main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Official Info Mark Hamill and Carrie Fisher were told August last year

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by Saurion-Fett, Oct 31, 2012.

1. Saurion-Fett

Saurion-Fett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 3, 2001
    I have posted this in other threads so please remove if not needed....

This show that the stories are lucas driven and that he had planned to do them but passed them on to be done.

the fact that he meet with both actors would have been a bit more than "hey just letting ya know"

That disney could be much futher down production plans than oriinaal thought.

see below
    http://insidemovies.ew.com/2012/10/31/mark-hamill-star-wars-episode-vii-disney/
    Mark Hamill weighs in on the future of 'Star Wars' -- EXCLUSIVE

by Josh Rottenberg
    Tags: George Lucas, Mark Hamill, Star Wars
    [​IMG]
    Image Credit: Gustavo Caballero/Getty Images
    Tuesday’s news that George Lucas is giving the keys to the Star Wars universe to The Walt Disney Company in a $4.05 billion mega-deal surprised fans around the world, including some famous filmmakers who grew up on the franchise. It even caught a key figure in that universe—Luke Skywalker himself, Mark Hamill—by surprise. Reached by EW, Hamill—who currently does voice work on no fewer than four animated series and will co-star in the upcoming crime thriller Sushi Girl—shared a few thoughts on where Star Wars and its fabled creator go from here now that Lucas is handing over the reins (and the light sabers and blasters and all the rest) to new custodians and the next generation of filmmakers.
    Entertainment Weekly: What did you make of the big news yesterday?
    Mark Hamill: Oh my gosh, what a shock that was! I had no idea that George was going to sell to Disney until I read it online like everybody else. He did tell us last summer about wanting to go on and do [Episodes] VII, VIII, and IX, and that [newly appointed Lucasfilm president] Kathleen Kennedy would be doing them. He seems to be in a really good place. He’s really happy. And that’s nice because I know that when we were making the movies, he was not a jolly guy on set. [laughs] I always felt badly for him because he agonizes over details, and I’m sure after imagining it in his head for so many years, to see it realized—he’d look up and just hang his head and groan. Harrison [Ford], Carrie [Fisher], and I were always trying to cheer him up and joke him out of his doom and gloom. I missed his call yesterday, but I spoke to him maybe three weeks ago. But until we know more, it’s hard to make any comment other than congratulations to George.
    EW: So you met with George this past summer and he told you about his plans to make another trilogy?
    Hamill: Yeah, last August, he asked Carrie and I to have lunch with him and we did. I thought he was going to talk about either his retirement or the Star Wars TV series that I’ve heard about—which I don’t think we were going to be involved in anyway, because that takes place between the prequels and the ones we were in and, if Luke were in them, he’d be anywhere from a toddler to a teenager so they’d get an age-appropriate actor—or the 3-D releases. So when he said, “We decided we’re going to do Episodes VII, VIII, and IX,” I was just gobsmacked. “What? Are you nuts?!” [laughs] I can see both sides of it. Because in a way, there was a beginning, a middle, and an end and we all lived happily ever after and that’s the way it should be—and it’s great that people have fond memories, if they do have fond memories. But on the other hand, there’s this ravenous desire on the part of the true believers to have more and more and more material. It’s one of those things: people either just don’t care for it or are passionate about it. I guess that defines what cult movies are all about. We’ll see. I’m anxious to know what’s going on, but the main story [yesterday] was the sale to Disney. I have mixed feelings about that, but they haven’t done badly by Marvel and the Muppets and Pixar. It’s one of those big decisions that at first seems unusual but then the more you look at it, the more it makes sense.
    EW: When you had lunch with George, did he get into any details with you about where the story would go in the next three films, or whether you would have a part in them?
    Hamill: Well, no, he was just talking about writers and the fact that he wouldn’t be directing. I guess he wanted us to know before everybody else knew. He said, “Now you can’t tell anybody!” [laughs] Even now I’m nervous about saying anything. I just don’t know!

Grain of salt

2. Saintheart

Saintheart Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 16, 2000
    Taken with big bag of NaCl, but still, I'd call this tentatively in favour of Hamill/Ford/Fisher being at least given a call on casting soon. :D

CaptainHamYoyo likes this.
  3. Luke_Sparkewalker

Luke_Sparkewalker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 23, 2001
  4. Rodimus1980

Rodimus1980 Jedi Knight

Nov 1, 2009
    He knows...

Jobertus, AdamQD and Obi-John Kenobi like this.
  5. Saintheart

Saintheart Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 16, 2000
    ...somehow...he's always known.

6. LawJedi

LawJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2009
  7. Kyle Katarn

Kyle Katarn Force Ghost star 6

Jul 10, 1998
    I'd love to have been a fly on the wall during that lunch.

8. CoolyFett

CoolyFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 3, 2003
    Glad to know, they know they are too old for this sort of thing.

9. ShaneP

ShaneP Ex-Mod Officio star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 26, 2001
    He would almost cetainly know by now. They plan on having these babies into theaters in two and a half years. They'll likely go before cameras sometime next year. Lucas likely gave Fisher and Hamill a heads up.

10. Saurion-Fett

Jul 3, 2001
    **** that was funny....oMG ...lmfao

11. rhonderoo

rhonderoo Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 7, 2002
    Wow. Can you imagine seeing these guys in these movies?

12. Saurion-Fett

Jul 3, 2001
  13. Saurion-Fett

Jul 3, 2001
    I picture Hamill as a "ben" and Carrie as what happened to her tie up....she could be on the council...

14. David_Skywalker01

David_Skywalker01 Jedi Master star 3

Nov 30, 2006
    Hamill on Twitter seemed like he was all for it.

600th Post! :D (It just took 6 years lol)

TheHuntressDiana and Gala like this.
  15. ShaneP

ShaneP Ex-Mod Officio star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 26, 2001
    Lucas pulled a classic head fake keeping this announcement secret. He had everyone thinking Kathy Kennedy and nothing Disney and certainly nothing like sequel trilogy.

SithStarSlayer likes this.
  16. Womprataouille1974

Womprataouille1974 Jedi Padawan

Oct 31, 2012
    So... that's a pretty strong hint toward Leia showing up. Well, she is a Jedi and a Skywalker, and Star Wars at its core is the story of the Skywalker family...

17. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    Wow, it's good that some people still know how to keep their mouths shut about spoilers. Kudos guys.

18. Saurion-Fett

Jul 3, 2001
    None of this is fact we are all just guessing at this stage

19. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    I'm not going to get completely excited about it, but I take that as a pretty good indicator that they will at least appear in some way, even if it's just a cameo. :D

20. Darth McClain

Darth McClain Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2000
    I'd prefer if it was a cameo, actually.

PrincessKenobi likes this.
  21. George Roper

George Roper Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 31, 2012
    My guess is that Luke turns to the dark side and uses Force lightning on Leia who uses her lightsaber to send the lightning back at him.

DarthLowBudget and Saurion-Fett like this.
  22. Debo

Debo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 27, 2001
    You are amusing no one but yourself, George Roper.

JoinTheSchwarz and harpuah like this.
  23. -polymath-

-polymath- SFF:F/TV Trivia Host star 4 VIP - Game Host

Jun 7, 2007
    I'm glad to learn that the relationship with the OT actors and GL is positive. It's always been positive but the fact that he confided in them about the ST is good news.

Just because he told them about it last year doesn't mean they're going to appear as Luke and Leia. Zombie Luke and Leia maybe but not necessarily the original versions of the characters.

Sent from TapaTalk HD

24. ObiMcD

ObiMcD Jedi Master star 4

Jul 31, 2000
    Do you think maybe we're looking at Luke, Han, and Leia in maybe a more diminished role and having their kids be the focus. Interested to see if Mara Jade shows up or if the sequels will blow the EU out of the sky.

Womprataouille1974 likes this.
  25. George Roper

George Roper Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 31, 2012
    That's all that really counts.