main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

TV Discussion Fisto's Disco: The LACWAC Social Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by G-FETT, Jul 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Nineteen and already an author! Impressive. Most impressive. Happy birthday.

I remember my 19th, since it was my first birthday in NYC.

AkashKedavra_93 likes this.
  2. AkashKedavra_93

AkashKedavra_93 Moderator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 8, 2011
    Merci man! :) How was 19th in New York?

3. LordMortis315

LordMortis315 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    19th? Wow that makes me feel young. :p

Happy Birthday! :) [:D]

4. AkashKedavra_93

Jan 8, 2011
    Merci beaucoup! :) [:D]

LordMortis315 likes this.
  5. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Happy Birthday. :cool:

6. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Nothing too special. I went to a fancy Italian restaurant in Little Italy with my sister. I got tiramisu for dessert. :D Then that weekend I partied hard with my dorm roommates. Not with any alcohol (or drugs) of course. That would have been irresponsible, not to mention illegal. :p

7. KenobiSkywalker

KenobiSkywalker Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
  8. AkashKedavra_93

Jan 8, 2011
  9. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    19?

My pals took me to Canada even though I don't drink. Still loads of fun, even driving them all home.

Now that I think about it, that's probably why they took me....designated driver for them. Selfish bastards.

Hope you had a good one, Akash.

Coric and AkashKedavra_93 like this.
  10. AkashKedavra_93

Jan 8, 2011
  11. Coric

Coric Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 19, 2011
    MAKE IT STOP.
    CHRISTMAS MUSIC EVERYWHEREEE

GGrievous and Zeta1127 like this.
  12. AkashKedavra_93

Jan 8, 2011
    I love Christmas music! It's peppy, fun, bright! I'd take a Christmas song over most of the crap out there any day.

Plus, it has led to this parody that makes me laugh every time:

13. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    Well that ruined that song for me.:p

Interesting thing about holiday music: I'm reading a (nonfiction) book at the moment written in the mid 1950s, and the author complains about the Christmas music playing in every store. The date of his complaint is Nov. 12 -- I guess harassing customers with Christmas music has a longer history than I thought.

14. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    Lol, weekend did not go according to plan. Somehow... I went into Sam's on Saturday morning and... walked out with a great big 39 inch HDTV, lol (not!). Christened it with a movie binge. Watched Brave, then both the SW PT and OT. Then went to a friend's house and watch the Dark Knight Trilogy or whatever you want to call it on his enormous 72 incher. Good times.

Lol, one of the funniest FG moments.

I love Christmas Music as well. Maybe its that 8 year old in me. This is my favorite Christmas song although its more of a poem. Gives me alot of feels and hits close to him since most of my family has served in the military at some point.

Belated Happy Birthday! My 19th birthday was nothing. That year was overshadowed by my mom's best friend's wedding being on my Birthday.

Glad to know kids still like those books, maybe there is slight hope yet.

15. AkashKedavra_93

Jan 8, 2011
    Seerow: Merci beaucoup! And I must say, that's an unfortunate coincidence...

Seerow likes this.
  16. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I watched A Christmas Story and Elf today.

I like a lot of Christmas music. Enya, James Taylor, Sarah MacLachlan, Mary Chapin Carpenter and Jewel all have good Christmas CDs. Some songs on the radio are so sappy that I feel like I need a fluoride rinse afterwards. "Merry Christmas, Darling" by the Carpenters is one of them--Anakin's dialogue in the fireplace scene sounds normal compared to that. "Christmas Shoes" is another one. If I'm dying on Christmas Eve night, my kids better not be in a damn store buying me ****ing shoes. I'm getting cremated anyway, let me die barefoot.

Here is my favorite Christmas song at the moment. It's upbeat and fun, and not in-your-face religious even though I think the singer is a Christian artist.

And probably because I'm immature, I still find this song hilarious (and know all the lyrics):

17. Todd the Jedi

Oct 16, 2008
    There's only one song that does it for me around Christmas.

18. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Anything from the Santa Claus the Movie soundtrack (1985 movie).

19. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    Christmas music is depressing:

-There's a song about "mommy" cheating on daddy with Santa Clause and her kid seeing, but nobody believe him when he tries to tell people
    • Mommy could have a thing for celebrities
    • In a world where Santa doesn't exist, "Santa" could be a lover or the husband himself engaging in potentially traumatizing seasonal roleplay in front of the child
    • The kid could be spreading nasty lies about his mother to his friends and contribute to rumors about an infidelity that never happened and ruin her.
    -There's a mean spirited song just about how much someone known as "the Grinch" sucks.

-There's a song about some guy promising to be home for Christmas... if only in his dreams. After his initial promise to be home in time for Christmas, that last part is just a big "PSYCHE!" and middle finger to whomever he is making the promise to.

-The Twelve Days of Christmas is about the most psychotic and irresponsible gift-giver ever. I don't know who gives gifts over a period of twelve days for Christmas. And they seem to consist mostly of what I presume to be live fowl, which is just rude to drop on someone due to the amount of care that would go into taking care of them and all the feces they produce. Birds are phenomenally messy. Alternatively, the birds, with the exception of the laying geese and swimming swans, might be dead...

20. CT-867-5309

Jan 5, 2011
    That is enormous.

Seerow likes this.
  21. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    That "Mommy Kissing Santa Claus" song is almost as creepy as "Santa Baby."

22. Senator Kelberry

Senator Kelberry Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 22, 2010
    The most beautiful rendition of a Christmas song in history. Ideal listening conditions are absolute silence with the lights off...or maybe some candles.

The violin gets me every time...

Valairy Scot and AkashKedavra_93 like this.
  23. CT-867-5309

Jan 5, 2011
    I watched John Carter for the first time yesterday and thought it was kinda awesome. And by "kinda awesome", I mean it was awesome.

24. Todd the Jedi

Oct 16, 2008
    TaradosGon I believe Robot Chicken had a thing or two to say about the "Mommy Kissing Santa Claus" song. I'd post it but this page is already clogged with videos. XD

I liked John Carter well enough, CT. The main reason it didn't do well was the fact that Disney had a horrible ad campaign for it. They probably thought "Oh! People liked Pirates and Prince of Persia, so they'll like this no matter what. Might as well barely advertise for it. [​IMG]"

QuangoFett and Seerow like this.
  25. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    I need to break out the Robot Chicken and South Park Christmas collections soon. xD

I think the creepiest Christmas song is the "I Want a Hippopotamus for Christmas" song. I know its supposed to be funny but that's one of the most dangerous animals in Africa your asking Santa for.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.