main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena The Official NFL Discussion Thread (Now Featuring Time's Person of the Year, Taylor Swift!)

Discussion in 'Community' started by PRENNTACULAR, Nov 25, 2006.

1. EmpireForever

EmpireForever Force Ghost star 8

Mar 15, 2004
    Is it?

Yeah.

2. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    Good result because at least the Ravens have some chance of beating Denver. Not a great one, but better than the Colts would have.

3. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
    I liked Lewis doing his warm up dance one last time there on the field. Niiiiiiice.

Rew likes this.
  4. The Great No One

The Great No One Jedi Grand Master star 8

Jun 4, 2005
    wonder if we're even going to have an interesting wildcard game... because there certainly hasn't been so far.

5. Havac

Havac Former Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 29, 2005
    Well . . .

Surely you can come up with a better example than that.

6. Point Given

Point Given Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Dec 12, 2006
    Not that Cutler's good, but have you seen Young and Leinart?

heels1785 likes this.
  7. Havac

Sep 29, 2005
    JUST LET ME MAKE FUN OF JAY CUTLER OK?

8. The Great No One

The Great No One Jedi Grand Master star 8

Jun 4, 2005
    why in the world are these two teams so chippy? i mean, is there some history here i'm unaware of?

9. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008
    Seahawks making this one interesting. Keep it up, guys.

10. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
  11. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    Yeah that looked like maybe an ACL. All game I have been saying he was going to get seriously hurt AND they were going to lose if they didn't take him out. This is all Shanahan's fault. What a rat.

12. Rew

Rew Chosen One star 5

Dec 22, 2008
    Okay, before that last Washington drive, I was practically begging for Kirk Cousins to put in. He's been so clutch, whereas Griffin is injured and hasn't been passing well. So what do they do? Leave Griffin in, and now the game is all but over.

Seriously, **** the Seahawks. Would it be possible for one of my two NFL teams to make it to the playoffs and get eliminated by someone OTHER than the friggin' Seahawks every time??

13. LloydChristmas

LloydChristmas Baseball and Three-Time Jedi Draft Champion star 5 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 3, 2012
    Round 3 between Kirk Cousins and Russell Wilson. This is awesome.

14. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    Too little too late. They don't have enough time to make it up. Probably would have been okay had they put Cousins in earlier. Or at least had a shot. But they gave up 7 on RG3 collapsing. And now the o line has folded.

15. s65horsey

s65horsey Otter-loving Former EUC Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 24, 2006
    The snapper is having some serious issues though. Totally his fault.

16. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    He is for sure, but it wouldn't have mattered as much if Griffin had been able to get down to the ball. His knee just couldn't take it.

17. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000
    The emotions Seattle brings out of people. :p And though Shanahan deserves criticism for his handling of RGIII here, you don't think the QB sweet talked his way to remain in the game?

ShaneP likes this.
  18. Havac

Sep 29, 2005
    Who would have predicted at draft time that Luck and Griffin would be playoff one-and-dones, and Russell Wilson would be the one making a run? Awesome.

DarkEagle and DarthTunick like this.
  19. Eeth-my-Koth

Eeth-my-Koth Jedi Grand Master star 9

May 25, 2001
    Can't wait to taste sweet Juliet's tears. :D

20. Rew

Rew Chosen One star 5

Dec 22, 2008
    Now pulling for a Green Bay-Seattle revenge match in the NFC championship, but I think we all know it will be the 49ers and Falcons. (Yawn.)

21. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Seahawks. Always the frelling Seahawks.

Well, the Packers are the only team I like left in this field, so I guess that's who I'll root for to take it all at this point. Hopefully RGIII's knee is okay, and we'll have much better luck next year.

Though we definitely need to draft some offensive blockers in the next draft. And maybe a younger Defense.

*comes close to putting Koth on ignore*

DarthTunick, RGIII must likely did talk Shanahan into letting him stay in the game. Most QB's aren't going to want to come out unless the injury is obvious (or a head injury nowadays), but yeah, Shanahan should have put his foot down and got him out as soon as it was obvious the knee wasn't holding up.

DarthTunick likes this.
  22. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    It's the coach's job to say no. But Shanahan is a life long scumbag cheat so I feel no sympathy for him and give him no credit when the doctor kept saying no.

The Seahawks will be lauded and they played pretty well but they were damned lucky about RG3 continuing to play. That's not anything they did to win.

23. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000

Really? The Falcons have been one of the worst playoff teams over the past 4+ years... it would be no surprise to me if they lose to Seattle. A Seattle/San Francisco (hello, Kendra! :p ) title game is likely, and would be great to see if the Seattle/Green Bay RE-MATCH OF DOOM doesn't happen.

24. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Dear ESPN, yes it was unwarrented and ill - advised contact, but it wasn't a punch to the face.:rolleyes:

25. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    I hope the Falcons lose but seeing as they are the best team this year they seem probable to break the bad streak.