main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit So where did Sifo-Dyas get the money to pay for the clones?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Hero of Tukayyid, Nov 25, 2012.

1. Hero of Tukayyid

Hero of Tukayyid Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 23, 2012
    Did he pay some in advance and told the Kaminoans the Republic will pay the rest? According to wookipedia Palps convinced him to order the clone army. I cannot really see the Kaminoans not asking for at leas 50% in advance.
    So where did the money come from and how were they able to hide such a huge transfer. Why didn't the investor's end up on the front cover of the Coruscant Stock Broker or why didn' the SW SEC look into it?

I could imagine journalists getting curious about the matter of a huge army coming out of nowhere. Was there a senate comission that looked into this?

2. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    In the interest of not spoiling it... Go read Darth Plagueis by James Luceno. Now. Like. Now, now.

Vialco, tjace, Zorrixor and 6 others like this.
  3. Hero of Tukayyid

Nov 23, 2012
    I read it but i don't remember everything. Feel free to spoil me.

4. rumsmuggler

rumsmuggler Chosen One star 7

Aug 31, 2000
    He robbed Coruscant savings and loan. Lol

5. Riven_JTAC

Riven_JTAC Jedi Master star 4

Jun 28, 2011
    Remember, Jesus saves, but Master Sifo-Dyas withdraws!

tjace, Zorrixor, RC-1991 and 2 others like this.
  6. Vialco

Vialco Force Ghost star 5

Mar 6, 2007
    Hego Damask aka Darth Plagueis approached Sifo-Dyas about creating an army in case war ever broke out. Damask told Sifo-Dyas that the Kaminoans would not create the army for Damask but they would create it for Sifo-Dyas as the Kaminoans had long been fascinated by the Jedi.

The Kaminoans required a small down payment, which Damask supplied Sifo-Dyas with, from his many holdings.

We don't know what happened after that, but based on what we've seen, Dooku killed Sifo-Dyas and became Darth Tyranus and took over the clone project. The rest of the payments for the army probably came from Dooku's vast fortune.

As for why the Republic never looked into it, they did, but the Sith made sure that their web was so complex and convoluted that the Jedi never managed to get to the truth.

And the journalists did ask and the answer that they all got was "A Jedi Master ordered this army becaue he foresaw the upcoming conflict."

Arawn_Fenn likes this.
  7. Hero of Tukayyid

Nov 23, 2012
    "He robbed Coruscant savings and loan. Lol"
    I assume that credits have a kill switch in them that make them invalid and unusable in such a case.

8. rumsmuggler

Aug 31, 2000
    Nope, most credits aren't electronic. I was just joking anyways.

9. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    He buried them in the brown robe budget.

They've got a very large brown robe budget.

10. Hero of Tukayyid

Nov 23, 2012
    Credits in Kotor look more like credit cards then actual IRL money.

11. rumsmuggler

Aug 31, 2000
    Haven't played kotor but credits in the TCW cartoon look like golden wafers.

12. Hero of Tukayyid

Nov 23, 2012
    I forgot about that.

13. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    He told the Kaminoans that credits will do fine.

Who knew that 5000 Republic dataries could go so far!

14. Hero of Tukayyid

Nov 23, 2012
    Seriously how wast is the Dooku's fortune? He got Serenno but other then that what assets does he have?
    Also wouldn't people notice that a huge amount of Dooku's money dissapeared.

Oh an what about the secret fleet. According to the Warfare Palps funneled billions to Rothana. Did he loot the treasury or his cabal that tried to kill Hego Damask did it? Probably both. The government can print money so he probably printed some of the books and then his buddies coughed up the rest.

I could imagine Kaminoans first making some prototype clones considering how big the project is and then tthe money transfers could had been hidden because they were not that massive.

15. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    He hocked a couple dark side artifacts.

16. Hero of Tukayyid

Nov 23, 2012
    The 30 or something banite sith lords did accumulate a lot of wealth before him. Maybe Sifo 'accidentally'' found those treasures and that's how he paid for it. At least it would not leave a lot of paper trail.

17. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    :confused:

18. Darthbane2007

Darthbane2007 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 31, 2007
    The question should be HOW Sifo-Dyas intended to pay for these clones/army, provided he wasn't killed..

19. Jeff_Ferguson

Jeff_Ferguson Force Ghost star 5

May 15, 2006
    I would love to read a story about the seamstress who makes them.

"Why do you guys wear moisture farmer robes, anyway? I sell almost as many of these to Tatoonians as I do to you."

"Just... don't ask, OK? Our creator isn't exactly the brightest jewel in the Core."

20. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    High fashion is obviously one of the reasons behind all the various Jedi-Sith conflicts in the Old Republic. You'll notice that once Jedi started adopting boring robes as the standard after Ruusan, the number of Sith dwindled down to just two and conflicts winded down.

Consider: during the Jedi Civil War, the robes were ornate and grand and this led the Jedi to near destruction: but when the Jedi were almost wiped out, they switched to brown robes and they survived.

Eventually the Sith caught on to this trick, so they arranged for the Clone Wars to provoke Jedi into wearing more varied robes, including armored robes, which is of course what led to their destruction...

Vialco, instantdeath and Zorrixor like this.
  21. Zorrixor

Zorrixor Chosen One star 6

Sep 8, 2004
    Makes sense.

H.I.M. was perfectly safe until Luke updated his wardrobe... then wham, the farm boy from Tatooine turned the tables on the pedestrian robed Emperor.

instantdeath likes this.
  22. jacktherack

jacktherack Jedi Master star 4

Mar 19, 2008
    one that note how is it that a whole species is impervious to mind tricks? didn't obi-wan say in a new hope that they only worked on the weak minded? so wouldn't it only be some of each species being immune?

23. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    Some might have been immune, but were they immuun?

RC-1991 likes this.