main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Speculation Who/What DON'T you want to see in Epi. 7?

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by Dark_Lady_Swan, Oct 31, 2012.

1. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    I don't want to see Luke and Anakin's achievements at the end of RotJ become meaningless.

2. Qui_Za_Miokl

Qui_Za_Miokl Jedi Master

Nov 14, 2008
    I don't want to see a 3rd Death Star lol. The 2nd one was dumb enough.

I want Luke to seem like the most powerful force user in the saga and if a Jedi Order is already established I want it to be noticeably different then the prequel Jedi Order.

yodasbum, Vespasian and fishtailsam like this.
  3. Boxster

Boxster Jedi Knight star 1

Jul 13, 2005
    Ok, my turn! But its very similar to what a number of your already suggested.

No EU stuff!

Not another Death Star.

No Gungans, Ewoks and kids!

But its Disney, so there might be plenty more Ewoks and kids. [face_nail_biting]

B

4. Super_Battle_Droid

Super_Battle_Droid Jedi Master star 5

May 8, 2002
    Ahsoka
    Durge
    Any character coming back from the dead, or character that was thought to be dead.
    Darth Maul
    Jar Jar Binks

5. DealAlterer

DealAlterer Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 2, 2012
    I don't want to see anything that would be strictly fan service. For example, I just know they'll find a way to put Darth Vader in these movies if it f'n kills them. Even if it's in the smallest of capacities, the thought of smearing Darth Vader (and possibly Yoda) all over the new merchandise would just be too tempting for any studio to pass up. Unfortunately Darth Vader is dead. Yoda is dead. Boba Fett is dead. They belong nowhere in this new trilogy.

And most importantly, as I've said before... I'd prefer it if they ignored the prequels completely. Leave them in limbo and pretend they never happened. There is no need for this trilogy to have to reference anything that happened during them. I don't want to see one prequel element show up anywhere in the new movies. The only way to really restore and enrich the cultural legacy of Star Wars - in my eyes - is to wash away the stain those duds left behind.

We all know they exist, but please Disney... leave them in limbo.

Theo333, Heero_Yuy and Vespasian like this.
  6. fishtailsam

fishtailsam Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 30, 2003
    I was thinking, along the same lines as palpatine;

Force Lightning
    I know its awesome, and super cool and evil. but I would like a new iconic darkside power. Something that makes the HEROX (and the audiance) go, "Ohhhhh [face_praying] Effffffffff"

Vespasian likes this.
  7. Cyrax86

Cyrax86 Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 18, 2009
    No Death Star, Tatooine, Hoth, Bespin, Endor, Naboo, Kamino, Geonosis, Mustafar...

8. Vespasian

Vespasian Jedi Master star 2

Nov 1, 2012
    Gungans and Ewoks get no luuv here. Well, unless we go to Naboo or Endor again, they won't be featured heavily.

I'd have no problem with them, if they are kept in the background for a short amount of time. There was interesting Gungan bounty hunter in The Force Unleashed though...:D

But seriously, I doubt Lucasfilm and Disney will introduce more cutsie stuff after the RotJ and the TPM, but if they do, at least create something new that we can bash.

9. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    Yep. The most important thing they need to keep in mind. No destroying of what they did. Anything that concerns their future and what happens to their kids is fair game, though. This is why I am strict advocate of just jumping a hundred years ahead, so it avoids diminishing all their achievements.

10. Diggs

Diggs Jedi Master star 4

Oct 31, 2012
    Actually, there could be a way to get Vader in as a cameo and have it also work thematically.

NB - I'm not taking the EU into consideration at all as I don't know enough about it.

What if our hero is Luke's son or daughter and during their training which Luke is overseeing (as part of the trials?) they have a cave-like encounter with Vader, just as Luke did in ESB.

Obviously you put a fresh spin on it so it feels visually different but essentially you have a Vader apparition fighting his Grandson. The lesson learnt is that darkness rests in all of us (just as it did on Dagobah), only this time it is not the Padawan that has brought the darkness with them, it is a darkness that is still linked to Luke. This is how Luke's son learns of Vader's true identity (something that Luke and Leia have kept to themselves) and would prove a strong warning. I imagine that despite Jedi's quick wrap-up, it's likely that the truth about Vader would have had quite a lingering and profound effect on Luke.

It would be a like a combination of Luke's chat with Uncle Owen, Ben Kenobi's talk about Luke's father and the Dagobah cave all in one and is a legit, pre-established way to get Vader back on the big screen with cloning or time travel.

It may be too close to what we've already seen but if you could put a fresh spin on it it could work.

11. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    No resurrected dead characters. Nobody surviving getting bisected, tossed down a Death Star reactor shaft or thrown into a sarlacc pit. I'd rather watch a movie full of farting Gungans than that.

I'm debating whether I want to see any Skywalkers at all or whether a story with all new characters would be better. I'm leaning towards the latter, although I think a film centered around Luke and Leia's children, grandchildren or great-grandchildren would be fine.

I don't want new actors playing established characters.

12. Panakas_Dawg

Panakas_Dawg Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 29, 2004
    No
    Absolutely no
    Absolutely, unequivocally no
    Without even a mention, no
    Not even a reference
    No
    Tatooine.

Please. I am so tired of every character slumming through some Tunisian desert filled with huts and hovels. Go somewhere else!

13. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    No recasting of Luke, Han and Leia.

Hitchhiking-Ghost likes this.
  14. AronAgmar

AronAgmar Jedi Knight

Oct 31, 2012
    No EU!!!!!

15. Vid_The_Impaler

Vid_The_Impaler Jedi Youngling

Nov 4, 2012
    We don't need to worry about Star Wars being "Disneyfied" with lots of kids and cutsie characters running around. Lucasfilm will be making the movie, Disney just happens to own Lucasfilm now. Disney owned Miramax when Pulp Fiction was made, and that had rape, murder and drug abuse.

16. Darth Stream

Darth Stream Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 3, 2012
    No Expanded Universe - i love to read it but i don't feel that's a right way for SW movies.
    No for kids as a center heroes.

17. jedimikey

jedimikey Jedi Padawan star 2

Oct 21, 2012
    I don't want to see any recasting, none whatsoever. I don't want to see any kind of remake. I hope Disney doesn't add a new dorky-cutesy character of any kind. And no child should play a leading character (it obviously didn't work in TPM). A teenage lead might work, however. Also, the overall look/feel of the SW universe should not be changed.

18. JediKnightOB1

JediKnightOB1 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 26, 2003
    If any kid from radio Dizney is involved, if Lizzy Maguire or Hannah Montana ... I'm leaving Star Wars Forever.

19. Voss

Voss Jedi Padawan star 1

Nov 1, 2012
    No recasting...
    No Papa Palpie...

20. Yodahasgreenfeet

Yodahasgreenfeet Jedi Master star 4

Nov 4, 2012
    No Harrison Ford, I'm sorry...he has too big of a screen presence. Luke would be fine, but Harrison Ford would take us back to han solo, Indiana Jones and is just too bold and loud for a new film.

21. Kraven Head

Kraven Head Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 5, 2012
    Jar Jar and the flying fridge.

22. awesomejedi

awesomejedi Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 7, 2012
    No clones, Vong, child leads, One Sith, killiks, or mortis(however that's spelled.)

23. Han Burgundy

Han Burgundy Jedi Master star 3

Jan 28, 2013
    Star Wars has always thrived on it's unique blend of science fiction imagery and fantasy storytelling. Because of this, a lot of common tropes and themes of both genres have never been touched before in Star Wars, especially not in the films. Many of them for good reason.

For example, I would never want to see a "merits of artificial intelligence vs organic life" theme in a SW film. Star Wars droids are probably the only robots in science fiction that aren't constantly questioning the meaning of their existence, and I'm so happy for that. No need for Star Wars to tell a "thought provoking" (i use that lightly) story that's been done dozens of times.

24. LawJedi

LawJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2009
    Dystopian future. Just... dystopian future.

25. DARTHSHAME

DARTHSHAME Jedi Master star 4

Dec 19, 2003
    Time travel, either forward or backward. We need to focus on the here and now. Episode VII should be approximately 25-30 years after ROTJ.