main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Official Info Here we go again...

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by Grimby , Oct 30, 2012.

1. EviL_eLF

EviL_eLF Force Ghost star 5

Mar 16, 2003
    It's a popular thing to hate something that everyone loves... so those that do love it still say they hate it. People are lemmings.

JainaSoloYJK and Vicious Jedi like this.
  2. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    I think a lot of that happened with the PT movies... especially after some time had passed, and even among movie critics who actually gave at least one of the PT films a good review originally.

3. LANDO_ROCKS

LANDO_ROCKS Force Ghost star 5

Nov 28, 2002
    I am amongst only a few who liked TPM a lot.

4. LawJedi

LawJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2009
    I think what's amazing is how harmless those movies are. TPM is just a soft, kinda mild sci-fi movie with some interesting ideas and some fun characters and scenes made by a mellow dude who was a little out of practice, and probably a little too content in his existence. Just a guy playing with his toys, having fun doing new things with his franchise, and mixing up old patterns. But there's not a drop of malice anywhere in the movie.

But the response would make you think he was goosestepping around Skywalker Ranch, willfully stuffing childhoods into gas chambers. And every person who dislikes the movies has to tell you, as if they're sharing a facebook image about boycotting a chinese sweatshop.

5. Echo-07

Echo-07 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2012
    I liked the PT -- the whole thing. There are some tweaks I'd make but I think GL gets too much criticism for them. I didn't blame him for NOT wanting to make any more films.

6. Blue_Jedi33

Blue_Jedi33 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 12, 2003
    During the PT I was a posting manic, after the movies were finished I basically stopped posting on TFN, now I am back posting like a manic again, anybody else have the same fixation.
    Plus TFN forums went through a difficult time recently they got back up and running just in time for this.

Echo-07 likes this.
  7. The-Eternal-Hero

The-Eternal-Hero Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    VII = New Fixation.

8. Echo-07

Nov 9, 2012
    Ditto. It's been 7 years thereabouts since i came here. Nothing gets me as excited for SW as the movies and now we're secure for the foreseeable future. Love em or hate it's thanks to Disney.

Justs want to reiterate, I think we're in good hands. They seem to be killing it with the Marvel universe.

9. Suginami

Suginami Jedi Youngling

Nov 16, 2012
    I'll be dead by the time Episode VII comes out.

10. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    The world isn't ending this December, if that's what you mean?

11. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    How do you mean? :(

12. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    I think it's a figure of speech, like "disco is dead".

13. Grand_Moff_Jawa

Grand_Moff_Jawa Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 31, 2001
    I have to admit I was really shocked at the news. Not a fan of the PT, but since George isn't directing the ST, who knows what might happen.

14. EviL_eLF

EviL_eLF Force Ghost star 5

Mar 16, 2003
    You're not alone in this! [face_laugh]

15. TWISTY

TWISTY Jedi Padawan

Nov 17, 2012

Read my sig

16. Vicious Jedi

Vicious Jedi Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 1, 2012
    http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=97180

Brad Bird Says He Won't Direct Star Wars: Episode VII

Source: Brad Bird
    November 17, 2012

A top choice among fans since word of Star Wars: Episode VII first broke, director Brad Bird has, today, confirmed that he won't be involved in the production of the 2015 release. Instead, he plans to move forward with another project at Walt Disney Pictures, a science fiction film currently being called 1952.

Bird, who has directed films like The Iron Giant, The Incredibles, Ratatouille and Mission: Impossible - Ghost Protocol, finally broke his silence on Twitter this evening with the following tweets:

Details are few on the plot of 1952, but it's rumored to focus on a man who makes contact with extraterrestrial life and early word suggests that George Clooney could play the lead.

Star Wars: Episode VII, meanwhile, will move forward with a screenplay by Michael Arndt and a director expected to be named soon. The film is planned for a 2015 release and you can check back for more details as they become available.

(Photo Credit: PNP / WENN.com)

17. Echo-07

Nov 9, 2012
    So the pool thins even more. Could it be Vaughn then?

Of the guys who haven't publicly bowed out I'd like either Vaughn or Favreau.

18. The-Eternal-Hero

The-Eternal-Hero Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    Walter Murch.

19. InterestingLurker

InterestingLurker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2011
    The more I think about, the more it seems like it could be Colin Trevorrow, given Lucas's praise of him.

Of course, there's also the scary possibility that it could be M. Night Shyamalan. And yes, I do consider M. Night directing the next Star Wars movie a possibility.

20. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    Let's hope not. [face_sick]

21. LANDO_ROCKS

LANDO_ROCKS Force Ghost star 5

Nov 28, 2002
    I wouldn't see a M Night SW film, couldn't think of anything worse TBH.

Echo-07 likes this.
  22. Echo-07

Nov 9, 2012
    Thankfully he doesn't direct anything he doesn't also write.

23. InterestingLurker

InterestingLurker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2011
    You never know. Directing the next Star Wars film could land you a lot of fame. What if M. Night gets it into his head that directing Episode VII will save his already tarnished reputation? Let's not forget that he and Kathleen Kennedy have worked together before.

24. DarthMak

DarthMak Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 4, 2001
    Director announcement soon please. This is killing me!

[​IMG]

25. Echo-07

Nov 9, 2012
    You never do know. However, I find it interesting that his name hasn't coe up once in any of the articles relating to the director. At least none that i read.