main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC [Last Resort] ITT I answer your questions about how bad that show is

Discussion in 'Community' started by Souderwan, Sep 27, 2012.

1. Condition2SQ

Condition2SQ Jedi Master star 4

Sep 5, 2012
    The story it's telling appears to be way more suited to a mini-series rather than an open-ended series. The premise seems rather zero-sum, from what I can glean from the trailer. How are they going to extend the series if the show's a hit? Gilligan's Island style hijinks on the island?

2. Darth-Lando

Darth-Lando Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 12, 2002
    I liked it. Looking forward to next week!

3. Rebel_Padawan

Rebel_Padawan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 11, 2003
    I saw the first episode of Revolution and decided that series wasn't worth any further viewing so I was hoping Last Resort would fill that void.

To be honest though the only reason I would be watching Last Resort at all anyway is because it has Dichen Lachman in it.

4. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    Revolution is exec produced/created by Eric Kripke, who created Supernatural, the show that caters to it's more nuttier fans and fridges nearly every character on that show (especially the females) that aren't named Sam and Dean. So I took a pass on Revolution.

5. Souderwan

Souderwan Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 3, 2005
    Did you like Transformers, too? Just wondering.

6. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    Probably one of the most realistic depictions of submarine life since the post-mutiny scenes in Crimson Tide.

Souderwan likes this.
  7. Whitey

Whitey Jedi Master star 6

Jan 26, 2003
    No, it shouldn't have.

Darth Guy likes this.
  8. Darth-Lando

Darth-Lando Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 12, 2002
    No, not at all. I was never big into Transformers as a kid either though. So I never got blinded by nostalgia for it.

And I'm hardly the only one to like Last Resort. I can understand why veterans might not be thrilled by it, but I'm not about to let some misrepresentations of submarine life ruin an exciting drama for me. Sometimes you just have to roll with your suspension of disbelief.

9. PRENNTACULAR

PRENNTACULAR VIP star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 21, 2005
    I loved it. But in the "isn't that cute, some kids tried to make a show about a submarine" kind of way. I'll be watching next week, for the luls.

Souderwan likes this.
  10. Souderwan

Jun 3, 2005
    Fair enough. I'm going to watch next week and play a drinking game. Every time something completely ridiculous happens, I'll take a drink. I'll suspect I'll be a coma by the first commercial

Ender_Sai likes this.
  11. CQuigley

CQuigley Guest

I really liked the first 2 episodes. The black guy playing the captain is great but a rest of them are fairly bland minus the Ronald Reagan looking guy.

Can we talk spoilers too?

12. Evil Incarnate

Evil Incarnate Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 18, 2003
    Is it worth watching for the lols?

Evil.

13. Rosslcopter

Rosslcopter Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
  14. Rogue_Ten

Rogue_Ten Chosen One star 7

Aug 18, 2002
    i love it when people hear about a dumb/boring show that's being made "about" their dumb/boring job and they go out of their way to cry about "a bloo bloo bloo its so UNREALISTIC u guys". and by "i love it" i mean "**** my life"

shows have to be "unrealistic" because most people's lives are ******* boring and nobody cares about them. nobody's gonna make a show about submariners sitting around with headphones on for 8 hours and then masturbating in their bunks for the rest of their waking lives

Whitey, Darth Guy, tom and 2 others like this.
  15. Everton

Everton Chosen One star 10

Jul 18, 2003
    There should be a show about a time traveling submarine. The submarine is from the future where scientists have discovered that Sonar is the key to time travel, and that with the right modifications periscopes can detect evil. The submarine would travel through time and space and water hoping to foil the evil machinations of the underwater community. Brian would be the main character, skilled in all the arts required to win the day. Unfortunately, the periscope is always malfunctioning. Fortunately (or is it?) the submarine also has a high speed Internet connection. The twist is that it can only access the JCC, so all Brian's advice and news about the world (and any evil plans) comes through the forum. This means that Brian has to walk a tightrope - are the JCCers having him on about evil plans, or are they not? For example, in the pilot episode does he unleash the awesome power of the submarine on the basis of Vin's claim that a gigantic swarm of Innuendo Fish is forming underneath the Brooklyn Bridge (which is very vulnerable to concentrated innuendo)?

Souderwan and CT-867-5309 like this.
  16. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    You cant //tread over your own post.

loser.

Souderwan likes this.
  17. DantheJedi

DantheJedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 23, 2009
    Didn't one of the later seasons of Seaquest have a time travel storyline?

18. Aytee-Aytee

Aytee-Aytee Jedi Master star 5

Jul 20, 2008
    I would have figured that the Navy would have at least given the cast a bit of rudimentary training so as not to look like complete idiots....

I mean heck, didn't Taylor Kitsch and Rihanna go through a bit of Navy basics for Battleship?

19. Rogue_Ten

Aug 18, 2002
    haha taylor kitsch's career. that always makes me lol

20. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    Yep, the last season they jumped 20 years into the future.

21. Havac

Havac Former Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 29, 2005
    The Navy probably was not interested in involvement with a series where the premise is, "Lol, the government is after its own sub, because the government is evil."

Souderwan likes this.
  22. Rogue_Ten

Aug 18, 2002
    at his last tea party rally, souderwan was the guy holding the "DONT TREAD OVER ME" gadsen flag sign

23. Souderwan

Jun 3, 2005
    But I did. So who's the loser now?

24. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    You, obviously.

Rogue_Ten likes this.
  25. Rogue_Ten

Aug 18, 2002