main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Speculation Will (Insert Character Name Here) Be in Episode VII?

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by Jordan1Kenobi , Oct 31, 2012.

1. Zer0

Zer0 Jedi Master star 3

Sep 3, 2012
    Yikes, I'm gonna stay away from this one.

2. Mehmeh

Mehmeh Jedi Youngling

Nov 1, 2012
    70 years old....born 36bby

3. DarthHutt

DarthHutt Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 2, 2000
    Many of you seem to be picturing the mildly annoying version of her from TCW.
    If she's in EP7, she'd be old and wizened (if she survived the Clone Wars and Order-66).

I wouldn't mind seeing her in a cameo or even a larger role where she assist's Luke in training new Jedi...just to piss-off the haters. :p
    They could even do ye olde, "I knew your father" schtick. o_O

4. PrincessKenobi

PrincessKenobi Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 12, 2000
    It's not that, I just don't think she'll survive TCW. And in some ways I think with that, there's some hook that she was conjured up by the force to try and help mold Anakin, but it fails. And no one talks about it because it's a joke that the order even tried it. But that is a discussion for a different forum.

5. Big Bad Yoda Daddy

Big Bad Yoda Daddy Force Ghost star 4

Mar 8, 2000
    Ah! Names from the past!

I have decided something.
    A Gungan Jedi.

Hear me out!

Gungan Jedi: "Hi guys, how's it going?"
    Human Jedi: "I thought Gungans spoke a little differently..."
    Gungan Jedi: "Ah damn, you must've met one from Naboo. I'm from the Gungan homeworld. Naboo is where we ship our idiots."

awesomejedi and Darthgoodguy like this.
  6. Wookiee_Vader

Wookiee_Vader Jedi Master star 2

Aug 21, 2007
    A friend of mine brought up the idea of an Ewok jedi earlier... my god...

7. Spazmatron

Spazmatron Jedi Padawan star 3

Sep 19, 2012
    Imagine if we got someone from Mortis? o_O

8. green_typewriter

green_typewriter Jedi Master star 1

May 5, 2004
    I saw Ewoks mentioned a few times earlier, and I have to say I'd love for an Ewok cameo ala Dark Empire.

9. Mehmeh

Mehmeh Jedi Youngling

Nov 1, 2012
    Of course Boba Fett !!!
    Wedge.
    Chewie..duh
    Various prominent Imperial officers that survived the battle of endor.
    The big three.
    Ackbar
    Hego Demask clone

10. Allana_Rey

Allana_Rey Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    I wouldn't mind seeing the Ewoks, TBH.

11. Gilrod

Gilrod Jedi Grand Master star 1

Apr 26, 2003
    As long as the droids are on the ride in some capacity, I'll be quite happy. There are plenty of other characters I would like to see, but R2 and 3PO are a must. And, I love the fact that R2 never had his mind wiped after all these years.

12. Allana_Rey

Allana_Rey Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    I also want to see Tarfful and Mallatobuck.

13. Kyle Katarn

Kyle Katarn Force Ghost star 6

Jul 10, 1998
    Seeing Lobot again would rock. Sure, the guy who played him has been dead for years, so he'd be a zombie cyborg, which would rock even harder.

14. PrincessKenobi

PrincessKenobi Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 12, 2000
    I don't get all the Ewok hate.

[​IMG]

15. DarthBlanco

DarthBlanco Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 11, 2004
    Nien Nunb.

16. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    Yeah, you'd rather have Hayden than Ewan? You think that would be the best for satisfying dramatic acting, really?

Anyway, I'd love a Force Ghost Obi-Wan but why does he have to be that old? A ghost should probably be able to present as any age. If that doesn't work I feel like intertrilogy Obi-Wan could easily have left holomessages for historical purposes. That's actually something I always wondered if he did.

17. DarthHomer

DarthHomer Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2000
    Hey, my login still works! Did I miss anything? :D

Anyway, the way I see it, there are several characters that MUST return, and others that it might be nice to see but aren't essential.

MUST RETURN:
    R2 and 3PO (since Lucas said they are the storytellers of the whole saga)
    Luke (someone has to pass the torch to the new generation of Jedi)

MIGHT RETURN:
    Han and Leia (but only if Harrison Ford agrees and they must server a purpose in the plot and not just be fan-pleasing cameos)
    Lando (how cool would it be to see him as President of the Galaxy?)
    Chewie (but they would have to ignore EU)
    Palpatine (as a ghost/clone but that's doubtful)

Other than those, I would like to see all new characters.

18. Buddha Fett

Buddha Fett Force Ghost star 4

Dec 18, 1999
    I did not intend for an EU debate in this thread...
    For those of you who are new to these boards, or may have forgotten:
    In the years before Episode 3's release, the man himself - Peter Mayhew - started a thread on the 3:SA board asking if he'd be in Episode 3.
    Needless to say, it caused quite a stir. I'm hoping he'll join us in the discussions this time around. So I wait.

^:)^

19. Wookiee_Vader

Wookiee_Vader Jedi Master star 2

Aug 21, 2007
    They aren't fixed points. I like (some of) the EU as much as the next guy, but I won't have a problem if they totally disregard it frankly. If you like, you can think of it as the EU being an alternate universe.

Hell, you think IG-88 being the Death Star in RotJ is a fixed point? After I read that story I put it down and thought... "we will never speak of this again...."

20. Eternal_Jedi

Eternal_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 3

Sep 12, 2001
    Unbeknownst to Han, Leia, and their children, Chewbacca was captured and frozen in carbonite around the events of Dark Empire. Before selecting Jango Fett as the template for the clone army, Palpatine first had the Kaminoans try building an army of cloned wookies. Chewbacca, a young and mighty wookie warrior, was among those wookies selected as a potential DNA donor. Ultimately, wookies proved too resistant to the modifications required to make them more docile and less independent, and it was decided that humans should be used instead. A few of these wookie clones survived, however, and when the resurrected Emperor discovered this, he located one of the Chewie clones, trained him, and had the real Chewbacca captured and replaced with the clone "Cheewbaacaa" acting as an informant and potential assassin. The resurrected Emperor had the real Chewie frozen in carbonite until he could devote the time to turning him to the Dark Side (as Darth Incomprehensible), but was killed by Luke and Leia before his plans could come to fruition.

However, in time, Cheewbaacaa overcame his brainwashing and came to love Han, Leia, and their children just as Chewbacca had. So it was the cloned wookie Cheewbaacaa that was killed by a moon falling on him, not the real Chewbacca, who was safely frozen in carbonite until many years later when Palpatine's former housekeeping droid stumbled upon him when dusting the attic.

So I definitely hope to see Chewbacca in Episode VII, and hopefully in more than just a cameo role!

21. Angel Eyes

Angel Eyes Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 1, 2012
    Chewie will def be back! Now that he's back we won't need jar jar! Chewie is the original hippie character. I always thought the whole jar jar thing was an attempt at replacing the Chewbaca character. Ugh. Just typing jar jar is annoying.

22. Angel Eyes

Angel Eyes Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 1, 2012
    Basically the Wookie and the two droids are a given.

23. LawJedi

LawJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2009
    Hippies don't pull peoples arms out of their sockets when they lose. Wookiees are known to do that.

Angel Eyes likes this.
  24. Eeth-my-Koth

Eeth-my-Koth Jedi Grand Master star 9

May 25, 2001
    No. Chewie died when a moon landed on him. EU SMH

25. Eternal_Jedi

Eternal_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 3

Sep 12, 2001
    Chewbacca's first line in Episode VII:

"Rowwwrrrrooowwwooorrrr!!!"**

**Translation: The moon found me rather... unsquishable, Solo.