main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

MOD Hey Where did my Thread Go? And some other fun stuff

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by PrincessKenobi , Nov 2, 2012.

1. PrincessKenobi

PrincessKenobi Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 12, 2000
    First off Welcome to Star Wars Episode 7 forum. You are probably wondering where did my thread go? Well we are merging threads to make sure we are clutter free for when we get some real news. We know you are very excited, because we are very excited. We have merged a lot of the speculation threads into the main one.

But why mine, and not his?
    Some of the threads have already gone well into 6+ pages of discussion, and instead of causing your discussion to become hidden under another discussion, we are keeping those separate.

Next thing you need to know, only 3 threads per day. Anything over this will be locked. We understand that you want to tell everyone how you think Luke is going to have a third mechanical arm in the movie and be more like Grevious. And we want you to talk about it. However we want to give everyone else a chance to ask questions and bring up points or thoughts.

Finally there will be an index, and you can look there before starting a thread. We are ending up with a lot of duplicate threads at the moment. So please just have fun and be respectful. We're all fans and we got a long wait ahead of us. Thank you.

2. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    Where did your thread what? :p

3. Debo

Debo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 27, 2001
    Where did that missing word?

4. PrincessKenobi

Aug 12, 2000
    I just saw it. lol I really need to work on my proof reading.

5. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    Lay off the.

6. WIERD_GREEN_MAN

WIERD_GREEN_MAN Jedi Knight star 4

Dec 16, 2010
  7. PrincessKenobi

Aug 12, 2000
    I don't think that will.

8. WIERD_GREEN_MAN

WIERD_GREEN_MAN Jedi Knight star 4

Dec 16, 2010
  9. Voss

Voss Jedi Padawan star 1

Nov 1, 2012
    Oh! I just realized it was missing a word! lol, well my mind spell checked it. Your good.

10. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    Her good what?

11. Voss

Voss Jedi Padawan star 1

Nov 1, 2012
    Princess Kens typo

12. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    Oh man.

13. Buddha Fett

Buddha Fett Force Ghost star 4

Dec 18, 1999
    We're all fine here now here, thank you. How are you? ;)

14. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    This is my *second* favorite thread on this board.

15. FORCEFED

FORCEFED Jedi Master star 5

Nov 27, 2002
    Oh, here's the fascism I remember so well from these boards.

Darthsuggs likes this.
  16. Darthsuggs

Darthsuggs Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 28, 2003
    I wish there was audio that played when a moderator locks a thread. Kinda like a caller being run on "The Jim Rome Show". You know for comic effect.

Kalontas and WIERD_GREEN_MAN like this.
  17. YODA the all powerful

YODA the all powerful Moderator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 5, 1998

18. Big Bad Yoda Daddy

Big Bad Yoda Daddy Force Ghost star 4

Mar 8, 2000
    Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords... Love it.

19. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    Huge... tracts of land.

20. Kalontas

Kalontas Jedi Youngling

Nov 2, 2012
    This, but replace a jingle with "Apology accepted, captain Needa"

JainaSoloYJK likes this.
  21. Darthsuggs

Darthsuggs Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 28, 2003

That's a deal as long as we still get Rome doing the buzzer noise impression.

22. Captain_Typho

Captain_Typho Jedi Master star 5

Jul 30, 2003
    I'm going to be brutally honest with you. If this is how it's going to be, I'm outta here. There was never anything like this during the Episode 3 days. There were as many topics as you could dream of. You didn't have to live in fear of all this super control and micromanaging and feeling the need to control everything. I know there's other Hayden Christensen force ghost threads around the boards. But the one I opened today examined the implications of the decision George made and how it might impact Episode 7. I didn't see anything wrong with the thread, and it got a really good discussion going I thought. The excitement of Episode 7 brought me out of hibernation and back to the boards, only to have the first thread I opened deleted within half a day, not for spam, not for profanity, nor really for being repetitive. This action made me feel very unwelcomed here. Why should I bother coming here to post if half of what I'm going to post is going to end up getting deleted by a bunch of control freak happy moderators?

23. PrincessKenobi

Aug 12, 2000
    The post are not getting deleted. They are getting merged into one thread for the most part. If the threads were gaining decent discussion we did not merge them into the main thread. We are not going to merge everything. We're just trying to contain things so people can browse the forums better. There were several complaints about how clustered the forum was getting and it has only been open two days. Till there really is any news all that we have is speculation. I can promise you that your post have not been deleted nor have your discussions.

Jarren_Lee-Saber likes this.
  24. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Unlike the old boards, these boards only allow 25 topics to be shown per page (not counting stickies). That means that there might be a great deal of crowding out of worthy topics -- and given how busy this place is, and how much busier it's likely to get in the future, it's not fair to people if their threads get crowded out by duplicate threads.

We're not disallowing topics from being discussed -- we're just consolidating threads so that everybody's interesting topic has a chance to be read and discussed.

25. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    lol

JoinTheSchwarz likes this.