main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Which piece of Star Wars music always gives you tingles down the spine?

Discussion in 'Star Wars And Film Music' started by Hermi_Odle, Dec 5, 2012.

1. Hermi_Odle

Hermi_Odle Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 18, 2011
    John Williams' iconic and memorable music is key to the Star Wars saga, and I sincerely hope he is involved, in some way, in the new trilogy. At the very least, his style should be emulated and the key themes he created should be reintroduced in some way in Ep VII - IX

So, which bit of Star Wars music always sends shivers down your spine, makes your hair stand on end, warms your heart and will always make you smile no matter how many times you hear it? There's so, so much to choose from, but I'm talking more about subtle little motifs or moments in music that convey so much emotion that adds to what we're seeing on-screen.

Mine would have to be a few seconds from "The Pit of Carkoon/Sail Barge Assault".

It's the moment when Jabba's Theme pops up, all lumbering brass and bold horns, then it kind of stretches out and we return to the action music/Star Wars Death Star battle music.

Just listen! It starts at about 1:51, then the change comes at about 2:07. Awesome

Veraan and Yunners like this.
  2. Julius Vernon

Julius Vernon Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 7, 2012
    May be more fit for the Film Music forum.

I LOVE Williams work. I kind of view it as a whole. I hate to be cliche but the Imperial theme blows me away. Though Williams didn't do the score for the Clone Wars movie I really like some of the pieces they use there as well. Very different tone and feel from Williams, but it has some real intensity to it.

3. Kurnous Ntol

Kurnous Ntol Jedi Youngling

Nov 29, 2012
    For overall music piece I definitely choose Luke & Leia´s Theme in RotJ. Both the full version and the one at the ewok village scene. It´s hard to explain why, but I really love it, specially the part when Luke reveals his bond with Leia and the ending. And if you are a WoW player like me surely you too have realized how the original Dun Morogh´s music ended exactly like this piece.
    As for a battle piece I choose The Battle of Endor #1. Specially the part where the Rebel fleet exits hyperspace and begins approaching the Death Star while the music´s tempo begins to accelerate.

Revyl Ren likes this.
  4. Darth Myon

Darth Myon Jedi Youngling

Nov 9, 2012
    Light of the force at the end of ROTJ

5. DarthBoba

DarthBoba Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 29, 2000
    Yep...moving to the music forum.

6. THE PortmanLuvva

THE PortmanLuvva Jedi Master star 2

Oct 26, 2012
    Might seem a bit of a cliche but i love the fade in and gradual increase in sound and depth of "Across the Stars"

Jedi with a TARDIS likes this.
  7. Hermi_Odle

Hermi_Odle Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 18, 2011
    Sorry for putting this in the wrong place! Some great replies guys, seems there's a lot of love for the ROTJ score. It's probably my overall favourite. I quite like the AOTC score too.

8. darthbarracuda

darthbarracuda Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 4, 2012
    I love all Williams' music, from Star Wars to Harry Potter to Indiana Jones. Excellent, beyond comparison, music.

I really enjoy Binary Sunset, The Force Theme, TIE Fighter Attack, Across the Stars...crap I love them all! lol

9. General Kenobi

General Kenobi Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 31, 1998
    Hmmm, there are a lot of cues that give me tingles. The first one that comes to mind is the Force Theme as Luke calls out "Leia! Hear me.... Leia!".

Or Luke's Theme when he switches off his targeting computer.

10. DarthMak

DarthMak Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 4, 2001
    Rebel Fleet/End Title from ESB. When it kicks into the faster version of Yoda's theme, it gets me everytime.

Revyl Ren and ironwaffle like this.
  11. Darth_Kiryan

Darth_Kiryan Jedi Master star 4

Mar 13, 2009
    come on people....

JRB, Yeahvin4, Mrarian and 3 others like this.
  12. General Kenobi

General Kenobi Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 31, 1998
    Kiryan, that YouTube video is score from ROTJ, not ANH.

CaptainHamYoyo likes this.
  13. CaptainHamYoyo

CaptainHamYoyo Jedi Master star 2

Aug 18, 2011
    Light of the Force

14. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    The Dark Side Beckons (RotJ)
    Duel of the Fates (TPM)

15. Admiral Volshe

Admiral Volshe Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    The Immolation Scene and Anakin's Betrayal, as well as the Light of the Force.

16. Felicia

Felicia Jedi Master star 3

Dec 3, 2012
    I would have to say that one of my favorite songs is Across the Stars. I do have others but this is one of my favorites. John Williams added emotion to what other wise was a poorly written love story. Thank you Mr. John Williams.

MrCody, Mrarian, JM_1977 and 3 others like this.
  17. Frank T.

Frank T. Force Ghost star 6

Sep 2, 2012
    Padmé's Ruminations

18. -NaTaLie-

-NaTaLie- Force Ghost star 4

Nov 5, 2001
    I really like Anakin's theme (full version). The way it transforms into Imperial March in the end... simply brilliant. Frankly, it gives a better idea of little Anakin's personality than any scene in TPM. It also makes me really sad - you had so much potential Anakin, why couldn't you have made different choices? :(

FRAGWAGON likes this.
  19. V-2

V-2 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 10, 2012
    For tearjerking emotion, the sunset swell in ANH.

For spine tingling anticipation, the Emperor's bass/baritone vocals in ROTJ and the opera scene in ROTS.

20. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008
    Some of the later tracks from RotS, in particular. Just the way Williams adds emotional punch to those scenes, which are already depressing, just makes them so . . . great.

Otherwise, Throne Room, end of Battle of Yavin, etc. The list goes on and on.

21. STARKILLER365

STARKILLER365 Jedi Youngling

Dec 20, 2012
    And the winner is...

22. DarthLydia

DarthLydia Jedi Knight

Dec 18, 2012
    Well, I don't know the names of all the tracks or what music happens where in the movies so I have to keep it general. I love, I mean absolutely love the new version of the Star Wars theme that they use in the opening of the Clone Wars TV show. The drums just make me all giggly every time I hear it.

And of course, being a "darth", the Imperial March gives me the warm fuzzies

yah... warm fuzzies... analyse that one for a bit... ^^

23. Poor Greedo

Poor Greedo Jedi Master star 2

Nov 6, 2012
    Battle of Yavin and the award ceremony at the end of ANH

Force Smuggler likes this.
  24. Trask Ulgo

Trask Ulgo Jedi Padawan star 3

Dec 8, 2012
    The special edition ending for ROTJ. It's just such a perfect score to end that trilogy.

25. Joe

Joe Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 25, 2012
    Across the Stars. It was so memorable for me, I thought it was the main theme to Star Wars for years. Even now, it's the first thing I hum when I think 'Star Wars'.