main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The Clone Wars - Episode 5.10 - Secret Weapons - discussion thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Seerow, Nov 28, 2012.

1. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    The whole zero gravity fight in the mist thing looked kinda neat but it was so over the top and kinda cartoony complete with the really epic sounding music I just laughed at it.

2. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    So I finally got around to watching this episode, and wow... just so bad. I felt embarrassed for R2-D2 to even be associated with this. As I said in another recent post (which I wrote before seeing this one), the TCW writers almost seem to not be taking this seriously anymore. I can't really think of anything so far this season to make me think they are taking it seriously, or they have simply run out of decent ideas. The season previews made it look like bigger and better things must be coming, though, so we'll see I guess.

Convor and CT-867-5309 like this.
  3. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Finally settling down with a drink and this episode and...

What. The. Blessed. ****.

WAC comes off as such a blatantly obvious loser from the time he walks in the room that one wonders why the hell he wasn't banned from the mission right away. It's like the show went out of its way to make a Jar-Jar Droid. Mace Windu dressing him down was priceless, but in character for Mace would have been, "That's it, soldier, you're sitting this one out before you endanger the entire crew and embarrass the Republic." As opposed to "some of you might not make it back." Nice wishful thinking, Mace, but out of character.

Colonel Frog and Dr. Goober-what?

Biggest and lamest stretch of an ROTJ homage ever. And the battle droids calling the astromechs "tin cans." LOL. Not.

QT-KT looks like some girly-girl who plays on Pinterest got hold of R2. Which I'm sure was the idea.

"I'm a military analyst." "You're a map reader?" LOL.

What's with 15 minutes of Who Can Come Up with the Corniest Third-Grade Insults?

I'm not even sure what that zero-gravity fog fight was supposed to be. It wasn't funny.

CT-867-5309 likes this.
  4. Now_Serving_No1138

Now_Serving_No1138 Jedi Youngling

May 28, 2002
    Is it just me, or was WAC "swimming" in the zero-gravity scene? What was he swimming through? Last time I checked air did not provide sufficient resistance to enable that sort of self-propulsion. It's not like Star Wars to forget the laws of physics. Apart from the explosions (and sounds) in the vacuum of space, Jar Jar's gravity defying dinner-plate juggling, Nightsister magic, laser guns, laser swords, aerodynamically impossible aircraft and just about everything the Jedi do. Of course. All that I can buy somehow. But a pit droid paddling through the air really bothered me...

5. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    Why on earth didn't the Jedi Council use battle droids like they did in the Citadel arc?! :oops:
    People like these guys would've been perfect.

6. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Can you imagine poor Gascon with B1 battle droids!? That would drive him even more insane.

And TCW I think is trying to not repeat itself a lot. Even if does with the main cast.

7. KenobiSkywalker

KenobiSkywalker Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    I'd have dropped Gascon and just had R2 lead the squad if they used battle droids.

8. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    I would actually drop R2 cause I am sick of the droid cause he can be a real douche. :D

9. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    Yeah, when DF said R2 would be doing his most important job for the Republic this season that we've so far in TCW, stealing a flash disk is not exactly what I had in mind.

10. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    Stealing the Separatists' enigma machine sounds like a huge deal to me, it's just that they marginalized that aspect so much that it seems like an afterthought.

I can't think of many jobs that would have a bigger impact, except maybe sabotaging battle droid production in some way.

11. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    I think it largely depends on whats on the disc or what kind of communication comes from it. Its gotta be something with big payoff like CT is suggesting. Reminds me of the suggestion earlier in this thread. They should have swapped it with a virus. =b

12. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    R2 and Wac-47 are set for a reunion in the Disney Canon comics set between ESB and ROTJ.

https://www.starwars.com/news/marvel-d-squad-1

[​IMG]

...still holding out for a Meebur Gascon re-emergence. Imperial, New Republic, or otherwise...

Last edited: Sep 13, 2023
  13. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Meebur is the goat