main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The Rookies trilogy

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Coric, Dec 6, 2012.

?

Out of the three, which is your favorite?

1. Clone Cadets

10.0%
  2. Rookies

50.0%
  3. ARC Troopers

40.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Coric

Coric Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 19, 2011
    [​IMG]
    This is never going to work..
    ROOKIES | CLONE CADETS | ARC TROOPERS
    These episodes really showed the characterization this show gives clones. I mean, there was an Irish clone! (What the hell heck was that?!) Rookies was a instant fan favorite in S1, and some even say it still carries on in their top 5 episodes of almost 100 to choose from. The choice to go back in time to watch our beloved rookies train was an interesting experience. We got to see how some of our heroes got their nicknames and who that one guy who got eaten by the eel was. (CUTUUUUUUUUUPAH!!)
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    BROOOOOOMANCE!
    Now the ARC Trooper episode episode was a jump into the present, after Rookies, and looming before the great (2nd) Battle of Kamino. Here we saw our two surviving rookies in their pristine 501st armor, fighting to protect their home planet. At the end of the episode, our boys were promoted (wince) to ARC trooper status.
    How about you guys? Do you feel this arc is one of TCW's best? Why or why not? Which one is the weakest of the three? Do you think the Citadel arc could be considered to be apart of the Rookies arc? Why is Cutup Irish? How does a clone beat another clone in a arm wrestling match if both have the same muscles (genetically)? Is Rex's pauldron possessed?

2. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    LOL that GIF looks like Fives and Echo are planning something

The Arc was amazing but out of the three episodes, i chose Arc Troopers

3. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    THIS! THIS right here is what destroys UMBARA in terms of Clone-centric episodes. I love these episodes...

But I would go with Clone Cadets.

4. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    Picking between the three is a tough choice to me. I like each episode quite a bit, but each for different reasons. Clone Cadets is full of that behind-the-scenes feeling stuff I love, Rookies is one of very few episodes that show how clones fair alone without a Jedi to guide them which is interesting, and ARC Troopers has some bad-ass lightsaber duels and that awesome music when we see Ventress' underwater ship. I'll have to give it some thought to pick a favorite and least favorite of the three.

I wouldn't count this as one of my favorite arcs because the most appealing thing to me in Star Wars and what makes it unique as a franchise is the Force and Force-users.

I wouldn't consider the Citadel arc as part of the same, they're pretty distinct. The death of Echo is relevant, but Rex is in a ****-ton of episodes but that doesn't make them one big arc.

Don't know why Cutup is Irish....is Cutup Irish??

Even though they have the same DNA some clones would be stronger than others depending on their workout regimen. Some may only do the standardized minimum while others do extra for recreation.

Seerow and QuangoFett like this.
  5. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    The coolest thing about this arc was the introduction of Domino Squad. What makes Domino Squad special is these are the only characters whose life stories are pretty much covered within TCW. None more so than Fives who is the one of the longest running reoccurring guys in the show and whose going to have the most completely chronicled life no matter where he dies in the series.

We have seen the guys training and the bond he formed with his squad mates, we saw Fives gets deployed for the first time and start losing his buddies. We saw him get into the 501st and pretty much get adopted by Rex. Its safe to assume off screen Fives had alot of adventures and alongside Echo was personally trained by Rex. He was promoted to ARC Trooper. Then he lost his best buddy and became ironically not just another number and became an angry dissenter. It almost got him executed by Krell. That's an amazing story right there. I can't wait to see where he goes now.

My favorite episode of the arc is ARC Troopers which is one of my favorite episodes and is Fives' break out episode before Umbara.

QuangoFett and Dark Lord Tarkas like this.
  6. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    Ignore everything but Rookies.

/series

7. Super_Battle_Droid

Super_Battle_Droid Jedi Master star 5

May 8, 2002
  8. rumblewagon

rumblewagon Force Ghost star 4

Sep 24, 2004
    I voted for Rookies! Great episode showing the clones handling a very critical situation on wits and intuition - not to mention saving the Republic's GAR in their clone manufacturing endeavors. The Citadel arc is too different for me to consider it a part of this clone arc. Why do you think Cutup is Irish?

Seerow likes this.
  9. Coric

Coric Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 19, 2011
    His accent.

10. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    "Roger, Roger!" -Bam!- ... Still classic.

mattman8907 and KenobiSkywalker like this.
  11. KenobiSkywalker

KenobiSkywalker Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    I wonder if that was inspired from Anakin's (or was it Obi-Wan?) cut line in the ROTS elevator scene on Invisible Hand... [face_thinking]

Seerow likes this.
  12. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Given how TCW likes to reuse stuff from the films... its a bet.

13. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Sep 3, 2012
    Cutup - the Irish clone.

14. Orrelios

Orrelios Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 21, 2005
    I can't help but think that Cutup was wasted; he got a whole scene in 'Clone Cadets' where he got his name and then in 'Rookies', he is snatched up and killed offscreen by a giant eel early on.

Oh, and this trilogy is great, definitely one of my favorites. I think I like 'Cadets' the most; they did a great job introducing the Domino Squad (and presenting their individuality) and the involvement of the two bounty hunters Bric and El-Les training the clones, Shaak Ti and Commander Colt was pulled off really well.

15. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    Rookies, the other two episodes were ****.

99 is just sickening, absolutely intolerable, and the clone personal drama just turns me off. Both episodes were full of terrible sentiment.

The only good thing about the episodes was Shaak Ti.

16. Coric

Coric Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 19, 2011

I also didn't like 99. He would have been culled right when he was vatted.

CT-867-5309 likes this.
  17. Orrelios

Orrelios Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 21, 2005
    How can anyone hate 99? I think he was very nicely portrayed and I had no problems with his appearance.

And I don't think that the Citadel arc can be counted as part of this arc, it is it's own story even though Fives and Echo does appear as supporting characters. The Rookies trilogy suitably started with the Domino Squad as cadets in training and ends with the two survivors getting promoted to ARC status, which is a solid scene to end the story with.

Subtext Mining likes this.
  18. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    I talked about the Citadel arc in reference to the Fives character arc. Fives is a one of a kind character now being probably the longest running reoccurring OC and the longest running character whose full life story is likely being covered within TCW.

I find the scene where Echo is cradling 99's body with Fives, Rex, and Cody standing around one of the more heartrending scenes in all the series. Big tough Cody was was so broken down Rex had to finish his sentence.

cwustudent likes this.
  19. cwustudent

cwustudent Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2011
    I wish Clone Cadets was the true first ep of the series, despite C&M being a very good story. Clone Cadets has character development and doesn't stray from the namesake of the war: clones. I'd choose ARC Troopers to be the end of chronological season 1, a nice way to wrap up the Domino Squad arc.

My favorite from the trilogy is ARC Troopers. It has everything I like. Thank you, Dan, for reminding me of the formula for a good episode: clones versus droids and Grievous/Ventress versus Obi-Wan/Anakin.

20. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Sep 3, 2012
    I know right. Indeed.

Having all the things on Kamino like Grievous, Shaak Ti, Obi-Wan or droids did not take away from the nice clone moments in that episode. You do not need four episodes of just clone chatter to understand them. A well structured conversation like the ones in this arc give us a better understanding of how much being a clone can suck and it does not require 4 episodes to get it's message accross. I know people around here tend to point to Umbara as the ultimate clonefest but IMO the Rookies/Kamino episodes are superior!

21. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
    ARC Troopers >> Rookies >> Clone Cadets is my order

KenobiSkywalker likes this.
  22. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Sep 3, 2012
    For me it is Clone Cadets > Rookies > ARC troopers.

Darth Vader likes this.
  23. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
    you just ranked urs in Chronological order lol

24. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    Ultimately I have to go with ARC Troopers because of how much I love to see the Force in use and lightsaber duels, but the fact that I even had to think about just goes to show how high quality the other two episodes are as well despite lacking these qualities.

25. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    "ARC Troopers" did have some cool saber duels and a good spread for how the different characters were used. The only thing it really needed help with was with the music IMO.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.