main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The Clone Wars - Episode 5.8 - Bound for Rescue- discussion thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Seerow, Nov 14, 2012.

1. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    -Still from lonely corner.- As I said in the other thread...

This last one kinda had a seasons 1/2 vibe with the way it switch back and forth between Obi-wan getting attacked and the Younglings antic. Its been a while since we had an episode going back and forth between two kinda connected stories happening in different places. Reminded me vaguely of the "The Deserter".

LOL, I think this arc could of used a clone buddy to tag along with the kids. More clones hugging kids!

2. QuangoFett

QuangoFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 11, 2011
    I was wondering why they had that lingering shot on Ganodi. She shoots last perhaps?

This was another good episode. The space battle was slick and well-choreographed. There were some nice panning shots like the one which begins with Grievous' shuttle taking off from the star destroyer's hangar and moves aftwards and outwards to focus on the escape pods being ejected from the doomed vessel. The circus scene turned out to be quite amusing when Hondo was added. That Weequay makes everything better.

It's great to see some of the most minor characters get some fleshing out with good use of screentime. That's how you make a story as large in scope as possible. The dynamic duo of the Y-Wing and Z-95 were the focus of much of the battle and damn was I rooting for them. I imagine the Z-95 pilot to be some daring Han Solo-like hotshot (pulling that manoeuvre with the engines cutting out) and the Y-Wing pilot to be an old veteran of many campaigns, with the tail-gunner being a young squire sort like Dack from TESB. Shame most of them kicked the bucket. I was rooting for the awesome Y-Wing pilot's escape. There were quite a few other background characters who caught my attention. There was the clone pilot standing to the front of Obi-Wan when the Y-Wing hits the deck, who could be the clone pilot lying dead next to the laser turret in the shot where Obi-Wan moves forward to engage the droids. Seeing a dead guy where there was once a living man shielding himself from the crash debris emphasises the losses of war, much like the support crewman getting shot in the foreground as Grievous holds one of the troopers "hostage". This trooper actually tries to jump Grievous twice and somehow gets him to pay special attention to him, and not in a good way. The bridge officer who informs Obi-Wan and Cody of the boarding parties is (presumably) the clone seen dead at the console.

TCW really likes to rub it in that these clones are expendable. No named ones died, though. Cody proved himself to be more than just a prop for the first time since S3.

On Florrum, we see Hondo smooth-talking some of the Weequay women. When the two Twi'lek circus performers guide him to the younglings' trap, he literally pushes a female Weequay down with his hand. Such a cad. :p

Petrol still hasn't received his comeuppance for being an insubordinate punk. I'm rooting for Katooni to show that git who's boss, or even for Ahsoka to smack him down. Cody or Obi-Wan wouldn't be amiss either. Like last weeks episode, Ahsoka's character development is made clear in this one.

Not bad at all.

3. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Given that there are many indications that the Clovis arc, the droids arc and Onderon were happening at the same time, I am shocked they did not do something Transformers Prime did in the middle of it's second season.

The feel of S1 and S2 makes this episode and arc so great.

There is still time. There could be a Boil hugging Gungi moment. You never know.

Order66Survivor likes this.
  4. cwustudent

cwustudent Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2011
    Been trying to figure that out, Dan, since season 1, when I first saw it. Its like an even bigger base that conveniently disappears when we return to Florrum. Also the design of the landscape immediately around Hondo's base keeps changing. (Clearly its not a big deal, but my brain notices inconsistent details like that.)
    PS I want a hug from Gungi, too!

5. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Same here, I feel confused by Florrum now...

6. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
    Better than the last episode, drunken Hondo is awesome...

rumblewagon and Seerow like this.
  7. Order66Survivor

Order66Survivor Jedi Master star 1

Nov 10, 2012
    if you blinked you missed the Kenobi-Grievous duel

if you took a nap you still caught the end of the Youngling's circus act

also....

the space battle was awesome, looked kind of like the Battle of Coruscant to open ROTS

1 more thought while it's fresh on my mind

I just about jumped off the couch when Petro interrupted Obi-Wan. Earlier in the episode when Kenobi was mentioned Petro excitedly said "the General Kenobi" so i'm gonna chalk the interruption up to excitement.

Or else.

TreborSabreon likes this.
  8. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    It totally pissed me off when Petrol interrupted Obi-wan. You don't interrupt Obi-wan. He needed to be smacked. I'm totally with QuangoFett on this one. The kid needs to get smacked and I hope Obi-wan does it although Cody, Ahsoka, Katooni, or even Artoo (Come on, shock him) would work fine.

Wow you guys really think they'll kill off the kids? I can see maybe one of them. But, wow. I'll be genuinely shocked and surprised.

Valairy Scot likes this.
  9. Order66Survivor

Nov 10, 2012
    this. a million times this

10. The-Eternal-Hero

The-Eternal-Hero Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    This was my least favorite episode this season but it was still fine with a stunning action sequence for Obi and some fine character moments, mostly for Ahsoka and Hondo. 2.5 stars for me. Not much to say, ready to wind this up and move on.

11. The-Eternal-Hero

The-Eternal-Hero Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    I think its PETRO not Petrol.

12. KenobiSkywalker

KenobiSkywalker Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    It's a nickname. ;)

Seerow likes this.
  13. LordMortis315

LordMortis315 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    You guys, two words: DRUNK HONDO. [face_rofl]

You sure it wasn't 'cause of the great stories told and characters introduced? ;)

14. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Yup, Garth started it. lol.

I laughed though it was childish. Drunk Hondo owns.

15. KenobiSkywalker

Sep 3, 2012
    I was attracted to Star Wars for both. (Mostly the space battles.. at first anyways) But began to love the stories rather than just the action as I watched more of the movies.

16. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    I am pretty sure it was the characters, mythos, story ,and my love for kind campy things that attracted me to the movies. With TCW I started watching just cuz it was animated and then all these things.

17. KenobiSkywalker

Sep 3, 2012
    I was about 5 when I watched the OT for the first time. All I knew was that I needed one of those 'flashlights of doom...' Oh, that and a Millennium Falcon*. :p

*Walking carpets not included.

AkashKedavra_93 and Seerow like this.
  18. Order66Survivor

Nov 10, 2012
    "flashlights of doom"

ROFLMAO

19. KenobiSkywalker

Sep 3, 2012
    "Daddy! I want one of those flashlights that made the old guy disappear on that round ship!!" [face_laugh]

Order66Survivor and Seerow like this.
  20. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    lol... flash light of doom sounds like the Invader Zim version of a lightsaber. I sure am glad this ep was so fun and gave us lots to talk about.

KenobiSkywalker likes this.
  21. KenobiSkywalker

Sep 3, 2012
    I think this is quickly becoming one of my favorite arcs. To me, it seems to capture the OT feel very well.

22. JM_1977

JM_1977 Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 23, 2011
    I'm with LM on this one Drunk Hondo is what made the episode for me

Seerow likes this.
  23. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Drunk Hondo was great, especially when he was talking with the big animal the troupe left behind. [face_laugh]

The space battle and subsequent battle amidst the Jedi Cruiser had a lot of really cool moments, from both clone pilots and Grievous. Just a lot of good stuff in this episode, and it came together well to boot!

Seerow and KenobiSkywalker like this.
  24. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    Were there any indications of who Hondo was referring to when he mentioned the buyer interested in Ahsoka? At first I thought he was talking about Jabba but then, it seemed like he was referring to someone else. Wonder if we'll find out next episode. [face_thinking]

Dark-Fox likes this.
  25. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    I was wondering who the buyer might be myself. Sounds like he would be familiar.I thought it might be Jabba.