main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit A/V The Force Awakens and the EU [TAGGED spoilers.]

Discussion in 'Literature' started by TypoCelchu, Oct 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Admiral Ozzel plushies. He's as squishy as he is stupid.

2. Corran1138

Corran1138 Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 7, 2012
    I can't imagine that Old Republic or Clone Wars EU would be affected by Episode VII unless the writers were to purposefully mention things about the old republic to contradict previous EU. I don't see that happening.

3. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    Ughnaught dolls with that real Bespin smell.

Zorrixor and cthugha like this.
  4. TrakNar

TrakNar Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 4, 2011
    I, personally, am hoping for the Little Lost Bantha Cub.

Runjedirun, Zorrixor and DarthBoba like this.
  5. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Edible Waru jellies. -- Fortified with Vitamin C for interdimensional nutrition!

Moffship with real sound effects (just press the button to bid you and your friends dark greetings!)

Captain Panaka trick mood ring -- Great April Fool's Day prank, convince your friends that they're always in a pessimistic mood!

Ziro and Sy romantic vacation dress up dolls -- great for the little girls who just don't like prince charming

Ahsoka bad attitude t-shirts for girls -- move over Tinkerbell, there's a new bad role model in town

Diet Mon Cola -- tastes JUST like regular Mon Cola, and we swear it's not a trap

Episode VII Disaster Preparation Kit -- Comes with new canon decal stickers for your books, an emergency retcon pack (complete with magic markers for erasing pesky Jedi masters from your intro chapters), and a soft foam padding for your keyboard so you can smash your head into it repeatedly whenever new rumors surface!

6. Tim Battershell

Tim Battershell Jedi Master star 5

Sep 3, 2012
    Nice post - love it!

[face_rofl]

GrandMasterKatarn likes this.
  7. stellarmagic01

stellarmagic01 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 1, 2012
    Do want. XD

GrandMasterKatarn and TrakNar like this.
  8. TrakNar

TrakNar Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 4, 2011
    That should be standard equipment for Wookieepedians.

9. Zorrixor

Zorrixor Chosen One star 6

Sep 8, 2004
    That's how I've been looking at it too, with possible Darth Vader films and stuff...

Although Darth_Foo has suddenly made me rethink it with his phrasing of "never ending story" as I've suddenly got bad memories of The Land Of Time films, which just got worse and worse and worse with each one, and Disney have a history of really bad sequels to their cartoons.

Here's to hoping it doesn't end up the film equivalent of Del Rey and LucasArts with them just churning out third rate things because they know they'll make money with the "STAR WARS" logo on them.

10. LawgSkrak

LawgSkrak Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 23, 1999
    But, if they make sequel movies to Willow, they better fit with the books and not screw up my precious Willow EU. ;)

11. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Actually, Lucas provided the story outline to Chris Claremont to write those books with, so it's a good chance they are not EU ;).

(Actually, weren't there references to the sequel trilogy in the Willow Databank entries they put up one April Fools? that means that, even if they're not Willow EU, they're technically SW EU ;)).

12. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    I only read the first one and the only thing I liked was the Demon.

13. DarthBoba

DarthBoba Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 29, 2000

Yeah, there were.

14. Darth_Foo

Darth_Foo Force Ghost star 4

Feb 24, 2003

The only thing I trust Disney to do is make money for Disney. They aren't artists, they are business-men/women who just care about the bottom line and profit margins, not quality.

GGrievous likes this.
  15. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Little thought: Ship says that Vestara is to join the Sith in Apocalypse, and she says 'Other Sith'. Now, Vestara knows about the One Sith, so are we to assume that Ship is referring to (assumed) Film Sith?

I am wondering if we're going to see Ship and Vestara in Episode VII if, and I stress, if, Episode VII is set after 45 ABY. I suspect that, if the EU is going to survive, that it will, if only because the open-ended and massive step back from Legacy that Apocalypse took... And I'm also tempted to take the final release of Darth Plagueis as a hint, ditto Filoni's suggestion that we will see Mortis again...

I am trying not to grasp at straws, but it seems very... Setup. I wouldn't be surprised if the Ten Knights are, equally, the surviving ten Knights we have from the 2nd gen shuffled off-screen to hunt for Mortis, and further Allana is revealed as the heir of Tenel Ka after one arc because she is equally going to be shuffled off-screen and the Hapans-centric arcs put on hold.

Shrug.

kataja likes this.
  16. Runjedirun

Runjedirun Force Ghost star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    I certainly would not mind if Allana was shuffled off-screen.

17. Bib Fartuna

Bib Fartuna Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 4, 2012
    Allana must like listening to Party Rock Anthem by LMFAO.

18. Tim Battershell

Tim Battershell Jedi Master star 5

Sep 3, 2012
    We also have the (hasty?) Apocalypse retcon in ERC (Vestara's Thermal-Det toss being now an 'intentionally bungled', one IIRC).

We also have Jaina, Ben, Tahiri and Allana (at present, anyway) supposed to be heading off on a three-book arc in SotJ (looking for Krayt/One Sith? looking for Lost Tribe?). The Wook entry is still there and still gives a release date of 2014.

I'm also thinking that Mortis is involved in the ST somehow - it would bring the Chosen One Prophecy to an undeniable fulfillment if Luke was to take up the 'Keeper of the Balance' role that his father refused, perhaps with Leia standing in for Daughter. I also see it fitting with GL's known protectiveness of Luke (and, by extension, Leia) and with his previously revealed thoughts that an ST would be 'ethereal'.

19. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    If Yavin IV is in the ST, will Kun's spirit show up?

20. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    Just watched Safety Not Guaranteed. ST or no ST, you guys should all watch it. Awesome.

Lt.Cmdr.Thrawn likes this.
  21. tsunami1138

tsunami1138 Jedi Master star 1

Nov 15, 2012
    I haven't read all 73 pages of this thread, so I'm a bit late to the party. But, as I commented over in the Ep VII EU discussion...

Am I the only one who would deliberately view the new movies as Infinities, as opposed to my large and beloved novel collection? I've invested much more time, energy, and enthusiasm into those books and the original saga than I will in any ST that willingly and knowingly overrides the vast EU.

22. blackmyron

blackmyron Chosen One star 7

Oct 29, 2005
    Pretty much, yeah.

Maybe they'll be a "Marvel movies - Marvel Comics" relationship that will happen with Star Wars.

23. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    I half suspect they're going to take a page from TCW: Name drop the Hydian Way, Seinar, Black Sun, Maridun, Quinlan Vos.... and then pull a fast one like kill Even Piell or make an EU planet rotate wrong.

The rough equivalent will probably be the occasional namedrop or cameo of characters like Kyp Durron or Corran Horn, and the inevitable alteration that Luke married a blonde and had twins.

24. blackmyron

blackmyron Chosen One star 7

Oct 29, 2005
    Well, the side effect of moving the new movies off would that the CWAS, inevitably, would join it. That would instantly solve a number of issues right there.

Frankly, I would much prefer tolerating something like the occasional "Nick Fury Jr." nonsense and touting the movies as the "OFFICIAL Star Wars story" as long as the EU remains intact.

25. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    If the biggest problem in the ST is a planet rotating wrong, I will do a little dance.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.