main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Speculation Who do you want to direct Episode 7?

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by PrincessKenobi , Oct 31, 2012.

1. TWISTY

TWISTY Jedi Padawan

Nov 17, 2012
    I hate myself for saying this but... Joss Whedon should get it. I think Joe Johnston is PROBABLY going to get the gig, Joss can handle the characters and themes way better than Joe even though Joe is a Lucasfilm veteran. Joss has serious geek cred compared to Joe so it's entirely possible that he could still get it, even though he probably won't . I betchya KK and Disney is or was seriously considering him at one point.

2. Diggs

Diggs Jedi Master star 4

Oct 31, 2012
    The list must now be down to Johnston, Favreau and Trevorrow, with Vaughan and Whedon as outsiders who have yet to rule themselves out explicitly yet remain attached to other projects.

I have a feeling it's going to be Favreau.

3. Kuestmaster

Kuestmaster Jedi Master star 2

Nov 17, 2012
    it's a shame... Brad was my first choice. Spielberg should reconsider it, he's always wanted to do one.

4. LANDO_ROCKS

LANDO_ROCKS Force Ghost star 5

Nov 28, 2002
    I've got a feeling it won't be anyone who has been mentioned so far.

5. chris hayes

chris hayes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 13, 2012
    Well as Brad Bird is out it looks more & more likely to be Mathew Vaughn because you don't suddenly drop out of an X-men movie for nothing unless it's something BIG .

6. Graphic

Graphic Jedi Master star 2

Nov 18, 2012
    Mathew Vaughn. Its unlikley him. He is already do some Project that called "The Secret Service".

I think Andrew Domink would be fine. He do such a great Work on the Characters of his Movies. Especialy "The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford".

7. Buried In Time

Buried In Time Jedi Knight

Nov 2, 2012
    J.J. Abrams
    Guillermo Del Toro
    Matthew Vaughn
    Joss Whedon

8. DebonaireNerd

DebonaireNerd Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 9, 2012
    Joss is unlikely because I think he has other commitments for the next couple of years while J.J said in an interview he wouldn't do it.

9. klooney

klooney Jedi Master star 1

Jul 2, 2009
    I bet Christopher Nolan has a script on his desk and is seriously considering it, but he's torn and it is not an easy decision.

EviL_eLF likes this.
  10. klooney

klooney Jedi Master star 1

Jul 2, 2009
    This too has concerned me. I hope that is not the case.

11. Chaos123x

Chaos123x Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 5, 2012
    My 1# choice was Speilberg but he's out...

My #2 Brad Bird is out too....

Looks like Joe Johnston is gonna do this thing, he deserves it. (but he be better for Indy 5)

BUT I love to see Guillermo Del Toro direct espcially if the script has lots of aliens and creatures, be perfect after losing the hobbit.

Rather keep Matthew Vaugnh far away from Marvel and Lucasfilm franchises and continue to work with Mark Millar.

12. Boxster

Boxster Jedi Knight star 1

Jul 13, 2005
    Looks like all the popular directors steered away from this gig.

I think Johnston will get his dream come true with a Fett movie so, I don't think he is in the running.

Has Kevin Smith been asked?

Doubt Nolan will so it.

Maybe John Woo?

13. KED12345

KED12345 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2012
  14. Chaos123x

Chaos123x Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 5, 2012
    Colin Trevorrow is already working on his next movie....

[​IMG]

Arawn_Fenn likes this.
  15. The-Eternal-Hero

The-Eternal-Hero Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    Well, I'm sorry Brad Bird's out of the running but I'm so glad that it means no Orci/Lindelof (weren't they writing 1952? I could be mistaken). Who will it beeeee????

yodasbum likes this.
  16. Diggs

Diggs Jedi Master star 4

Oct 31, 2012
    Lindelof is writing 1952 I think.

It's not going to be J.J Abrams or anyone else who has publicly ruled themselves out. Vaughan and Whedon haven't ruled themselves out yet (or have they?), which is why, even though they are attached to Secret Service and Avengers 2 they're worth an outside bet. Del Toro, Favreau and Johnston have not ruled themselves out. Neither has Trevorrow. Has anyone got an opinion from Nolan yet? Darabont? Duncan Jones? Pretty much every working director is being asked on their take so at some stage it will almost be easy to work out who it'll be by sheer process of elimination, which Empire have already started:

http://www.empireonline.com/features/star-wars-director-rumour-control

17. Guybrush

Guybrush Jedi Master star 3

Oct 18, 2001
    Speilberg, Bird, Abrams, to name a few, all have said no. Have they read the treatment and decided to pass or are the really just not interested?

18. GeekFurious

GeekFurious Jedi Youngling

Nov 16, 2012
    I am willing to bet my entire fortune that the director of Episode VII is going to be some dude named Colin Trevorrow.

19. FRAGWAGON

FRAGWAGON Jedi Master star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    I want Joe. As far as I'm concerned he's one of the great collaborators that brought us SW in the first place.

He gets the sensibility.

20. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
  21. NoChesterHester

NoChesterHester Jedi Master star 1

Nov 5, 2012
    To quote Lucas: "pass Star Wars on to the next generation of film makers." Spielberg is part of George's generation, definitely not "next." That implies young and up an coming. Tarantino's style definitely doesn't scream "Star Wars." I think that was just some fan dreams.

JJ Abrams stated he loves the project, but it might best be handled by someone else.

Echo-07 likes this.
  22. NoChesterHester

NoChesterHester Jedi Master star 1

Nov 5, 2012
    Oh and Brad Bird has been working on his 1952 / Tesla film project for years. It is one of his big dreams and it looks like it recently got green lit. I think he would be a great choice, but it looks like he is committed elsewhere.

23. PleaseNoTimeTravel

PleaseNoTimeTravel Jedi Knight

Nov 6, 2012
    I can't think of a worse director for Star Wars than Kevin Smith. The time traveling Boba Fett idea is worse than the Vader reincarnate rumor.

24. Chrono85

Chrono85 Jedi Padawan star 1

Oct 31, 2012
    Some of them don't feel like they are right for it (Spielberg) Some are too busy with other movies (Abrams) some may just be too intimidated by it. I'm still hoping for Bird!

25. GeekFurious

GeekFurious Jedi Youngling

Nov 16, 2012
    Most of these guys have projects that prevent them from directing in 2014. Not to mention that you need to spend 2013 just prepping. It is a time consuming process.

I doubt they are showing anyone the treatment unless they are interested in directing.