main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Senate The Expanded Universe Senate

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Sinrebirth , Sep 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kev-Mas_Colcha

Kev-Mas_Colcha Force Ghost star 5

Dec 15, 2002
    Speaking as a regular user here (per the line: "This discussion is open to any user, not merely those involved with the Senate in an official capacity."). I've been observing this discussion for a while and quite frankly at times its made me want to shove my head into my desk. You do realize, that generally in most societies, when there is an election forthcoming, that if nobody is running against the incumbent candidate, the election goes on anyways, with the incumbent being re-elected as a result of no contest? Is it not the same for this establishment? I mean, if you are truly upset with the current leadership, you would have either ran against it yourselves. The proposition by Chancellor Sinrebirth to extend the deadline is more than fair in my opinion - he's giving you guys time to work up a campaign against him.

Just thought I'd give some insight so you guys would perhaps quit bickering and make a more efficient use of time.

2. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    Fair thought, but fact is, this isn't the real world, so we can change the rules and alter situations to suit. ;) Truth is, it's not like there are any major issues on the table right now, and no real decions are being made, so to wait will not hurt a soul. :). Honestly, I see no bickering, I see silly RPG posturing and character impersonations. ;). All in fun.

Bardan_Jusik and CPL_Macja like this.
  3. adaml83

adaml83 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 8, 2004
    Yes DRL has been rather unkind to me, though it seems I'm not the only one. I will accept this motion if either this administration creates a committee to see if there would be better dates for the election.

4. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Adam!! crash tackles him.

5. Kev-Mas_Colcha

Dec 15, 2002
    Well, if there is nothing really going on, do we really need a Chancellor? Is it so wrong to just go without until a new one is elected? I mean, with the Mods and all as the official peacekeepers, it really seems like they are merely figureheads and user advocates.

6. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Sure they are! Just like I'm a fighter pilot, Sinrebirths a Sith Lord and CPL Macja is a Jedi Grand Master. It's all make believe, so technically we are all fakers here, but like I said, we like to role play and enjoy the fun of pretending this is important ;)

7. Kev-Mas_Colcha

Dec 15, 2002
    So, why not just work up some magic that you can normally do for any other role play, and put a "freeze" of sorts on it, and get back to it when people are able to commit the time? Then when you return you can act as if no time has passed in the role play or whatever, and move on with life as usual.

8. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    Because this isn't a role play in that sense Kev. The Senate helps the mods to "run" the EUC so to speak. We are looking at an extension of the current term, not a "freeze". You ask if we need, does it matter? The citizens and mods of the EUC want a Senate and Chancellor and we have basic rules that provide for that. At the end of this term we are having some DRL issues affecting people's ability to participate so we are working around that. It really is as simple as that.

[​IMG]

Adalia-Durron and CPL_Macja like this.
  9. Kev-Mas_Colcha

Dec 15, 2002
    Well, then clearly I need more clarification before I can chime in again, as it seems just as convoluted and complicated as real life politics.

For example, I was unaware of the fact that you all were willing to actually go forth with the extension.

10. The Great No One

The Great No One Jedi Grand Master star 8

Jun 4, 2005
    probably because all politics end up that way kev, real or pretend. hence my avoidance for... seven years or so.

anyway, my girlfriend has left and i have time to talk in here again.

i would support the current motion, but with the proviso that it become a permanent change. move the elections forward a month. that way we avoid the problems that come in january. it's not just the senate that "dies" during january, it's pretty much the entire boards. it strikes me that when the decision for dates was made was during a different time, with different needs. a "dying" period back then was nowhere near as null users as it is now. something needs to be done about the base problem, and not just band-aid it. and by doing so it would also give the current administration closer to it's rightful time in office.

that's my reasoning on it anyway.

Mitth_Fisto and Adalia-Durron like this.
  11. CPL_Macja

CPL_Macja Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 29, 2008
    Actually that time frame was decided on during one of the slowest times in board history - Pre-Move & Post-NewUserBlockage.

But like the Vice-Chancellor has suggested lets leave the issue of amending the Constitution until after this motion has been decided upon.

Bardan_Jusik likes this.
  12. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    That would require a 3/4 majority vote to amend the EU constitution. I really think we need to limit ourselves to discussion (and hopefully approval) of a temporary one month extension of the current term that can get us to the next election in good order. If at that time the new administration wishes to tackle the process of amending the constitution then they may have at it.

[​IMG]

13. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Welcome home Trimaj....good to have you hear, but having a partner never stops us lot from being here......so maybe its for the best [:D] Find a lady who knows who you are and what you like ;)

I think we have a majority already, but like Bardan has said, let's wait for everyone. ;)

14. Lenea_Sandstrider

Lenea_Sandstrider Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    Personally either option works for me. I would say more...but long-winded posts on my phone are not easy :p

15. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Not to mention your female personae ......... ;)

16. The Great No One

Jun 4, 2005
    it's not so much that she minds it's that we only get to see each other once a month. so most of the time she's here is usually spent with her.

17. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Of course!! I did not know this, but when she's not there, be here! ;) [:D]

18. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    Glad to see the situation was resolved along my original assumptions prior to reading the follow up posts. I agree with the postponement of one month. Also I propose the motion that the new senate when re-groups after a new chancillor that the proposition of progressing all elections by one month be voted upon.

Katana_Sundancer, Robimus and Trimaj like this.
  19. The Great No One

Jun 4, 2005
    i'd like to second that motion (if that's needed or anything)

20. EUC CotY Awards

EUC CotY Awards Jedi Youngling

Jan 10, 2013
    The Expanded Universe Character of the Year Awards are scheduled to begin this weekend.

Prepare yourselves.

21. Chewbacca89

Chewbacca89 Jedi Master star 5

Oct 25, 2012
    Hello, all. Just wanted to introduce myself. I am the newly appointed Senatorial Aid to BultarSwan and the Guardians of Light.

22. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Now if I could just find an Aide!!

23. Rebecca_Daniels

Rebecca_Daniels Force Ghost star 5

Sep 3, 2006
  24. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    BECCA!!! [:D] I accept your offer, now offer in the NJO /LOTF club! [face_love]

25. Robimus

Robimus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 6, 2007
    I'm think I need a public relations aide. Maybe Zandalore :p

Bardan_Jusik likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.