011
    I'm still decidedly angry about the Disney thing. But I have a busy weekend ahead to help me cope, I guess.
    Oh, but then I have to start getting twitchy about the upcoming election. Hm... guess that's when I'll start using Star Wars and Disney to distract me.

14. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    I have a weekend of laundry and housework to look forward to. Should keep me focused. I should get a screwdriver in the meantime so that I can put together my drafting table... Then, I can get a chair for it. Then, I can draw at it.

15. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
    I'm not worried about the actual buyout of Lucasfilm. As far as Episode 7 is concerned, it's like a box with 'Episode 7' written on it, and that box could contain anything, even the most perfect Star Wars film. Time will tell if it's something to be excited about, and I hope it is.

Also, judo throwing your pillow? That's pretty awesome.

16. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    A nice warning to anyone who would ever room with me. I may judo throw them in my sleep. XD

17. lazykbys_left

lazykbys_left Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 17, 2005
    About the Disney thing - I found this comment over at the Darths & Droids site that pretty much sums up my feelings on E7:

If the new movie sucks, we will redeem it. On the other hand, if the new movie is awesome, it will be awesome. You can't lose.​

jcgoble3 and DaenaBenjen42 like this.
  18. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    I'll judo-throw the movie in my sleep.

19. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    I told a friend I was concerned about the Disney move because if you look at my top ten characters from Star Wars...only three of them were in the movies.

20. JediMara77

JediMara77 Force Ghost star 4

Mar 5, 2004
    I'm so excited. :)

21. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    I think I've gone through the 5 or how many stages. I'm excited now. We're used to the big guys pooping on canon, so if they do, will it be anything new to us? If it completely sucks, oh well. They can't take away what we have right now. If it's awesome, then it'll be awesome.

I just hope there'll be a hot lead for me to drool over.

22. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    I can just see it now--Justin Bieber as Luke Skywalker. That will get a whole new generation of young fangirls. Miley Cyrus as Princess Leia and Zac Efron as Han Solo. And they all will be wearing purity rings...so no bootknocking. Sorry folks. This is Disney! No sex...just dead mothers.

23. Skywalker_T-65

Skywalker_T-65 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 19, 2009

WHY??!!! I can't get that out of my head now :p

24. RK_Striker_JK_5

RK_Striker_JK_5 Force Ghost star 7

Jul 2, 2003
    Wow. Ah, I don't think it's gonna be that bad. Anyone remember this little movie they did called The Avengers?!

25. JediMara77

JediMara77 Force Ghost star 4

Mar 5, 2004
    Yeah. Just because Disney owns Lucasfilm, doesn't mean it's going to be a Disney movie.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.