main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Official "The Clone Wars" Series Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by RevantheJediMaster, Jul 15, 2005.

Tags:
  1. KenobiSkywalker

KenobiSkywalker Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Heck, just for Obi's sake even. That was why he was made a master.

2. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    He was made a Knight, wasn't he, and didn't make Master till sometime during TCW right?

3. KenobiSkywalker

Sep 3, 2012
    I think he was a Master before TCW. Not totally sure on that. Either way, that probably played a big role in his promotion to master (whenever that was).

4. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
    lol That's mostly what TCW toon is, one stalemate after another.:p

5. cwustudent

cwustudent Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2011
    He's waaaay stronger than Maul is. I'll give Maul his due: he is a master duelist, but his pride was his downfall. Anakin, on the other hand, would be determined to win, and would really turn on the heat if they dueled. I really like the moments on TCW that remind me just how powerful in the Force Anakin is. In Cargo of Doom, he lifts the wreckage away with a wave of his arm. When he brought down the communications tower on Mon Cala. Every time he faces Dooku, even if Dooku gains the upper hand, Dooku is exhausted. Perhaps my favorite moment is when it took, like, 5 or 6 Zygerrians to wear down Anakin.
    THIS! "So, remember that time you killed me? Jerk."
    I'd like to know how a Jedi achieves the rank of Master. Is this the common belief: After successfully training Anakin to knighthood, Obi-Wan was bestowed the title?

6. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    Anyone else think it would be cool if Anakin started having his nightmares about Padme during TCW?

AkashKedavra_93 likes this.
  7. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
    He also proved powerful when he took down The Son and Daughter at the end of Overlords

8. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    And Anakin still took like 6 electro whips for the Zygarrians to bring him down. Pretty badass.

9. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
    and only one for Obi-Wan [face_laugh]

Super_Battle_Droid likes this.
  10. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Well.... we will see!

11. KenobiSkywalker

Sep 3, 2012
    ..who had already been tortured prior to that fight. ;)

Valairy Scot likes this.
  12. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
    That's no excuse for Obi-Wan ;)

13. hlc88

hlc88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    And probably for anyone else's sake who Maul kills in his goal of revenge on Obi-Wan. :p

I don't think this is really clarified anywhere. Obi-Wan was a Knight during EpII but in EpIII he is a Master and on the Council. Clearly in TCW he is a Master and on the Council. I think you can be an unofficial Master after training a Padawan to Knighthood but it is my opinion that you are officially bestowed that title when you are a part of the Council. I think the common belief is after Anakin was Knighted but I think its more down to how he performs during the Clone Wars. That is one story they should tell: how and why Obi-Wan deserves the rank of Master. Now if he can defeat Maul properly, then that would go a long way to proving he deserves it. If Anakin is the one to kill Maul then why would the Council refuse him the rank of Master on the Council in ROTS?

14. Zeta1127

Zeta1127 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 2, 2012
    And of course, TCW concocts another duel that couldn't have possibly happened. Where did all of these people come up with these things, did they even see the films, or do they just not care about continuity?

15. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Oh, I don't know. Where does everyone else get their ideas for what to write about filling in the gap between AOTC and ROTC?

16. Zeta1127

Sep 2, 2012
    George Lucas doesn't have a clue what happens in Star Wars anymore, and he has trained everyone at LFL to believe that only he knows what happens, regards of the quality of the story.

17. KenobiSkywalker

Sep 3, 2012
    I think Anakin not meeting Grievous or either of them not having fought Dooku frequently isn't very believable IMO. Anakin and Obi-Wan are pretty much the poster-boys of the Republic army. Them clashing with Grievous or Dooku frequently isn't hard to imagine. I don't think they should have put those lines in ROTS. They didn't seem logical to me when it was released, and that was long before I read/watched any EU stuff.

18. hlc88

hlc88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    You do realise that George Lucas created Star Wars don't you? [face_dunno]

Considering it is HIS universe, of course he knows what happens! Now if Star Wars was created by a mix of people you may have a point, but in this you don't. whether you like it or not, Lucas created this world and he does (or did) have final say on what happens.

19. Zeta1127

Sep 2, 2012
    George Lucas clearly doesn't have a clue what happens in Star Wars anymore, otherwise he wouldn't be willing to edit RotS just to make the CIS in TCW work. I know exactly what I am saying, and I said anymore for a reason.

20. JM_1977

JM_1977 Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 23, 2011
    I just saw this posted on facebook:

Six jedi younglings....six coffins....

-Is it Possible?
    [​IMG]

21. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    No way. These are probably Jedi killed in the temple raid. I think that's the arc the screen cap is from.

22. JM_1977

JM_1977 Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 23, 2011
    If you think about it though knowing the CW crew they never keep a good character past their arc

23. KenobiSkywalker

Sep 3, 2012
    I'm pretty sure that's from the temple attack. With YJ being aimed at a younger audience, I don't think they'll kill any of them, much less all of them.

Garth Maul and Seerow like this.
  24. KenobiSkywalker

Sep 3, 2012
    What about Hondo? :p

25. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    There are plenty of good characters who have survived their episodes/ arcs. I just can't imagine TCW would do that. No to mention what happened to toned down?