main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The Music of TCW

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by AkashKedavra_93, Sep 4, 2012.

1. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    Ahsoka does have a theme, it's played every now and then.

I agree with you on the music selling the scene though.

2. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    I'm late to the party, but... have you guys been on www.kevinkiner.com? He has the music posted in HQ clips from the entirety of "Weapons Factory" since he was nominated for an Annie. It sounds great especially in HQ. The Ahsoka theme really stands out, and there are great emotional moments for when they thought the padawans were trapped under the rocks, and when they rescued them. Sorry this is way old but i still found it really cool.

The other clips posted in this thread are much appreciated, i especially like the Umbara clips which featured the 501st/Clones/Republic army theme.

Seerow and 07jonesj like this.
  3. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    As others have said, I don't think KK necessarily had to copy JW themes in order to make the music more a part of the story. I think the show's main theme (the non-JW parts obviously) are a great example of how that could be done in original way but still pack some punch. Unfortunately, KK seems satisfied with "mood music" most of the time instead of powerful, sweeping themes.

07jonesj likes this.
  4. AkashKedavra_93

AkashKedavra_93 Moderator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 8, 2011
  5. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    Thanks for the awesome find Akash. The one from Hostage Crisis is kinda meh but fun to hear the Geonosis arc.

6. AkashKedavra_93

Jan 8, 2011
  7. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    That last one's pretty dang epic. Well, I guess they all are. But that last one reminds me of WoW.

8. AkashKedavra_93

Jan 8, 2011
  9. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    While I was doing my Mandalore/Death Watch marathon I noticed Corruption from Season 3 incorporated the somewhat obscure "Queen Amidala" theme from JW's TPM score. It was when Padme stood up to address Satine's council of Mandalore leaders who were bickering over the black market troubles.

It is a somewhat Eastern sounding flute arrangement in minor, you hear it in TPM the first time she addresses Gunray via viewscreen on his ship, and also when she stands before Nass at the sacred place, I think with more strings that time.

Nice touch Kiner. :) I don't think JW even brought that one back in Ep 2 or 3.

cwustudent and AkashKedavra_93 like this.
  10. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    In a recent interview Filoni stated that Kevin Kiner has done his best work on the show and that Filoni asked the sound department to turn up the music in finale arc about Ahsoka.

11. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011

Cool info. Epic sad fiddle?

12. KenobiSkywalker

KenobiSkywalker Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Sounds like I may lose my man card in this arc after all. :p

The scoring in TCW has improved greatly over the course of this season, especially the Maul arc.

13. Convor

Convor Jedi Knight star 2

Feb 25, 2011
    Link?

14. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Rebel Force Radio's first episode with him.

http://ec.libsyn.com/p/8/6/e/86ed7d...1ce3dae902ea1d01cd8f30d9cc5a4c6f&c_id=5326807

Convor likes this.
  15. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    Gotta give KK credit where it's due when he does something I usually complain about him not doing. In Eminence when they went to Jabba's palace and he suddenly reverted back to his Jabba's palace music from TCW film just for a brief moment it gave it a lot more impact, so kudos for that.

16. Dathomir-Witch

Dathomir-Witch Jedi Master star 2

Jan 2, 2013
    Did the music at the very end of "Bounty" reminded someone else of "The Lion King" too, or was it just me?

17. ninjaofthenight801

ninjaofthenight801 Jedi Padawan star 1

Nov 19, 2011
    Still no talk of an official series soundtrack huh? It doesn't sound too hard to include that with season DVD purchases, if not as a standalone... I think fans would really appreciate it. Some of the mixes with the trailer music have been fantastic as well.

18. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Nope. Its really to bad. I think an official sound track would be a great idea to release. It would make it much easier to appreciate TCW's separate musical identity.

KenobiSkywalker likes this.
  19. KenobiSkywalker

Sep 3, 2012
    Dear Dave Filoni,

Make it happen.

Signed,
    Ahsoka Tano and Plo Koon.

:p :D

20. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    - Dave gasps reading letter. - "I'm like Deathnote. Anything I write becomes real...I shall use this power to vanquish evil and improve the past!'' - Grabs Journal. - "Once upon a time Modesto, California."

21. AkashKedavra_93

Jan 8, 2011
    I actually graduated high school there! Ah, the times...

Seerow likes this.
  22. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    That's really cool. I remembered a little something from a certain program I saw on Science Channel. <<;

23. KenobiSkywalker

Sep 3, 2012
    Well.....

"There's nothing better than drawing something one day and then having it walk up and talk to you..." -DF
    :p

24. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    LOL Krell...

KenobiSkywalker likes this.
  25. Figrin D'aniel

Figrin D'aniel Jedi Master star 2

Jan 12, 2013
    Maybe it's just me but it seems like the main problem with the soundtrack and why it's not very memorable is because it is too quiet and low in the mix a lot of the time. Has anyone else noticed that? Also I think the lack of consistent and strong themes doesn't help either.

Convor and Dark Lord Tarkas like this.