main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Speculation Will Disney listen to the fans and give them what they want?

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by Jimstarwarsfan, Nov 3, 2012.

1. Jimstarwarsfan

Jimstarwarsfan Jedi Padawan star 1

Oct 30, 2012
    As far as the PT, i felt GL never took on board the fans feelings, what they wanted to see instead took a stubborn approach. After all, the customers always right! Will the new Disney influence bring about a more fan influenced trilogy.

I for one know what sort of things i would like to see and i think a lot of fans would be on the same wave length in what they want out of this new trilogy.

2. Adrian the Cool

Adrian the Cool Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Always in motion the future is.

3. yodasbum

yodasbum Jedi Grand Master star 2

Nov 4, 2004
    Which set of fans do they listen to? The ones who the OT gang back. The ones who want an EU series made. The fans who want a reboot. Those who want Whedon. Those who want Jackson. Can't please 'em all.

4. the_sinister_hologram

the_sinister_hologram Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 3, 2012
    Are there any? [face_monkey]

5. GeneralCeel

GeneralCeel Jedi Padawan star 2

Nov 4, 2005
    Pandering to an audience is not how art is made.

Furthermore, its not Disney's (Who is Disney anyhow? People keep talking about Disney like its the Emperor. Disney is thousands of people and lots of companies.) call to make. Its Lucasfilm's call.

6. WIERD_GREEN_MAN

WIERD_GREEN_MAN Jedi Knight star 4

Dec 16, 2010
    Profits first. If they make fans happy that's a bonus.

7. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Will Disney listen to the fans and give them what they want?

Why do you think this forum is filled to overflowing with inspired, brilliant ideas... LFL uses everything they read on here. We are their idea generator.

WIERD_GREEN_MAN likes this.
  8. Billy_Dee_Binks

Billy_Dee_Binks Force Ghost star 4

Mar 29, 2002
    On the contrary.

I am glad GL didn't just remake the OT's formula with the PT, as most fans wished for, and apparently still do with the ST.

9. DarthLowBudget

DarthLowBudget Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 17, 2004
    Dude, the PT was totally dictated by the upset of the fans. AOTC and ROTS, while maybe not being what fans ended up wanting, were made entirely in reaction to people's negative opinions of TPM. That's why its loaded up stormtroopers and Boba Fett and all that sort of thing.

10. yodasbum

yodasbum Jedi Grand Master star 2

Nov 4, 2004
    I have seen a few mentions of it. I'm not one by the way.

11. Jimstarwarsfan

Oct 30, 2012
    My point is that the PT didnt exactly go down with thunderous applause! If every fan was honest they would have the Phatom menace remade. I still try to kid myself that it's great.

WIERD_GREEN_MAN likes this.
  12. GeneralCeel

Nov 4, 2005

Except George Lucas can be heard/read on the record a number of times talking about TPM needing to be the kind of lighter movie it was to contrast with Anakin's growing transformation, and the transformation of the Republic as a whole... TPM had to be more innocent. Revenge of the Sith had to be dark.

13. TheAvengerButton

TheAvengerButton Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 11, 2011
    No. It's Lucas's story. The more of it he tells and the less influence fans have, the better.

14. The Loyal Imperial

The Loyal Imperial Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 19, 2007
    "The fans" are not some collective entity with a single will and opinion. So which fans, then, do you think Lucasfilm should be listening to?

15. WIERD_GREEN_MAN

Dec 16, 2010
    It's nice to please hardcore fans (like us), but first the general audience must be taken care of. $$$

16. ezekiel22x

ezekiel22x Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2002
    I hope they give me what I want. For years I've been asking for an Updikian examination of Han Solo's post divorce, aging life. That and more IG-88.

Darth kRud likes this.
  17. WIERD_GREEN_MAN

Dec 16, 2010
    They won't, first part, def. Second part? hmm...

18. Billy_Dee_Binks

Billy_Dee_Binks Force Ghost star 4

Mar 29, 2002
    Oh yes, we must all be delusional and in denial. [face_plain]
    That's the kind of silly undercutting that's along the line of "the PT was really a box office flop". [face_talk_hand]

19. GeneralCeel

Nov 4, 2005
    Blaming money is overused. No artist, not even bad ones sit back and say “Well how can I make more money.” A story calls to you, it grabs hold of you, and you can’t resist telling it. Selling it is the marketing departments job.

20. WIERD_GREEN_MAN

Dec 16, 2010
    Right, but if Disney has to choose between getting millions to the cinemas, or filling the movie with some arcane, controversial stuff only the hard-core fans will be thrilled at, Disney will go the first way.
    Although the first way still has to be pretty good - this is how people are going to come back. Some fans saw ANH three times in the first week because they were blown away.

Jarren_Lee-Saber likes this.
  21. -NaTaLie-

-NaTaLie- Force Ghost star 4

Nov 5, 2001
    Please, the fans are not some hive mind with the single idea about what should or shouldn't be in ST. Some people actually loved Jar Jar, believe it or not. Does it mean we need more gungans?

22. GeneralCeel

Nov 4, 2005
    Again... not Disney's choice.

23. Chancellor_Ewok

Chancellor_Ewok Chosen One star 7

Nov 8, 2004
    They're not stupid enough to reboot the Saga. Lucas would't let them and the fans would crucify them. Besides, its such an expansive, that even if the did decide to do some kind of a reboot, they could do it with having to touch the Saga.

24. Jimstarwarsfan

Oct 30, 2012
    You really are in denial!!!

Do you really think The phantom menace was good then? Man that film was average to say the least. And as far as it's box office status, It's bloody Star Wars what do expect. the only reason i would watch it again is because it is Star Wars. I and i bet a lot more felt cheated by the Phantom Menace.

Remake it.....

TheMasterOfSoresu likes this.
  25. -NaTaLie-

-NaTaLie- Force Ghost star 4

Nov 5, 2001
    Boba Fett is a perfect example of (some) fans getting what they want and still bitching about it because it wasn't how they envisioned it.