main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The Clone Wars - 5.14 - Eminence - discussion thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Seerow, Jan 16, 2013.

1. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    I liked that. It looks cool either way.

2. Jabba_The_Hutt_123

Jabba_The_Hutt_123 Jedi Master star 3

Oct 29, 2003
    Hated the flamethrowers too.

3. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
    I'm starting to sound like Uncle from Jackie Chan Adventures now. ONE MORE THING!

The homages are well-done. It's obvious that they're homages but they're subtly different enough that they feel natural instead of shoehorned in.

4. The Shadow Emperor

The Shadow Emperor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 29, 2012
    I can already tell that this is going to be my favorite TCW arc.

1. Season Five Maul Arc
    2. Season Four Maul Arc
    3. Nightsisters Trilogy

Hmm, I noticed all the arcs in my top three all share something in common. Coincidence?

5. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    This is what the Prequels should have been like; many sides fighting to gain the galaxy for themselves.

6. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Man, look at all this fan service! This is why people love this episode - ALL THE FAN SERVICE...

Can you believe that this guy wrote also "A War On Two Fronts"!? ODD...[face_laugh]

The Shadow Emperor likes this.
  7. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
    Finally. An episode worth rewatching.

rumblewagon, KED12345, Seerow and 2 others like this.
  8. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    LOL

Almost all episodes this season are greatness...

But I do love Villain-centric episodes! TCW needs to the same kind of episode, but with Separatists... I mean they had a council of leaders in this one too. :cool:

One thing - this episode makes me hate the first two Onderon episodes more and more!

9. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
    Yellow laser bolts FTW!
    Darth Sidious would have been proud, if he had actually sent Maul on this mission.

10. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    Ya know, as a casual fan who became more invested because of TCW. I actually hold TCW accountable for my lack of interest in the Separatists and certainly like some villain centric episodes. That's what makes this, Revival, and the Nightsisters arc special.

11. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
    Don't admit to being a casual fan Seerow you'll lose everyone's respect

CT-867-5309, JackG, eht13 and 2 others like this.
  12. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    --Ah, so Maul fancies himself and Savage "true Sith" now, does he?

--"Will of the Force"? Oh for ****'s sake, do they all use that excuse?

--the Black Sun is sufficiently freaky, as a crime syndicate should be

--Maul so full of hate that he's amassing armies wherever he can find them--also sufficiently freaky

--However, his threatening the Hutts on Nal Hutta was hilarious in its level of arrogance and stupidity

--I like the female villains, both the Zabrak and the Mandalorian

--dude, did you really expect the Hutts to be anything other than mercenaries?

--wait a damn minute; all that fighting and suddenly the Hutts decide to join them? I didn't get it and neither did my son who was watching with me

--I give Maul credit for being a decent strategist

--Of course we have the Death Watch and Maul and Savage planning to destroy each other; typical Sith behavior even if their calling themselves "true Sith" is laughable

You all are right; this episode was full of good villains. As much as I dislike Maul being back, this was a decent setup for the arc.

7/10

13. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    Ahhhh ok. This has come up so much in the EU I'm forgetting who's supposed to know about it, who isn't, and who's been retconned to know it. I always find it weird when laypeople like Vizsla know, but I couldn't remember if the Mandalores had inside information or not.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  14. The Shadow Emperor

Sep 29, 2012
    I actually felt sorry for that poor Hutt guy who was left behind--Oruba, was that his name? He was so pitiful and sad-sounding. :(

15. Zabrak 2

Zabrak 2 Jedi Padawan star 2

Sep 7, 2012
    Oh and BTW CN Schedule has The Lawless for February 2 it just is going to keep going like that.

16. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    on Nar Hutta? Savage killed him

17. The Shadow Emperor

Sep 29, 2012
    I did watch the episode, you know. ;)

18. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    ohh you meant before he died, i got it now :p

The Shadow Emperor likes this.
  19. godisawesome

godisawesome Skywalker Saga Undersheriff star 6 Staff Member Manager

Dec 14, 2010
    It's such a relief to have a bad-guy like Maul take center-stage for a while, and I loved having Jon Favreau and Sam Witwer share scenes in this episode. both obviously love Star Wars and are excited to be able to contribute to the saga. You can feel their enthusiasm pouring through their lines, and they both benefit from it: Witwer's voice lacks the octave resonance of the guy from Episode One but makes up for it with raw emotion and intensity, and Favreau's very recognizable voice is masked by his ability to portray both a politician's double speak and a fanatic's hatred in each scene.

And I like how both men are blatantly attempting to use one another for personal gain. To use the lexicon of TV Tropes, they both see themselves as the Big Bad and the other as the Dragon. The dynamic they bring to their alliance is clearly a powerful one since both are lead-from-the-front style warriors, and it was awesome to see them acting as Bash Brothers and doing Power Walks all over the place, we clearly see that Maul and Savage are more powerful combatants and that Viszla's edge of control via his superior forces is being erroded by his own actions. And while most of us have already been spoiled, this episode does a very good job of clearly establishing that the alliance will only last until Mandalore is under their control. Then all bets are off and no holds are barred.

And I can't be the only one who thinks they intentionally gave Maul an incomplete shirt in a homage to Khan from Star Trek, am I? That plus the Aliens reference at the beginning were two of my favorite little winks at the audience.

20. cwustudent

cwustudent Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2011
    That "will of the Force" line reminded me of Lawrence of Arabia, when the Arabians kept mentioning, in one form or another, "it is the will of Allah." I liked it, because it reminded me that some beings still regard the Force has a living entity, like a god, rather than just an energy field. Maul is definitely a true believer, so his line about "the Sith-pretender Dooku" takes on a little more meaning, character-wise. I really want TCW to put Tyranus and Maul in the same room and see what happens. Maul would probably be toast, since we've never seen him produce lightning, while Dooku can and does.

I agree that Maul's assault on Nal Hutta was arrogant. He let all those bounty hunters get away, so they'd spread the word of Maul's power. He wants to build a public reputation, which is interesting as a contrast to Sidious' covert role. Perhaps all his shouting for attention will come back to bite him. (Yes, yes, I know what's gonna happen...)

KenobiSkywalker likes this.
  21. fistofan1

fistofan1 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 8, 2009
    Random observation: Did anyone else think that the backs of the cockpits of the Mandalorian fighters looked like the backs of TIE fighters? Also, the front is reminiscent of Maul's Sith Infiltrator in TPM. I love little details like that.

22. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I'm sure that's the main reason it got on my nerves to the extent that it did, but I'm risking delving into real-life belief systems here.

Another note on this: I'm realizing that I really, really need to watch Revival again.

23. fistofan1

fistofan1 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 8, 2009
    What George will never tell you is that the whole "will of the Force" thing is malarkey. It's all Waru, my friends.

24. Samayel_

Samayel_ Jedi Master star 2

Sep 26, 2012
    this is second time that Maul kills the leaders of Black Sun..... I thought taht they learned to not open the door to a red and black tattoeed stranger after what happened to Alexi Garin.

V-2 and Sitara like this.
  25. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    Well I liked the droid episode, but this one was just one better than the last one and I can only imagine that the next one will be better than the next and so on. In reality season 5 has not dissapointed at all, Onderon arc or not. They have all been super awesome this year. This episode was full of action, and well the sith can't force choke multiple bounty hunters, but then again they aren't all that powerful to begin with. Dooku was caputured by pirates in the first season so its consistent. I like how some bounty hunters can go toe to toe against jedi and sith, and thats the way it should be.

Nevertheless, this was a very good episode and a reminder that hopefully the series is getting better and better and that Filoni and company will continue it for many years. This series cannot end next season, it needs several more with the level of animation that its going

V-2 and InterestingLurker like this.