main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

OOC Out of Bounds (The ELL OOC Thread)

Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource' started by Trieste, Sep 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JM_1977

JM_1977 Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 23, 2011
    It sounded good ok :p

2. Trieste

Trieste Chosen One star 6

Apr 10, 2010
    Thank you very much. Some of us had a great season last year.

And yes Macja, apologies. I have actually been planning on introducing Sydney for quite some time, but I wanted to finish off the Alana stuff right. That post was written quite some time ago, tonight was the first moment I had to get it posted. Hey, it had to happen to somebody.

You know me. I strive to bring the most loveable, non-controversial people into this game.

3. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    It's ok Trieste, at least you didn't introduce a power mad owner who kills people when he doesn't get his way. :p

[​IMG]

4. JM_1977

May 23, 2011
    Meet Zeke's best friend :p[face_devil]

GM Approved

Team: Ryloth Rough Riders
    Name: Fravid Deese
    Species: Human
    Birth Year: 244 ABY
    Physical appearance: [​IMG]
    Homeworld: Clak'dor VII
    Relation to Team: Goalkeeper
    Brief Biography: Limmie is in Fravid's blood. He grew up in the normal every day life of a modern family. A mom and a dad. He was an only child which gave him plenty of time to hone his Limmie skills, and at age 8 his parents entered him into the junior Limmie League where he became the top player almost instantly. He was looked at at a planetary level and at age 12 became the youngest player on Clak'dor's Junior team and lead his team to 3 straight Junior Limmie titles out of a 24 team tournament involving teams from all around Clak'dor. Then came high school.

High was where his life got interesting. That's where he met Zeke Barbosa. It was day 1 of practice for the school's Limmie team. Zeke was a Junior, Fravid a Sophomore. Zeke had been the starting Goalkeeper since his Freshman year and Fravid was the new kid. It was a hard fought battle during the summer and Fravid was told he got the job. But when opening day came he was snubbed and Zeke got the job. And then went on to sign with the Rough Riders and play in the ELL All-Star game. He never forgot that. He swore that one day he would ruin Zeke's Limmie career. Now with the recent call from Ryloth's GM to bring him up from Ryloth's PLL team, the Shili Suncrushers, he just might get that chance.

5. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    Phew. I'm glad one of my characters isn't a woman whose re-election as planetary leader instigated a civil war because of her stubborn adherence to deficit-reducing taxes only to later be elected to even higher office where she fought a war over some border raids.

And JM, your character sheet belongs in the game thread only. Additionally, please edit your existing library thread posts rather than posting new character sheets. All your team information should be kept in one thread, which makes it easy for everyone to find info on your character and team in one spot without having to hunt for it. We're lucky that the mods have given all users unlimited edit time power here in the RPR so I'd like to use that resource. The table of contents specifically links to this post as the Rough Riders post. At the very bottom of that post should be

If you click that edit button you can change what's in that post. That way everything is current. It decreases clutter in the library thread and makes it easy for everyone to find out what they need to know.

But, on the topic of the game itself, have you just signed Zeke to an 8 year contract worth 10.67 million credits a year? Jeez, he's outearning every single NHL player with that contract if we assume a 1:1 ratio on US Dollars to Republican credits. That's a heck of a contract. I mean, that's about a sixth of the Miners entire payroll right there. They must really like Zeke on Ryloth!

Bardan_Jusik likes this.
  6. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    [face_laugh]

If Taab ever becomes mand'alor I see a period of warm relations between the people of manda'yaim and the Republic. ;)

[​IMG]

7. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008
    I wouldn't call trying to assassinate players on other teams or league officials "warm". Maybe our definitions in this instance differs by quite a bit. :p

8. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    To be fair Taab only ever had minor league officials assassinated. Ryi was the one who put the hit on Glencross, and that was before my time in the game. :p

[​IMG]

9. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    A league official is a league official. Nothing minor about it. ;)

10. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    You know Gunny, you and JM are getting hard to tell apart with your Bronconess. You guys should really get together and take Meredith Chambers up on one of those free Papa Palpatine pizzas. "Join us on the tasty side of the Force!"

11. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    I think a free Papa Palpatine pizza wouldn't be too far out of the question. :p

12. JM_1977

May 23, 2011
    *ahem* N9 trieste:p that's 10.67 million credits over those 8 years plus the option on the 282 season

13. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    Well, I guess it's not completely out of the question. I'm not an NHL fan, but I do recall some ludicrous deals that were signed and then turned down by Bettman that spanned more than nine years, so there are some historical parallels in magnitude to this kind of deal. A-Rod's Rangers/Yankees contract, anyone? :p

14. JM_1977

May 23, 2011
    Albert Pujols' Contract with the Los Angeles Angels last year is a better example

15. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    True. But are you sure the RoughRiders can afford to pay Zeke over 80 million credits (with over 90 if the ninth-year option is accepted)?

16. JM_1977

May 23, 2011
    It's all part of my plan my friend just sit back and watch :D

17. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    But wait, that right there sounds like 1.3 million a year if it's 10.67 paid across 8 years. If that's the case, the Rough Riders' management made out like bandits considering other deals out there. I mean, we're talking a player who was nearly MVP for under a million and a half next year? That's incredible value.

And while Bettman did bring the hammer down on the Kovulchuk contract, which was actually 17 years and $102 million as originally written, they eventually accepted a 15 year $100 million contract. The reason was due to what they termed salary cap circumvention. In short, the yearly hit was averaged across the life of the contract. Even if they paid Kovulchuk $20 million in the first year, the cap hit on the 17 year contract was actually only $6 million. The 15 year version's yearly cap hit is $6.7 million, rounded up. And yes, his contract was very frontloaded. In fact, there's a lot of speculation with these contracts that teams and players have discussed "retirement" dates because they're so front loaded and the money disappears. The new collective bargaining agreement cracks down on this by imposing penalties if players retire.

But anyways, yes, contracts outside the NHL get astronomical. Like Drew Brees now making $20 million a year, for example. And he's not even tops on the list!

Long and short of this is: sign away in our salary cap free game! Just remember Kayl'hen might want to see your books one day to make sure the red ink equals the black ink. :D

18. Runjedirun

Runjedirun Force Ghost star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Oy, now all we need is someone to RP an accountant.

JediMaster_1977 likes this.
  19. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    Seeing as how we've already added two player characters in two non-traditional character roles in the last few weeks, I wouldn't say that would be too far out of the question. :p

20. JM_1977

May 23, 2011
    well with the fact that we now have a lawyer why not an accountant

21. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
  22. JM_1977

May 23, 2011
    I doubt it would make a difference :p

23. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    Not GM Approved At All

Team: Vandelhelm Jets
    Name: Addi Shon
    Species: Human
    Birth Year: 249 ABY
    Physical appearance: [​IMG]
    Homeworld: Vandelhelm
    Relation to Team: Accountant
    Brief Biography: Recent Vandelhelm State Grad Addi Shion had tons of student loans from her Business degree that she's got to pay off somehow. She accidentally won tickets to a Jets preseason fan event and went because, as a Business major, she loves free stuff. This resulted in her meeting the VP of Operations for the Jets, who just so happened to need another accountant. Now Abbi has an adult job working for the Jets and balancing the books. But she's about to find out just how high stakes the world of professional limmie is...especially when you have to deal with beings like Phil Brooks and Esther Gondorf...

Liam_Vehn, Runjedirun and jcgoble3 like this.
  24. JM_1977

May 23, 2011
    told you it wouldnt make a difference :p

25. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    What have we unleashed upon the world? :_|

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.