main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT Your Favorite Prequel Movie and Why.

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by El_Machete12, Dec 21, 2012.

1. LordMortis315

LordMortis315 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    I was 10 when I saw the PT and I wasn't confused by the Sifo-Dyas thing at all. Just sayin'...

I don't think Anakin's to blame, Palpatine's just that good at manipulating others.

2. ObiAlKenobi

ObiAlKenobi Jedi Knight star 3

Mar 10, 2012
    Definitely ROTS. While it had its flaws (the bad comic relief and scenes in the beginning that seemed emotionless, the final duel that went on too long), it's a movie I still enjoy watching. I like AOTC, hate TPM.

3. BosskHunter2

BosskHunter2 Jedi Youngling

Nov 1, 2012
    That's a tough one, but I'd have to say Episode III. I love all three films, but ROTS keeps me on the edge of my seat the entire movie. AOTC is a close 2nd.

4. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    ROTS had th ebest acting to go with all those special effects. I do think the duel was a bit over the top though.

AOTS has too many cringe line deliveries between Anakin and Padme, otherwise I love it.

Whatever the case, SW films relealeased in 3D get my money and I cannot wait to see the Coruscant speeder chase.

Lee_ likes this.
  5. ObiAlKenobi

ObiAlKenobi Jedi Knight star 3

Mar 10, 2012
    Just rewatched ROTS with my daughter. Good action, good acting (by all especially Ian McD). The music was perfect as always.

VMeran and Samnz like this.
  6. Sistros

Sistros Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 24, 2010
    I never understood the problems many had with the with Sifo-Dyas mystery. AOTC deliveres all information we need

--------

3 reasons

1) Lucas himself said it would be addressed, so he himself at the time thought it needed a tie up

2) information that could on the surface have been: lies, confusion, half truths mixed with lies, etc, to me it ws shoddily done

3) AOTC tells us something but not a lot really, certainly not all the information we need "sifo dyas was killed almost 10 years ago?" yeah? by who?

we can work out these things because we are fans, casual fans who I've seen it with was confused as heck.

Frank T. likes this.
  7. Corran1138

Corran1138 Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 7, 2012
    I think ROTS is the best of the prequels as a film, due to its emotional impact. However, I more often find myself wanting to watch AoTC, because it is great fun, and also leaves a lot to think about. Lately I have been watching it even more than the OT. I rarely ever watch TPM because it is so disconnected from the rest of the series (including the Clone Wars cartoon). I understand that it gives some necessary storytelling elements, but it is by far the worst Star Wars film.

El_Machete12 likes this.
  8. DRush76

DRush76 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 25, 2008
    My favorite Prequel movie is AOTC. It felt more like an epic on its own than the other two movies.

El_Machete12 likes this.
  9. son_of_skywalker03

son_of_skywalker03 Force Ghost star 4

Dec 7, 2003
    RotS is definitely my favorite of the PT. Hell, there are days it is my favourite of the Saga. Other days it's TESB. Why RotS? Simple; once Anakin turns to the dark side the rest of the movie shifts into high gear until the end. Especially any and all scenes in which Obi-Wan speaks/does anything.

Force Smuggler likes this.
  10. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    I would go with The Phantom Menace. I just love how all the little seeds of everything that will occur in the next two films are planted in this one. I love how it is sort of a prologue to the Saga and is more of a self contained film. I love how it shows that the Golden Age is already in decline and how the innocence of the galaxy is shattered in this one. I love how Queen Amidala is sort of the symbol of that innocence and how she and her society loses this over the course of the film. I love how Palpatine is the harbinger of this lose of innocence and is shown to be a manipulating, power-hungry politician (the complete opposite of Amidala). I love that Qui-Gon is set up to be the wisest of the Jedi even though he is somewhat of an outcast and that his death is IMO a major factor in Anakin's eventual fall. So many great things about this film!

Vespasian and -NaTaLie- like this.
  11. KilroyMcFadden

KilroyMcFadden Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 31, 2012
    There is an edit of TPM floating around with the humor, slapstick, and cheesy dialog removed that I can't quit watching. It is now my absolute favorite movie of the PT. The improved pacing reminds me of ANH.

12. Lars_Muul

Lars_Muul Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 2, 2000
    My current favorite is TPM. I just love the feeling I get from it. It's a nice, fluffy, warm adventure full of excitement, extraordinary visuals and old-fashioned cheese.
    Jar Jar has been one of my favorite characters for years, but I recently found a new level of appreciation for Qui-Gon. He is, simply put, an awesome character! The way he handles things, by following his instinct and never losing faith is truly inspiring. He is this movie in many ways.

"There's something about this boy"
    /LM

13. TheRevanchist

TheRevanchist Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 13, 2012
    The Revenge of The Sith is my favorite prequel SW movie. Though I was disappointed with the way of how Anakin was transformed to Darth Vader, and I was equally disappointed with some of the dialogues still I liked it very much, and I think that it is some levels higher than TPM and AOTC.

14. Count Yubnub

Count Yubnub Force Ghost star 5

Oct 1, 2012
    Oddly, for me it's the opposite--AOTC used to be my favorite but over the past few years ROTS has become my favorite, by far. Apart from the amazing visuals, I just love how much it is structured like a classic tragedy.

Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  15. Master_EdgeCrusher

Master_EdgeCrusher Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 21, 2005
    I wold have to say that ROTS is the best one. The only concern I have is that leap in age between each movie what greater than we would know unless we read the books in between. Everyone stated that Anakina and Kenobi were equals, but Skywalker had more abilities. If his hormones weren't raging on Padme [face_love] I think Vader would have been more powerful than anyone!

16. Neil lowery

Neil lowery Jedi Youngling

Nov 8, 2012
    I watched the phantom menace , that is a fun movie. Atoc is my favourite because of the Jedi arena battle

17. Poor Greedo

Poor Greedo Jedi Master star 2

Nov 6, 2012
    I agree, as much as I love the overall story of ROTS, its really hard to watch the last half. Call it bleeding heart disease, but to the to watch the Jedi fall like that hurts deep down somewhere.
    Also...the WAY they are dispatched is really terrible too...ie shot in the back and taken down relatively easy...really showcases how fragile life is even in a galaxy far far away ;)

Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  18. Lee_

Lee_ Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2012
    For me, there is no discussion: ROTS takes the cake, far and away. More compelling/riveting, better acting, better special effects, less kid-friendly, more edgy, it just takes the cake everywhere. Ultra-fantastic classic. Better than ROTJ for sure.

kainee likes this.
  19. kenobifan1999

kenobifan1999 Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 3, 2012
    this exactly... except I prefer ROTS to ANH.

20. Mr. Forest

Mr. Forest Chosen One star 6

Nov 1, 2012
    Pretty much this. It's my most favorite movie of all time.

21. Iloveanakinandpadme

Iloveanakinandpadme Jedi Youngling

Jan 3, 2013
    I always loved ATOC.
    1.ATOC
    2.ROTS
    3.TPM
    even though the phanto meanace is my least favourite out of the three i enormasly love it!!!

22. Iloveanakinandpadme

Iloveanakinandpadme Jedi Youngling

Jan 3, 2013

23. kainee

kainee Jedi Padawan star 1

Dec 10, 2012
    My favorite is Revenge of the Sith, even if I can't watch the last half of the movie without bracing myself for a heart attack because, "Why, Anakin, why!?!?!" I know out of universe, he had to fall because there'd be continuity issues but I still am so bummed by the ending. The OT then becomes the salve for the wound that RotS ripped open and even then, the ending with seeing Anakin's Force ghost is still bittersweet.

After RotS in my order of preference is AotC and then TPM.

It'sHereToStay likes this.
  24. JevanShevu

JevanShevu Jedi Knight star 1

Aug 20, 2009
    My favorite is The Phantom Menace. It was the first Star Wars Movie id seen in theaters. I remember walking out of the theater so excited. The Phantom Menace had so many good qualities and some very important plot points of how Palpitine rose to become in charge of the Republic.

Attack of the Clone is my second favorite tied with Revenge of the Sith.

25. Allana_Rey

Allana_Rey Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    AOTC and it always will be. Cannot wait until September for the 3D re-release.

Saga Explorer and Count Yubnub like this.