main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series TCW Pessimism Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Arrian, Dec 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    S5 has been really disappointing for me so far. Prior to S5 I had only ever given ratings of 6 - 10 (I briefly gave Supply Lines a 5 but bumped it up to 6) or 1, and I'd only given two 1's. This season has given me another 1 in Secret Weapons, my first 2 in Missing in Action, my first 3 in A Sunny Day in the Void, and my first (for sure) 5 in Front Runners. Even if the rest of the season is amazing, I don't think it will be enough to prevent this from being the first season that's not better than the last (which has always been the case IMO). I'm hoping this season is a low-point for the series rather than a sign of things to come.

2. DarthTalgus

DarthTalgus Force Ghost star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Retitled : Dreaming of Season 1

Huyang likes this.
  3. Dark Lord Tarkas

Apr 29, 2011
    I dream more of S4 than S1. Don't get me wrong, I love S1, but I think there's some undue S1 nostalgia that conveniently forgets all the stuff it did really poorly.

07jonesj, Seerow and Mr. Atom Bomb like this.
  4. Mr. Atom Bomb

Mr. Atom Bomb Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 3, 2012
    THIS.

People here are always going off about the good 'ol days, but you know what? For the large part, they sucked.
    Pessimism- pass it on! :)

Seerow likes this.
  5. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    It is due Nostalgia... They were still unsure how to do things, but eventually they evolved visually... even with the scripts you can forgive them more cause they were still trying the water.
    I usually would have nightmares if it is about Season Four. With Season One for a starting season it did things great at that scale and timescale and even some dialogue, but in Season Four after 4 years of XP... BAD scripts like the ones for Umbara or Shadow Warrior or Hardeen - such bad scripts at that point can not be forgiven.
    The progression from Season One to Season Five for me is almost and if not the same as the Saga:
    Season One is A New Hope of TCW - visually a some points it has not aged well at all, dialogue at points is clumsy and deliveries are odd at places, but it had to start somewhere and get things off the ground. Nobody starts out perfect. The reason many "fans" hate this seasons is cause it is not perfect from the start. SW was not perfect from the start... let's start despising ANH cause it is old, looks dated and has a mediocre script.

Season Two can be seen as TESB - best dark moments, some of the best battles, many new things shown and so on. The Highlight of series cause everything was balanced - great visuals with great stories.
    Season Three for me is like a mix of Return of the Jedi and The Phantom Menace - it has awful politics and visits to Coruscant, Tatooine... there are many things in it in the first half, but when things get good, they got good aka The Citadel and aka Nightsisters arc.
    Season Four is for me the AOTC of TCW - Really bad, it has some great moments and grand battles like the Battle of Mon Calamari, but it has the most painfully bad and pandering dialogue of the entire series. Let's not mention the scripts that really hurt and made no sense aka Shadow Warrior. Sure, visuals are great, but when you have hollow stories with annoying dialogue - it is pointless.
    Season Five is ROTS of TCW - Everything flows great, there have been few hickups with Ahsoka, but overall great season.

Good for you... I say the same thing about the OT! [face_laugh]

6. Robimus

Robimus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 6, 2007
    Season 4 was an utter, complete mess. From Ackbar, to the poorly thought out faceoff stuff, to the great ressurection of Maul. Rumor has it there was even an episode where Grievous got beat up by a Gungan - though I can't confirm this because I refuse to watch said episode.

7. Dark Lord Tarkas

Apr 29, 2011
    Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan I really can't agree with your rankings. I don't think dialogue in the Rako Hardeen arc is as bad as, say, Dooku Captured, and I certainly wouldn't compare S5 to Ep. III, my least favorite TCW season to my favorite PT film. At this point in S5 I think S4 is much, much better.

Mr. Atom Bomb and Seerow like this.
  8. General Immodet

General Immodet Jedi Master star 5

Dec 5, 2012
    Dooku Captured, another episode I really dislike...
    Dooku was a powerful Sith Lord. How is it even possible he got captured by pirates. His lightsaber was stolen by a Kowakian Monkey-Lizzard, come on...
    Apparently, a Kowakian Monkey-Lizzard can overcome a Sith Lord. Great...
    By the way, Dooku and Anakin would never work together ever...

9. Robimus

Robimus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 6, 2007
    Pilf Mukmuk has powers you can't fathom.

eht13, K'Kruhk, JackG and 2 others like this.
  10. Mr. Atom Bomb

Mr. Atom Bomb Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 3, 2012
    Agreed. S4>S5 thus far, though DO agree on his stance on season 2.

11. Dark Lord Tarkas

Apr 29, 2011
    I really hope Point of No Return doesn't suck. When the Onderon arc started, I thought it was definitely going to get better, and then the first episode wound up being my favorite. I actually liked the youngling arc, but even that had a fourth episode that felt anti-climactic to me, like single episode material. Now probably my least favorite arc of the entire series is about to end...is it possible this will break the S5 mold and be a crazy climactic finish even though the whole arc thus far has been some of the worst the series has had to offer? I'm usually hopeful, but I have to say I have fairly dismal expectations right now.

12. Saga_Symphony

Saga_Symphony Force Ghost star 4

Oct 30, 2010
    I don't think there's been any four-part arcs that didn't feel they had at least one unnecessary episode.

Now_Serving_No1138, Esg and Robimus like this.
  13. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    I haven't seen them since they aired, but none of the Geonosis Zombie episodes seemed unnecessary to me. Maybe "Weapons Factory", because it's just action filler with the super tanks, but it didn't seem unnecessary to me.

I don't think any of the Deception episodes are unnecessary. The first two are terrible, but they don't seem unnecessary. I know some will say "The Box" was unnecessary, but it was the best of the arc imo and obstacle courses are always necessary, imo.

I dont' think any of the Young Jedi episodes are unnecessary, either.

Hmmm...pessimism quotient.

I'm hoping Ahsoka dies a painful, meaningless death. I hope Maul burns Satine alive right in Kenobi's face (no spoilers, please!). Rex and the other clone troopers have no soul, they are nothing more than biological death machines that will wreak terror on the galaxy and they should all be destroyed, put down.

S3 is a pile of ****. I hate this show so *** damn much. I'm sure TCW will continue forever, a neverending nightmare of terrible decisions that no Star Wars fan can escape.

General Immodet likes this.
  14. General Immodet

Dec 5, 2012
    Now that's what we're talking about!

15. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    Shaak Ti's model is so ****ing terrible:
    [​IMG]

The film's, micro-series', EU's and TFU's all look much better.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

16. General Immodet

Dec 5, 2012
    I met Orli Shoshan once...
    She is a very pretty woman. She was very friendly to the fans.

Personnaly, I think the models of the aliens and the droids who appear in TCW are good.
    Still, I think the models of the humans/humanoids who appear in TCW (certainly those who have a beard) are terrible.

17. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    Season 4 is my favourite season, due to it delivering throughout the whole season, as opposed to a specific part of it.

Season 5 is currently my second least favourite, only being above Season 1 (forget your nostalgia! The battle droids were annoying as hell, Ahsoka was annoying as hell for the first half, and Jar Jar featured in 4 episodes, where he was annoying as hell).

18. Dark Lord Tarkas

Apr 29, 2011
    The battle droids are still annoying as hell in many cases. Point of No Return has a perfect example.

CT-867-5309 likes this.
  19. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    Yeah, but that's because this arc was attempting to be funny.

In general, they've been toned down since Season 1.

20. The Hellhammer

The Hellhammer Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2012
    Battle droid "humor" is borderline criminal in it's awfulness.

It's just some really, really outdated slapstick.

Esg and Dark Lord Tarkas like this.
  21. Arrian

Aug 15, 2011
    The thing is, does anybody enjoy it? A large amount of battle droids being silent for once as they opened fire would almost be intimidating.

[​IMG]
    8-}

22. Arrian

Aug 15, 2011
  23. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    You get used to it. It has been 7 years of them being like what they are. One thing is sure - they are better shots than the Imperials. [face_laugh]

What is so bad about TCW model exactly!?

A bad human/character model is Anakin

[​IMG]

24. Arrian

Aug 15, 2011
    IMO the model is too disproportionate; the head is far too big for the rest of the body. As such the model is awkward in its movement, with the ability and beauty of Shaak Ti's lightsaber ability lost. Furthermore, the eyes and face of the model just annoy me for some reason. Basically I can't convince myself that it's her. We Shaak fans have big expectations, okay? :p

25. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Her face (on TCW model) looks like Kim Kardashian dressed up as Shaak Ti. :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.